Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-09-2022, 05:56 PM
Seeker

How to find a good medium online?

Hey, I'm really sorry if I'm annoying with all these posts.

Could you guys advise me on what is the best way to find a good medium online please? What should I search for? Would it be "psychic medium"? or should I try and find someone who is just solely a medium? Is a clairvoyant the same as a medium? Also, are there any red flags I should look out for, like asking for too much info or anything like that?

I don't know anyone who could give me a recommendation word of mouth so it has to be an online search how I find a medium.

Sorry again for all the questions.

Thank you.
Old 14-09-2022, 07:58 PM
Experiencer

Why not consider what I suggested earlier to get a feel for what an evidential medium does? Then you'd know what to expect and you can look for someone who might help.

If you're hoping to hear from a deceased loved one then you should look for an 'evidential medium'. Not a psychic, not a psychic medium. A 'clairvoyant' is short for clairvoyant medium.

Nobody can guarantee success so if anyone appears to be doing so just walk away. A reputable medium won't ask you personal questions. The medium's basic task is to convey details from a spirit individual that will provide details you can accept as evidence of the spirit's identity - that's 'evidential mediumship'.

A medium, though, can not summon any particular individual. You can send out your own thoughts, though, to anyone you would like to hear from.
Old 15-09-2022, 09:39 AM
Seeker

Hi Boyce, thank you for the advice. Yes, what you mentioned earlier about going to different churches is definitely still on my mind, I just struggle a bit with anxiety to do with driving so I'm a bit limited to how far I can travel.

brilliant, thank you. I didn't know what to search for so I will try and get an evidential medium. Ahhh yes that's good to know about nobody can guarantee success, I'll make sure I keep an eye out for that.

So if a medium says something like "if you bring an item or a photo of the deceased I will try to get in touch with them" would that be a red flag? with mediums not being able to summon individual spirits

Thanks again
Old 15-09-2022, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbster2020
So if a medium says something like "if you bring an item or a photo of the deceased I will try to get in touch with them" would that be a red flag? with mediums not being able to summon individual spirits
No. Not at all..it might help that particular medium's focus, tune in, that's all.
If I were looking for a medium...I would go to a local bulletin board at a Metaphysical Store, and still ask around.
Even if my city didn't have one, I'd go to a different city and keep searching.
But, that's me - looking til I find something!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbster2020
So if a medium says something like "if you bring an item or a photo of the deceased I will try to get in touch with them" would that be a red flag?
An object associated with someone you'd like to hear from may help some evidential mediums but nobody can "summon up" specific spirits in such a way.

Using a personal object may assist psychics and some mediums to 'pick up' information about a spirit communicator from the object. Details obtained that way might give the impression those details had been communicated from a spirit when in reality they hadn't. That's not mediumship

It's fine if a medium says they'll try to get in touch. It's when one says they can/will find a specific spirit individual when you should give them space. No reputable medium would claim to be able to locate someone specific and "bring them through".
Old 15-09-2022, 07:08 PM
Seeker

This is really good to know, and I'm glad I asked the question now as I was going to take an item to a medium, thank you so much for explaining so clearly. I wouldn't want someone just picking up information from an item and trying to pass it off as communicating with spirit so I'll steer clear of taking anything with me.

Thank you again for your help, boyce it's much appreciated
Old 16-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Experiencer

I'm blessed if you're finding my thoughts helpful.

I do hope you find a reputable, experienced medium. Those who are regulars at church gatherings may be able to suggest someone local who provides private sittings.

A 'good' one should explain what she or he will do and what to expect. Most won't mind you jotting down details. Some mediums might allow you to make an audio recording.

best of luck :)
Old 17-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Seeker

I didn't see your reply, Miss Hepburn for some reason I only saw Boyce's, I think I just scanned the page and because I'd asked Boyce a question I was looking for his reply kind of thing and totally didn't see yours. I'm sorry about that. but thank you for the information about the item, I'm in two minds whether to take something. I can always try more than once with different mediums, one with an item and one without. Yes I will keep on with my search , I think some might have given up by now but I have to keep faith that there is something more than just this life. Thank you for the advice.

Thank you, Boyce. Yes I could definitely try asking at the church that's a good idea for sure. And taking notes would be helpful as it can be a lot to take in especially if you can't think who they're referring to.

Thank you again for your help guys:)
Old 17-09-2022, 12:41 PM
Administrator
You should ask around not all Mediums are the same go with word of mouth

Namaste
Old 19-09-2022, 06:52 AM
Seeker

Thank you, Native spirit. I've asked a friend if he knows anyone, hopefully he does. I will also ask at the church when I go again.