Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-12-2020, 09:07 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I will take this opportunity to say:
When in doubt be kind.

Wise words we as people can easily forget to apply from time to time. I am not excluding myself as I have said some nasty things in the heat of the moment. The good thing about the internet is that we have all the time in the to realize what all we are saying. Many times my 1st reaction is definantly not showing my best side, so I shoo that one away, spend a minute feeling ashamed of myself. Then either decide it isn't worth it and move on or I reevaluate the situation, go find my best self & let her answer the question.

Remember when we were children, we were taught the golden rule. "Treat others as you would like to be treated" or if you would prefer "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I forget who said that, but I am pretty sure we celebrate his birthday today

Miss Hepburn is right, there are people lost alone & depressed. I have been there, you have been there.

If I am coming across as "holier than thou" That is not my intent. I am just acting as a channel for a voice that belongs to us all. I am just having a lucid moment, Miss Hepburn's comment is what got her attention.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumper-cant-say-something-nice.jpg (109.0 KB, 2 views)

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

~ Albert Einstein &/or Bob Samples

"However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship."

~ Albert Einstein

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

~Thomas Jefferson
______

EXISTENCE IS PAIN
______

Old 26-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm apologizing to moderators, administrators and members alike for what I've done to upset them.

I've read the rules, I've looked at the conventional meaning of 'debate' etc. and honestly didn't, and don't, see my postings as 'debating' anything with anyone. I see far stronger interchanges and even anger here on SF.

I don't know who is sensitive, lost or depressed (as has been mentioned) but I try to respond to points raised and responses made rather than to personalities.

I am sure and confident about what I 'say' and write which is mostly just about the subjects I've spent a long time, and a lot of effort, researching over the years. If I disagree with points made I usually present the reasons why while at the same time trying to avoid becoming verbose.

I guess that upsets folk so, sorry....
Old 29-12-2020, 12:38 PM
PureEvil760

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I'm apologizing to moderators, administrators and members alike for what I've done to upset them.

I've read the rules, I've looked at the conventional meaning of 'debate' etc. and honestly didn't, and don't, see my postings as 'debating' anything with anyone. I see far stronger interchanges and even anger here on SF.

I don't know who is sensitive, lost or depressed (as has been mentioned) but I try to respond to points raised and responses made rather than to personalities.

I am sure and confident about what I 'say' and write which is mostly just about the subjects I've spent a long time, and a lot of effort, researching over the years. If I disagree with points made I usually present the reasons why while at the same time trying to avoid becoming verbose.

I guess that upsets folk so, sorry....

Feel free to unload on me all you want. Research will never hold a candle to real experience. In fact research should only be used to gain experience. Because things extracted from earthly experience remain earthly.
Old 29-12-2020, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
My OP wasn't addressed to you and yet you feel so inclined to butt in.

I would appreciate it if you heeded Native Spirit's advice to us all to stay on topic.
I didn't notice who you were talking to -I start at the bottom often and go up is why- -didn't matter.
It's just the nature of a public forum that
people can respond to whatever posts they would like to.
Oh well.

Sure, it's polite to say ..."Mind if I interject here?"
But, old time forum users are used to being able to respond to any posts.
(You can always ignore their input.)

Yup, staying on topic is encouraged.
You're fine bobjob.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-12-2020, 03:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEvil760
Feel free to unload on me all you want. Research will never hold a candle to real experience. In fact research should only be used to gain experience. Because things extracted from earthly experience remain earthly.

Thank you for that invitation but unloading on anyone isn't my style. As you'll probably be aware I will support and defend what I say but that's about topics and not individuals.
Old 29-12-2020, 03:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I didn't notice who you were talking to -I start at the bottom often and go up is why- -didn't matter.
It's just the nature of a public forum that
people can respond to whatever posts they would like to.
Oh well.

Sure, it's polite to say ..."Mind if I interject here?"
But, old time forum users are used to being able to respond to any posts.
(You can always ignore their input.)

Yup, staying on topic is encouraged.
You're fine bobjob.

thank you - I really did think I was being admonished and didn't understand why.

Experienced website users expect their postings to attract responses and many/most would be disappointed if they didn't, I'd guess.

Any member wanting to interact with only a single member can use the private mailing system which would keep a conversations private. Otherwise we all should expect responses from anyone to any of our postings.
Old 29-12-2020, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEvil760
Nice post.
Old 29-12-2020, 04:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
Wise words we as people can easily forget to apply from time to time. I am not excluding myself as I have said some nasty things in the heat of the moment. The good thing about the internet is that we have all the time in the to realize what all we are saying. Many times my 1st reaction is definantly not showing my best side, so I shoo that one away, spend a minute feeling ashamed of myself. Then either decide it isn't worth it and move on or I reevaluate the situation, go find my best self & let her answer the question.

Remember when we were children, we were taught the golden rule. "Treat others as you would like to be treated" or if you would prefer "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I forget who said that, but I am pretty sure we celebrate his birthday today

Miss Hepburn is right, there are people lost alone & depressed. I have been there, you have been there.

If I am coming across as "holier than thou" That is not my intent. I am just acting as a channel for a voice that belongs to us all. I am just having a lucid moment, Miss Hepburn's comment is what got her attention.

On a large, impersonal website it's hard to know who may be having issues, who may be lost, alone or depressed unless you know someone well. Mostly I try to stick to points raised, responses made and leave relationships out of it.
Old 29-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Any member wanting to interact with only a single member can use the private mailing system
which would keep a conversations private.
Otherwise we all should expect responses from anyone to any of our postings.
Exactly. Some are new to public forums and may have wishes that
on a forum would be unrealistic.

We're all learning. It's all good.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-12-2020, 10:32 PM
Administrator
Bobjob has been around sites for a long while and is answering posts as he has always done.
but i answer them in the same way. this is a Discussion forum and Everyone has an input.
just keep on topic and polite

Namaste