Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Pathfinder
Unconditional Love

I wanted to talk about Unconditional Love. We all hear a lot about it but do we really know what it is? We call so many different emotions with the word love that could often be mixed with jealousy, unconscious egoism and most of all – the desire to receive love. Two important components of Unconditional love, to me, are simply put, impartiality and compassion. I don’t say indifference, more like compassion towards beautiful emotions that make us balanced and fill us with light, and impartiality towards low emotions that want to take over us.
When instead of giving love you want to obtain it, it stops being unconditional.
Have you ever seen a sad old man that is selling flowers and some warm emotion makes you want to buy them all so you can bring back the smile to his face?
I think this is a crucial part of all our missions, and the more we open ourselves to do good, the better for … well, us all, and for you. I think we all have different missions but the same motivational force behind all off them is unconditional love and from this on, the good faith and initiative is yours.
What are your thoughts?
Old 06-07-2020, 12:35 PM
Elfin

Hi and yes love, at that moment In time is pure love given in good faith from our soul. Your example of the man selling flowers is quite beautiful. And yes I do believe that many of us know the difference between a certain act, and an act of unconditional love. I love my children "unconditionally" .
Old 06-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Lorelyen

I don't find any ambiguity about what it really is. It's unconditional. There are no 'ifs' attached, no 'as long as'. There's no discussion about how it can apply therefore. It's all embracing, all encompassing. Rare.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I don't find any ambiguity about what it really is. It's unconditional. There are no 'ifs' attached, no 'as long as'. There's no discussion about how it can apply therefore. It's all embracing, all encompassing. Rare.
It is simply in one word... Beautiful.
Old 13-07-2020, 01:53 AM
Seeker

There is self love and unselfish love. Many who proclaim love often attach qualifiers or material things. An example that comes to mind would be the truly unselfish love of a parent. Even to the point of giving their own lives to preserve a child. There are other examples of course but that is a pretty primal example.
Old 13-07-2020, 04:08 AM
Master
When you choose to marry someone because they won the lottery.
Old 13-07-2020, 08:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Koti
There is self love and unselfish love. Many who proclaim love often attach qualifiers or material things. An example that comes to mind would be the truly unselfish love of a parent. Even to the point of giving their own lives to preserve a child. There are other examples of course but that is a pretty primal example.
Self-love isn't unselfish. Funny English language. Self-love is necessary in order to get to unconditional love. Without self-love this is impossible.

Giving your life for your child is not really unconditional love, it's a built in primal instinct to preserve the species.
I do think the love of our children is the closest to unconditional love we get.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Self-love isn't unselfish. Funny English language. Self-love is necessary in order to get to unconditional love. Without self-love this is impossible.

Giving your life for your child is not really unconditional love, it's a built in primal instinct to preserve the species.
I do think the love of our children is the closest to unconditional love we get.

If all your love is focused on your self it becomes selfish. Yes of course you have to be happy in your own skin and like yourself. But if you stand in front of a mirror all day adoring yourself, that is what I am talking about that would be what I would call selfish love. Ignoring everything else but love of self.
Old 13-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Koti
If all your love is focused on your self it becomes selfish. Yes of course you have to be happy in your own skin and like yourself. But if you stand in front of a mirror all day adoring yourself, that is what I am talking about that would be what I would call selfish love. Ignoring everything else but love of self.
Sure, but that isn't self-love. People that are totally self-focused typically lack self-love.
Old 13-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Newbie ;)

In this world, getting unconditional love is very difficult, May be a mother's love is something very close to it.