Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

View Poll Results: Do You Experience Emotional Intimacy with Others?
Yes - I have emotionally intimate relationship(s) - its the default 3 37.50%
I have in the past but not now (comment in thread) 3 37.50%
I dont know what that would look like 1 12.50%
No - Not now or ever,really 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2022, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I have almost no emotions and I am not intimate with anyone.
It takes emotions to be intimate. At least on this level.

That seems quite liberating.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:03 PM
Master
I used to be more emotionally attached to people, but the older I get, the more people disappoint me and I find myself withdrawing from people a lot.
There are a few I can still deal with on a certain level, but for the most part, I have put a few walls back up. It's sad, but this is the state of affairs we are in at this time. I feel people are more isolated and self contained now. There is no easy going feeling anymore
Old 08-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Seeker

Color

I would love to have emotional intimacy with someone, but I have body dysphoria and am afraid of even being touched by someone. I have been this was for several years now and I cannot seem to change the feelings that the person is going to find me disgusting. I'm not ugly or smelly, but, oh I just don't know what it is. A part of it is that I am ashamed to show that I like the person and am attracted to them. My shyness has risen to new levels. What can I do? I don't want to die knowing I never really experienced true love...
Old 17-07-2022, 03:17 PM
Seeker

Color

Too cute!
Old 17-07-2022, 03:34 PM
Emotional intimacy, not physical

I have 3 girlfriends for 36-46 years...we all can tell each other anything...the 'good, the bad, the ugly', the intimate.
We can cry together, comfort each other, understand each other's losses and loves, sexual issues and deep secrets.
What is a deep, dark secret? (That you might not tell your husband or another person?)
Like when you can not bear another day taking care of a beautiful, smart, kind sick daughter and wish she
would 'just pass over already' at, 44....and know that your friend will totally understand and comfort you.
That, is what I would say is emotional intimacy--being completely honest with
someone when it's a terrible or weird or painful or shameful thing about your inner feelings.

"Able'' to connect, was the question: When I trust the other person.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-07-2022, 07:21 PM
Bambo

Smile

Ahhhh thats sweet Miss H,im glad you have 3 you consider close

I feel I can tell YOU anything,I trust ya 100%
Old 20-07-2022, 10:12 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
...the 'good, the bad, the ugly', the intimate.
THIS!

If I don't have that first I can't connect. The physical on it's own is boring to me, it gets interesting when I have already connected emotionally.
I'm a snob sometimes.
Old 20-07-2022, 11:53 PM
OMG...I forgot my friend in Hawaii!!! That makes FOUR girlfriends...she has 7 children ...she is an angel of love. :)
She loves me through everything. And in the early 80s I could be cranky...saying it nicely.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-07-2022, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari
I would love to have emotional intimacy with someone, but I have body dysphoria and am afraid of even being touched by someone. I have been this was for several years now and I cannot seem to change the feelings that the person is going to find me disgusting. I'm not ugly or smelly, but, oh I just don't know what it is. A part of it is that I am ashamed to show that I like the person and am attracted to them. My shyness has risen to new levels. What can I do? I don't want to die knowing I never really experienced true love...

I’ve had this my whole life Shari.

It’s quite debilitating isn’t it?

I’ve gotten better with age but it still rears its head occasionally. The only way I combat it is to take care of my body in loving ways. Feed it, nourish it and thank it.

Strange as it is, all my life I’ve had a good healthy body, in terms of what’s acceptable in my eyes, but it still takes over where by the every little irregularity grabs your attention.
Old 21-07-2022, 08:49 AM
Bambo

I hope you continue to have goodness in your life