Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Knower

Riding the Lion

Here's a very strange dream and it's an old one. I've already interpreted it but I'd be interested to see how others interpretations differ. I dreamt it after a conversation with a soul connection ..possibly my twin soul.

Last night I had a very strange dream, although I don't remember much of it.
The part I remember ..I was in the city of "T........e" and I met an enormous male lion on "The Strand" .It started following me. The lion had a bridle and saddle so I decided to ride it.It took me wherever I wanted to go. I was a little afraid if I didn't ride the lion, it may turn on me at some stage. Eventually the lion tired of being my means of transport and reared up so far it fell backwards on top of me. Neither of us were hurt. I don't remember what happened after that...except I couldn't see the lion any more but I could still sense his presence .
Old 06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Knower

Interpreting from a Jungian perspective,

Presumably the lion is a part of your unconscious that provides a sense of support. In a human, consciousness rests on a field of activity in the unconscious, and the unconscious activity can sometimes feel like it's a support for the ego, and sometimes conflicting with it. An animal would appear to be your "animal self," that is, a part of you that feels emotions, can function in the world, but doesn't talk.

I would be interested in your associations to lions--what you think of them as animals, their personalities, etc.

You write that you were a little afraid he would turn on you if you didn't ride him. This says something interesting about your relationship to your animal self. Can you recall if this felt more like a need to control the lion by riding on it, or a desire on the lion's part to be ridden?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Master
I think riding the lion is in a way trying to control something about yourself that you don't like.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Knower

I like psychoslice's idea.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Knower

"I would be interested in your associations to lions--what you think of them as animals, their personalities, etc"

Royalty,power, free spirit.

"You write that you were a little afraid he would turn on you if you didn't ride him. This says something interesting about your relationship to your animal self. Can you recall if this felt more like a need to control the lion by riding on it, or a desire on the lion's part to be ridden?"

To say I was little afraid is an understatement,however at the same time I am usually aware I am dreaming, so that allays any fear. There were many other people walking around apparently oblivious to the lion's presence.Wherever I walked the lion would follow and watch me.If I stopped walking, he would stop walking and just watch me. When I would start to walk again, he would walk after me.

"Can you recall if this felt more like a need to control the lion by riding on it, or a desire on the lion's part to be ridden?"

I'm not sure. I know I felt in danger of being eaten.I reasoned if I was on it's back riding ,it couldn't eat me.

Are you fmiliar with the twinsoul and soul connections concept, being the mirror of yourself,energy exchanges etc.?
Old 07-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Knower

Not familiar with twinsoul and soul connections, no.

It seems to me like the lion represents a part of yourself that is potentially very powerful and noble, but you have an uneasy relationship with it. The idea of getting eaten might symbolize being taken over by this part of you, fully becoming the lion. The lion might represent some very good qualities within you, but perhaps they need to be "tamed" before they can serve you well.

-Mike
Old 07-06-2013, 03:07 AM
Administrator
Hello

On some levels the lion is the King of Beasts so the top predator and protector all rolled into one creature.

The restless fighter in the face of challenges. Represents vitality and courage.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfre
Here's a very strange dream and it's an old one. I've already interpreted it but I'd be interested to see how others interpretations differ. I dreamt it after a conversation with a soul connection ..possibly my twin soul.

Last night I had a very strange dream, although I don't remember much of it.
The part I remember ..I was in the city of "T........e" and I met an enormous male lion on "The Strand" .It started following me. The lion had a bridle and saddle so I decided to ride it.It took me wherever I wanted to go. I was a little afraid if I didn't ride the lion, it may turn on me at some stage. Eventually the lion tired of being my means of transport and reared up so far it fell backwards on top of me. Neither of us were hurt. I don't remember what happened after that...except I couldn't see the lion any more but I could still sense his presence .
Old 07-06-2013, 04:13 AM
Master
Old 07-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Knower

Ok thanks Mike.

Hello Lynn ,thanks for the extra associations.

Pyschoslice, I don't understand the meaning behind the image you posted .Could you explain it?

I will wait for a while to see if there are any other interpretations and then I will post my own.

For little extra background information. My Twin soul lives in this city.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfre
Ok thanks Mike.

Hello Lynn ,thanks for the extra associations.

Pyschoslice, I don't understand the meaning behind the image you posted .Could you explain it?

I will wait for a while to see if there are any other interpretations and then I will post my own.

For little extra background information. My Twin soul lives in this city.
The picture is Shiva I think, but what its all about is taming our senses that try to drive our lives, setting on the loin is representing a tamed nature, tamed senses, not the senses controlling our life, which could be anything, such as sex, food, well anything material.