Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-05-2023, 11:30 AM
Master
how does a male say...??

How does a male tell a female to just be quiet for a little while without starting a war? Sometimes silence is nice.
There is a difference between talking and conversation. I enjoy conversation, but just pointless talk can be overwhelming.
Old 11-05-2023, 11:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
How does a male tell a female to just be quiet for a little while without starting a war? Sometimes silence is nice.
There is a difference between talking and conversation. I enjoy conversation, but just pointless talk can be overwhelming.
LOL....you do what me andy hubby just did.
I'm sat there crying cos I'm stressed over a court case , and also tax man delving into historic things, and he says one wrong word and it escalated into WW3 after which we don't talk to each other for 3 or 4 days.....
Works every time Hal.... Just say the wrong thing at the wrong time.
If youre REALLY lucky she will leave you LOL...
Old 11-05-2023, 12:07 PM
Ah, never been in Couples Therapy, eh? This is a 101 Basic thing we learn.
Put it on yourself, "I need some silence for awhile. I've had a hard day." Add an endearment, 'honey'.
Or "It's just a little too much for me right now."

That should work. Therapists usually recommend saying 'I' instead of a 'You' sentence.
This one tip could have saved marriages.
Recommended book to save $ and a relationship?
"Men Are from Mars, Women Are From Venus".

You're so funny, Angel.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Master

A much better book that I think every couple should read before they live together is called

Why men don’t listen and women can’t read road maps.

It really helped me understand where my husband was coming from and he understood me better. This book could save many a marriage IMO
Old 11-05-2023, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Why men don’t listen and women can’t read road maps.
Hahahah, LOL Great title!
I never heard of that one!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Newbie ;)

What usually works for me and my wife: I start explaining the plot of whichever Warhammer 40,000 novel I'm reading. Suddenly, my beloved is just too busy to stay and chat xD
Old 11-05-2023, 02:52 PM
Master

Miss H. Honestly this is the best book ever for relationships and
EVERYTHING he says is so true! Easy and simple to read. Some scientific based ideas on the male brain and the female brain. I actually didn’t know they were any different until I read this book.

It came out years ago so I don’t know if it would be easy to get hold of now.

Reading this book will save people the time and money going to see a therapistIMO
Old 11-05-2023, 02:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxAeonsl
What usually works for me and my wife: I start explaining the plot of whichever Warhammer 40,000 novel I'm reading. Suddenly, my beloved is just too busy to stay and chat xD
Love it LOL....
Old 12-05-2023, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Just say the wrong thing at the wrong time.
If youre REALLY lucky she will leave you LOL...
I remember when her daughter refered to her as "overwhelming" I had a hard time not laughing after that comment. that didn't work out very well. And that was her daughter, who does no wrong. My wife loves to overdo things like talking, other than that she's wonderful. All I would like her to do is relax and everything would be great!
Old 12-05-2023, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This is a 101 Basic thing we learn.
Put it on yourself, "I need some silence for awhile. I've had a hard day." Add an endearment, 'honey'.
Or "It's just a little too much for me right now.

You're so funny, Angel.
. I really wonder if the comment. All I want is to relax, everything will work out and be okay, would work. But I heard telling someone to just relax usually doesn't have a good outcome either. Last weekend she was making plans for a camping trip a year from now. A lot can happen in a year. I mean I really don't know what pair of pants I am going to want to wear on that camping trip. I am not joking on that one either.