Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 14-05-2023, 05:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
I thought farmer could hold them up to a light and see. :)
Oh really ?!!! Wow.
I never knew that !
Old 05-06-2023, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
I thought farmer could hold them up to a light and see. :)
At the egg farms, it is known as candling. My Mother once worked at an egg farm and did that kind of work.

Another job that is a lot more interesting is sexing chicks. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:21 AM
Master
Egg farms are still not really ethical. I believe it would be for the better if every street had its own flock that a local community had to take care of. Not sure what to do with the excess roosters (maybe set them loose..) but with the lack of industrialized scale it is still the better alternative.
Old 05-06-2023, 07:49 PM
Master
I once raised chickens. They were the roaming, non-cage type. Nothing like seeing a bunch of banty roosters on some fence posts trying to make a name for themselves by crowing. And then, the big roosters make their appearance.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Egg farms are still not really ethical. I believe it would be for the better if every street had its own flock that a local community had to take care of. Not sure what to do with the excess roosters (maybe set them loose..) but with the lack of industrialized scale it is still the better alternative.
And this is what I used to talk about with what I'd bring into force if I ran the country. Each area would be "gridded" off and be self sufficient.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I once raised chickens. They were the roaming, non-cage type. Nothing like seeing a bunch of banty roosters on some fence posts trying to make a name for themselves by crowing. And then, the big roosters make their appearance.

LOL John...
I grew up with chickens. We had different breeds. Roosters can live together in harmony, at least, we had different breeds and their size difference was substantial. Because they were such different breeds I guess they simply didn't view one another as competitors. We had a very small Japanese rooster next to a larger 'common' rooster, and the little one was always free to crow. He was a funny little thing. They would even crow together.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:11 PM
Master

"Open to arguments to go vegan."

Going vegan will be good for your karma.
Old 30-06-2023, 12:34 AM
Master
Some believe karma is still 'acquired' by eating vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, etc, If true, how does one get 'around' that?

Old 30-06-2023, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some believe karma is still 'acquired' by eating vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, etc, If true, how does one get 'around' that?

You don't, because you have to eat. But eating some causes less pain and suffering than eating others.
Old 30-06-2023, 07:31 PM
Master
Have breatharians gotten around that issue?