Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 29-01-2023, 01:59 AM
Pathfinder

What do you think of this quote?

The quote is "Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them."
I think this is a good quote that gets to the heart of a person. There are times where people are disappointing, but I think expectation is the root of all heartache. If you expect someone to be nice to you for example but they're just mean then that's because you would be nice to them.
At this point in my life I've pretty much learned you can't really expect someone to give you what they don't have.
Old 29-01-2023, 03:41 AM
Master

some of my best lessons came when others weren't nice to me, and instead of faulting them for it I simply accepted they might have valid reasons for not being nice. Maybe their life just sucked at that point, or maybe they had a valid complaint about me personally and that came out in the interaction... disappointing yes, but it turns into a 'real' moment for me when I decide to have compassion for their point of view instead of fighting with them.

my twin especially lol... we are both pigheaded enough that we would have fought forever if I hadn't just caved and accepted her as she is no strings attached... but now while it is still like she is there and I am here and never the twain shall meet, I can have a sense of humour about it and even accept that that is the way it is... without being totally unwilling to relate in whatever way we can just to prove a point lol

Anyway it crosses my mind I'm not the only one on this boat... and we are in rough waters...

thanks for the question...
Old 29-01-2023, 05:17 AM
"Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them."

What do I think of that?
"Good one. True. Nothing new to me!"

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-01-2023, 05:54 AM
Master

"Despite how open, peaceful, and loving you attempt to be, people can only meet you, as deeply as they've met themselves. This is the heart of clarity."

Matt Khan

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 02-02-2023, 02:38 PM
Master

Re what to expect from others

Actually I don’t expect anything from anybody, including my kids. If people give to me thats fine and if they don’t that’s fine as well. I’ve believed for a long time now that if you don’t expect anything from anyone then you can’t get upset/annoyed/angry and if they do want to give then it becomes a nice feeling cos you didn’t expect it. Makes life so much easier.

I tell my kids: I had you cos I wanted you and you owe me nothing. Anything you do for me you do cos you want to and not because you feel you have to.

Yeah I know I’m a bit of an odd ball and I know people just don’t get me most of the time but that’s ok too.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:52 PM
Master

Seeing that this thread is related to quotes, this is one I like:

If you do what you’ve always done, then you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:12 PM
Master
Dropping all expectations allows for you to practice being you no matter what others are being and doing. It’s just another attachment to drop.
Old 19-02-2023, 09:30 PM
Amhrán Grá

ReturningMoon, Joe Mc got the right idea:
(In my opinion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
"Despite how open, peaceful, and loving you attempt to be, people can only meet you, as deeply as they've met themselves. This is the heart of clarity."
This quote means, that despite 'how much' you love someone and 'how much' you'd do for them, they won't do more than what they 'see' they can do for you. According to how much they 'see' you have done for them, reacting in exchange.

IF, you are lucky, eventually this person will stop reacting, and start acting from love.

Going from there, you get everything you need.
Maybe, in time too, everything you ever dared dream of.
Old 20-02-2023, 06:14 AM
Master

@ Amhran Gra, great name.

__________________________________________________ _____

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 20-02-2023 at 10:04 AM.
Old 20-02-2023, 08:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
The quote is "Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them." ...

I believe that we should always do whatever we think is right, without considering if we give more than others, without expecting reciprocity, without expecting recognition. If we do right in our thoughts and actions, we'll get right in return from life.

If we watch too closely if we are rewarded for our deeds, we'll fall behind in doing and thinking right, and we'll deserve less in return from life.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.