Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 06-05-2023, 04:30 PM
Master
New Kitten!!

After my sweet Bailey passed away in February I found myself thinking of getting a kitten. I only had my Nila and I don't really like 1 cat. And I could tell she felt a bit out of sorts too.
Not just in general but her behaviour has also changed a bit since Bailey has gone. For instance, she used to sleep and snooze a lot in between being outdoors, but now she's mostly busy 'guarding' the house? She keeps going from the front to the side window in the living room, keeping an eye on neighbouring cats that wake by and often go under the fencing into my garden.
She doesn't like that one bit! It does mean she's busy with that for hours on end, until approx 23.00 at night?!
She never did that when Bailey was still around so that got me thinking that he mostly carried the protective & guarding load?
Cats are very protective of their guardians, but I have never realised to what extent. Clearly now with Nila being alone she has to carry that load by herself.

But I also want a kitten for myself, to have 2 cats again.
So I started looking but these days everyone asks a fortune for a normal cat, not even a specific breed. Outrageous prices!
Then I found a family at 3 kms from me with 2 pregnant cats! And they don't ask a cent for the kittens, a good home for them is all she wants.
Now I really wanted a 3 colour. I have wanted that all my life but never had one. And considering my age and how old cats get on average, this may very well be the last kitten I ever get. However weird that feels to think about.
So I thought, if this is the last kitten I want a 3 colour now!! These are very popular and not easy to find.
But... 1 of the pregnant cats happens to be a cute, small 3 colour! And her mother -also pregnant- is white & red and has had several 3 coloured kittens before. So suddenly the chances of finding one went up!!!
I think Spirit has listened as I had asked Spirit to guide me to the right kitten for me and for Nila, and since I want a 3 colour...

In any case, the first litter had 1 three-colour but someone else chose her before me. So I decided to wait for the 2nd litter.
That was born on the 29th of April and... it had two 3-colour kittens!! YAY!!
I now even had a choice, hihi.
I went over last Tuesday and went for the smallest one of the two. She's so incredibly cute!

Today I visited them to see the li'l kitty-kat again. She's now a week old, and seeing her properly this time I truly felt I indeed had made the right choice!
Spirit had guided me to the right one for sure, at least as far as I can tell of course.

Now there's waiting another 7 weeks at least, and then there will be the moment supreme: introducing her to my Nila. I'm a bit nervous about that!
You never know, could go very well, can go very wrong.

Anywho, this is the little kitten, the 3 colour in the middle. She was 3 days old when I took the photo:

Old 06-05-2023, 04:46 PM
Master
Ah that's sweet.

Quote:
introducing her to my Nila. I'm a bit nervous about that!

Yeah you never know how it will work out.
Perhaps Nila will be like a mother..
Old 06-05-2023, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Ah that's sweet.

Yeah you never know how it will work out.
Perhaps Nila will be like a mother..
That's what I'm hoping for. She is, however, quite the li'l Diva, haha. As long as they sort of get along I'm good. Anything more is an extra!
Old 10-05-2023, 03:38 AM
Dude111

Meow meow purr!!

I love kitty cats
Old 31-05-2023, 06:56 AM
Master

Are they getting along ?
My son had same thing . They got a kitten called Mungo and he is SUCH a drama queen. Then when he was 2 ( earlier this year) they adopted a 12 year old female whose owner had to go into a care home. The new cat is called Merlin. They had to keep them apart for a few days but they're ok now.

Hope yours have settled nicely together.
Old 31-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Administrator
I keep thinking about getting another one, but the heartache of loosing them puts me off.
my daughter help support a guy from the town who rescues cats and kittens.
he pays for everything out of his own pocket.
so she buys food treats etc for the Animals.
He said since covid he has rescued over 1000, people just dumping them he re homes those that can be,
The cats league cant take anymore

Namaste
Old 31-05-2023, 09:04 PM
Dude111

Yes thats the herd part NS..... They become part of our famaily and it hurts losing them.........
Old 02-06-2023, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Are they getting along ?
My son had same thing ......
The new cat is called Merlin. They had to keep them apart for a few days but they're ok now.

Hope yours have settled nicely together.
That's wonderful to hear!
The little one isn't with me yet. She's now 5 weeks old and end of this month when she's 8 weeks she can come live with me and Nila. I am, however, going to try and have her stay another week but not sure if the family where she's born is okay with that. I will have to ask.
But 8 weeks is way too young to leave the nest and can cause problems in behaviour. They actually shouldn't leave the litter until 12 weeks old which very few do, but in Belgium it is law!
They learn a lot concerning social & normal behaviour from 7-12 weeks from mother & siblings which they will miss out on when having moved to a new place at 8 weeks.
So if I can squeeze an extra week out of it... better than nothing!
Old 02-06-2023, 09:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I keep thinking about getting another one, but the heartache of loosing them puts me off.
Namaste
That means you keep your heart closed and are also missing out on the good stuff that you get when opening your heart!

I had 14 glorious years with my Bailey until I had to let him go in Feb this year. Yes it hurt, was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and had I not gotten him 14 years earlier I wouldn't have had to go through that.
But then I also wouldn't have had all the love, cuddles, joy, comradery and happiness with my Bailey for 14 yrs on end! Would I want to miss out on that? No way!

So I kept my heart open, right through the pain of letting him go, which means I worked through the loss properly, and am fully ready to commit to a new kitten and again enjoy 14+ years of love.

Hurt & loss are part of life. You can't avoid it and attempting to do so only makes you miss out on life itself, the joy & love & happiness!
I know everyone deals with (the risk of) loss in different ways. Some take tranquilisers to not feel, another form of avoidance.
For me none of that is an option. I love myself enough to not cut myself off from love.

Old 02-06-2023, 09:44 AM
Master
So far I've seen li'l Rosie ("Roosje" in Dutch, which is her name) every week :) They live about 1 km from me, just outside the village, so it's easy to pop over, but I don't go too often as I don't want to become a bother, hihi.
They have 9 kittens (2 litters) so I guesstimate they quite often have people coming round to look at their kitten(s).

In any case, I took this photo last week. The entire 2nd litter seems to be a bit calmer than the 1st one. All kittens of that 1st litter are a little more fiery. Suits me fine to have a bit of a calmer sweet li'l kitten!