Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 01-11-2021, 12:03 PM
Ascender

The river of Rewards and Pilgrim.

After much pondering upon the subject of "motivation" Pilgrim embarks on a journey in order to find the source of the river of Rewards.

Having followed the wide river upstream for some time Pilgrim saw that the river slowly became narrower and then a stream and then a rivulet--and finally in the high place a trickle which required close inspection on hands and knees to see at all.

It was whilst engaged in such close and determined investigation that Pilgrim was greatly surprised to be suddenly in the shadow of a great and ancient looking door, standing--it seemed--alone in the middle of a deep gully in the high land. The trickle seemed to be coming from beneath the bottom of this great door.

Pilgrim stood up and refocused on the surroundings.

There appeared to be a mysterious brightness visible above the top of the door, and on each side was a cage. The two cages and the door took up all the space in the narrow gully so that the further progress was not possible.

In one cage Pilgrim could see a lamb, standing. In the other Pilgrim could see a dove, perched.

Suddenly, in unison, the lamb and the dove spoke.

L&D. Hello pilgrim. It is good to see you.

P. Hello to you also. I am on a quest to find the source of the river of Rewards. It seems to flow from beneath this strange door. I need to follow the river beyond this door.

L&D. The river can lead you only this far.

P. But then I will never know. --said Pilgrim with some frustration.

L&D. You may not, but perhaps you can.

P. Oh, tell me how--replied Pilgrim with some desperation.

L&D. Cease your following of the river.

P. But my desire for that understanding is my motivation.

L&D. You have another motivation, another capability of which you may not be aware has this function.

P. What? Where?

L&D. Love, loving, will take you further, free and beyond reward.

P. You speak of freedom, yet I see that you are caged. Why?

L&D. We have chosen to pass through the door from beyond so that that you may know.

P. That is a great sacrifice.

L&D. From where you are that may indeed seem to be so.

P. I do not understand.

L&D. You will.

P. Why should I believe you?

L&D. Your ability to believe and to understand will become apparent when you no longer seek understanding as a reward.

P. I believe that sounds like a great mystery.

L&D. Yes, that is also our belief.

P. So, can you tell me more?

L&D. Tell you--No, but share with you--Yes.

Pilgrim stood silently with a sense of growing awe at such help offered so freely for no reward, and eventually and with awkwardness whispered--thank you.--and then with rapidly growing conviction and with tears which seemed to dissolve all fears, all pain, all resistance, all doubt, shouted with arms outstretched to the creatures, the door and all beyond--Thank you, thank you.

With that Pilgrim approached the door, and on doing so the latch began to tremble and unlocked.

As it did so the lamb and the dove bowed and together whispered

Welcome Pilgrim. Welcome home.

Xx
Old 13-11-2021, 11:21 PM
Ascender

-----
As the door opened Pilgrim looked down, and in doing so Pilgrims tears fell and joined the trickle which flowed beneath the door.

In that moment the words which Pilgrim had heard spoken earlier by the lamb and the dove became Pilgrims own reality----

The river of rewards might lead to the great door but only love passed through it.

X