Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-07-2022, 01:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Getting a handle on anxiety also helps, understanding that "mis -steps" do not mean the end of the world.

personally i'm terrified of mis-steps. But I'm also terrified of the results of trying to get over myself and not be terrified. Sigh.

But the silver lining is that at least if I make a mis-step or otherwise attempt to do something I would consider to be somehow 'wrong' it at least adds some color to my life. It is so dreary, trying to do the 'right' thing all the time. Sigh.
Old 14-07-2022, 02:36 AM
jaminhealth

Progress NOT Perfection People, Don't Be So Hard On Yourselves!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14-07-2022, 12:52 PM
Knower

Aged 30, just as the great financial crisis was beginning, and we were going into recession, I quit my job, gathered all my savings, and went to university to study psychology - something I always wanted to do.

It paid off in one sense, because I earned a first class degree, and was on track for a promising career in academia, having published my dissertation research in two places and gaining employment as a junior researcher at the local university.

But it didn't pay off in another sense because I became utterly disillusioned with the university environment, and the direction it was heading, so I left, and decided to go drive trucks instead. Thirteen years later I'm still driving trucks, and never did use my degree for anything careerwise.

However, despite never using it to earn a living, it did expand my intellect more than I could ever have hoped. So in a personal sense it totally paid off. I'm glad I did it. I also gained a few friends who, 9 years after graduating, I'm still friends with.
Old 14-07-2022, 07:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
Progress NOT Perfection People, Don't Be So Hard On Yourselves!!!!!!!!!!

oh i've got lots of problems. People yelling at me and telling me I'm not dealing with my problems the 'right' way is one of the worst of them... sigh...
Old 14-07-2022, 10:12 PM
Master

Ahhh Bluto, I'm so glad I read your post!

I think many people can probably relate to what you wrote!
What you wrote caused me to pivot my attention actually, having recently had a similar experience.
Old 16-07-2022, 09:27 PM
jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
oh i've got lots of problems. People yelling at me and telling me I'm not dealing with my problems the 'right' way is one of the worst of them... sigh...

You don't have a mind of your own?,
Old 17-07-2022, 02:55 AM
Master

no not really. It is hard to keep boundaries when everyone is picking at you all day...
Old 20-07-2022, 10:56 PM
Pathfinder
Saving my son from drowning. I am not a good swimmer, I can barely keep myself above water. I saw my son had gone too far and was starting to sink. I dashed out into the water not knowing what I was doing. It was too far for me also. I practically drowned trying to help my son. He climbed on my back put his arms around my neck and I had to swim back. I barely made it. At one point I was so tired I wanted to give up but knew what would happen if I did. I kept pushing on.... I guess I made it because I'm speaking about it now. It scared the hell out of me.
Old 21-07-2022, 06:27 PM
MAYA EL

Biggest risky decision made based off of intuition?

I had a hunch that bit coin was going to be the next big thing
This was back in 2017 and decided I wanted to invest my life savings into it and take the risk

I'll let you do the math on how big that decision ended up being

When I made this decision it was 1400 a coin
And at it's peak it was about 72000 a coin
So it was a good decision