Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 17-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Lepus

Cat The Snow Leopard Is no Longer 'Endangered'

Hello,

Good news! The snow leopards population has reached over 4,000 - their status has been reclassified into the vulnerable category. They were in the endangered status for the past 40+ years. In order for an animal to remain endangered their numbers must be around 2,500 or less. These snow leopards still remain at risk of extinction if people continue destroying their habitat and killing them for their coat (poachers).

Quote:
The Internation Union for Conservation of Nature said on Thursday that new data taken through 2016 prompted the reclassification of the snow leopard from the endangered list to the vulnerable category. The difference means, simply, that the animals have gone from "very high risk" to "high risk" of extinction in the wild.

The Snow Leopard Is No Longer Endangered. It's Still At Risk.

Lepus
Old 18-09-2017, 04:06 AM
Master
Yes.. great news!.....as a member of felus panthera....the leopard is one of the "big five" cats in that genus and is one of the most adaptable range wise of all the big cats....

Its range has run as far from Africa as far Asia and Russia all the way to Java.....and leopard numbers are not doing too bad at all compared to the other big cats....especially the cheetah which frankly is struggling to make it....

The sub-species known as the snow leopard though has done much more poorly than its tawney and spotted relative loosing range and numbers for many reasons including illegal poaching...

Its happy making for me to know that its numbers have increased by big bounds ...mostly due to greatly inhanced management by conservation groups and governments in the snow leopards range stepping up and doing a better job protecting both there habitat and the animals themselves. ..

As a hunter and conservationist myself. ....this is very gratifying to hear!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 18-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Deactivated Account

The kittens are so adorable.

They are a very striking animal. I have seem them in zoo's unfortunately.

Happy vibes for the Snow Leopard, an amazing animal, indeed.
Old 19-09-2017, 01:42 AM
Suspended
Thats good to hear, there a cool animal.. i also like the black panthers and other big cats too, lions and stuff.

Old 19-09-2017, 05:37 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
That's great news to hear, I was honoured to come across one once many years ago in the wild it was an amazing and beautiful creature. Long may their numbers keep growing.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 19-09-2017, 05:43 AM
Master
I love snow leopards! I'm so glad to know that their numbers have increased. About a year ago I saw a show about them. The researchers set up cameras in a female's territory so they were able to track her two kittens until they grew up and got their own territory.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 20-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
That's very good news Lepus. It goes to show, if we are mindful of creatures who need our support....or need to be left alone by humans....we can change bad situations.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:57 AM
Master
That really is fantastic news for the Snow Leopard. They need to be free to roam in their home without poachers trying to get them.