Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-03-2023, 11:39 PM
Newbie ;)

How do I protect myself spiritually? (I have a lot of distressing dreams)

I've tried prayer, it doesn't seem to be working. In fact most of my life I've struggled with this strange phenomenon of just weird things happening to me that could never be explained and people would just tell me "oh forget about it", but it's not that easy to forget, because something is tormenting me. A lot of the things I never wanted to happen to me have happened, I went through some sort of spiritual strange thing and I'm still confused. I don't know if I am cursed but one thing I have definitely taken note of is lots of bad dreams. I've tried praying, and it kind of seems useless in continuing to pray because nothing seems to be working and it's been going on for soooo long. I just started feeling like prayer is a waste of my time because I'm still going through issues and I want to know how to spiritually protect myself since my prayers are not being answered. Sometimes in my dreams people hurt me, like someone pulled a lighter out on me and burned me and I felt it the actual fire, when I woke up I knew it just wasn't normal to feel fire while you are dreaming, it seems to be always one problem after the next like something bad happening to me. I've tried all these spiritual things to get help nothing has worked. I can't see a therapist at the moment either, so what should I do? Thank you. I've been dealing with a lot of strange things happening to me with no explanation and people tell me to just get over it, but it's kinda hard and I am totally confused. What I should do? It always seems to be something bad that happens to me, in dreams they're usually negative like bad like something bad happening at work, I don't know what to do but I've been having bad stuff happen to me basically all my life, I would like to know how to stop it but don't know how. I have a lot of drama in my life a lot and I'm just tired of it.
Old 17-03-2023, 01:40 AM
Master

What works for me, is to softly tell my subconscious, before falling asleep, a handful of times, something like: "Now, I''l have a safe and beneficial sleep and rest, with only pleasant dreams".

To make it work better, before saying this affirmation, I quickly relax my body and my mind (a few seconds should be enough). Then, any thought crosses my mind, I just gently and naturally put it aside.

The more you do this, the more effective it gets.

It will work for you too.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-03-2023, 04:15 AM
Newbie ;)

If the dreams are from your subconscious psyche,
I have to agree with the first reply that thoroughly programming one's self before falling asleep to have one's attention on obtaining a pleasant dream is the best solution.

After you fall asleep, wherever you left your attention the moment before falling asleep is what I suspect begins the dream, a direct continuation of focus, although manifested creatively instead of reflectively.

I think it works something like, the first random associations to have continued your attention from before falling asleep manifest creatively.

Try giving yourself an association that you will be a powerful being within a lucid dream (immediately before falling asleep). In this manner, you could "counter" a bad dream even if cast into you by an external entity. I doubt very seriously this is what is actually going on.
Old 17-03-2023, 11:38 AM
Administrator
You could Arc Angel Michael to cut the cords of negativity from around you
you could protect yourself. just immerse yourself in pure white light. you could use an affirmation like has been said.
or go to a spiritualist church to speak to a medium they could help you

Namaste
Old 17-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What works for me, is to softly tell my subconscious, before falling asleep, a handful of times, something like:
"Now, I'll have a safe and beneficial sleep and rest, with only pleasant dreams".
Yes, this. ^

Notice how he says, ''tell my subconscious''...he's not asking in a prayer, not pleading, whining, crying, begging
or bargaining, ha! (Not saying the HopeforChange does that.)

When Jesus said, SAY to the mountain....he meant it.
He did not say ...''Ask me to move the mountain, ask my Father to move the mountain, beg the Father,
in my name, to move the mountain..."

Nope, Say to the mountain itself.
Decree it.

At the same time doing what Native spirit said...cut the cords.
Hi, Saint J. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you everyone for responding. Hopefully I have some better dreams.
Old 22-03-2023, 11:09 AM
This may sound silly...but as your head is on the pillow...smile.

And have thoughts of gratitude while smiling...thinking -
'I am so happy I have a roof over my head and a warm room and blankets. (cuz many do not)
If you believe in God or a 'something' ---talk to them, thank them or Him.
Funny, how a smile changes the chemistry in our bodies and brains.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2023, 03:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeForChange
I have a lot of drama in my life
That sentence rang a bell for me. I've found for me my dreams have a lot to do with what I am experiencing during the day. Not only what I do with my time but with what I think about as well.

I sometimes do things for fun that are really not good for me like log in to online video games with my friends and we fight others in the game and laugh and stuff but it often leads to bad dreams. So while it can be addicting and fun escapism, I stopped doing it.

Also, sometimes during the day I may think about things bad from the past or even present. I've found that also leads to bad dreams. Even reading or watching bad news can cause bad dreams. Watching scary or violent tv shows or movies can do it too.

I think while it may be hard to do, maybe being careful about what you think about and experience during the day can help dreams get better. Like try to think happy thoughts. Only watch happy movies and tv. Don't read or watch the news. Try to find ways to have less drama in your life, or if you can't (I'm in that boat too) try to not think about it unless you have to.
Old 22-03-2023, 05:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This may sound silly...but as your head is on the pillow...smile.
Funny, how a smile changes the chemistry in our bodies and brains.
Good suggestion!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-03-2023, 07:55 PM
Master
My prayers seem to go unanswered too so I can relate.
Imo God doesn't exist and there's no one home to answer my prayers.
Not to say that I don't love God because I do but I think God is just imaginary mainly because God has no physical presence as we do.

utopiandreamchild