Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

View Poll Results: Do You Experience Emotional Intimacy with Others?
Yes - I have emotionally intimate relationship(s) - its the default 3 37.50%
I have in the past but not now (comment in thread) 3 37.50%
I dont know what that would look like 1 12.50%
No - Not now or ever,really 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-12-2021, 12:10 AM
Bambo

Just wondering if people have emotional intimacy with others and to what degrees.
Old 24-12-2021, 01:44 AM
Master
I have almost no emotions and I am not intimate with anyone.
It takes emotions to be intimate. At least on this level.
Old 25-12-2021, 03:25 AM
jaminhealth

Oh I probably had too many emotions when younger and now just pretty realistic.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:52 AM
Bambo

I am very aware of how other ppl are feeling quite often myself....
Old 08-06-2022, 07:49 PM
Master
I don't know
No but I have been told by 5 people in the last 2 of weeks I'm going to end up with somebody from I am and I just same running joke in the family I've been getting the last 10 years and now I've had 5 people say the same thing and last two weeks
So if it happens watch this space

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 08-06-2022, 08:55 PM
Bambo

I do hope it happens for ya!!
Old 08-06-2022, 11:11 PM
Seeker

Lately, I haven't been able to keep eye contact let alone be emotionally intimate with anyone. There is a woman I am really attracted to but she is taken. It wouldn't matter anyway. I have such low self-esteem that I wouldn't be able to even stay calm around her.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:50 AM
Master

I really don't feel that I have low self-esteem, only that others would see me that way because I refuse to play certain games the way I'm supposed to. But TBH I have a very strong sense of self-value. Probably too strong of one I should work on it I guess... But parading around like a peacock on this isn't exactly my style...

but closing my eyes makes it much easier to not get lost in other people's emotions, any more I'm going back to averting my eyes when things get too intense. Which they do, even at the distance I'm at emotionally from everyone around me. And if that is the case, even with all this distance, how the heck could I ever trust myself with something less distant? And yet it is what I always used to suppose I wanted...

As far as wanting anyone specific, I don't really right now. Supposedly something is happening in the background somehow and I'm given all sorts of ideas about that, but honestly I've heard it all before lol... and here we are after 34 years of this with exactly the same sounds being heard from the crowd! It does sound sweeter though these days, guess I'm not as demanding about what I'll accept any more lol! On the other hand I'm also not nearly as sure I want to continue to offer my cheek up for another slap...
Old 09-06-2022, 01:10 AM
Master
I’m a predominate feeler type do deep feeling is natural to me.

In healing my own intimacy I’ve healed my ability to be intimate with others.

People at times look at me as if I am something foreign, I realize they see the person they have forgotten.

Even in times where I’ve been blocked by others in their inability to be open, it taught me lessons to open myself up through them.

The gift now, is that I stay open and present even as they chose to be. That to me is the gift of opening to your own intimacy.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:53 AM
Master

Only more recently.

It takes a strong emotional vocabulary to be able to express it.

I was fairy detached and closed off for a very long time however I would like longer term relationships across the board and I'd like to feel that when each person dies who I have had a connection with, that I have done my best to be as open and emotionally authentic with them.

I am quite sentimental, it may not be directly obvious with people in my life, I am making a point to express how I feel for others because I never know when that day will come, where I can no longer tell them how much they mean to me.