Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Since this thread has turned to Ramakrishna... When I read his biography I was high for days afterward. What an amazing being.

Xan
Hello xan, the most amazing thing about Ramkrishna is that he was the simplest being. He was not scholar, but he taught many of scholars like Keshav Chandra. He knew everything but in his own nature, he was the little child of divine mother.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, want...

This is where I am coming from:
I have been the Sugar - I have experienced the Bliss that is ''God'' a dozen times to the point of being Brahma in timeless eternal ecstasy from head to toe.
I have known my body to be an enormous floating bunch of atoms in the Universe, but with all the Universe inside of it...being the Universe.
Yes, I know I am part of the Godhead and being God, at the same time have experienced what God experiences and feels - I experienced the Paradox of
incredible, burning Agony, the flip side being Ecstasy and wow.
And much more.

Funny, how these moments don't last...for me.
I don't question that.
I accept it. Yogananda and others were not in Bliss, Ecstatic Union 24/7, nor St Francis or St. Teresa...
They weren't ---it was given and then taken away; these Moments of Divine Insight and Wisdom....I've had many like the Mystics we read about.
(Note: I don't know about all of the great yogis and masters and their daily experiences.)

BUT...what does last (for me) is worship and tasting the love.
Feeling the Divine Presence ----instead of being the Divine One in glimpses.

Feeling and being bathed in the love of my Father - or Creator or the Holy Spirit - whatever It is called by people... The Sacred Spirit of the Divine.

I worship This.

If one day I evolve to the point of total and complete Awareness of Reality - that I am the Lord 24/7---so be it.

I am evolving upward like a spiral - and where I am at right now is tasting and sunbathing - not being the Sugar or the Sun.

And it is working for me right now. When I pop into having another experience that I am God Himself, by His Grace - fine - right now I am having fun co-creating and manifesting things just by my connection to the Divine.

That may not resonate with anyone reading this...insisting they are God or wanting to be the 'Sugar'.

But luckily - I don't mind. I'm with Ramakrishna on this.

A thought provoking post to be sure, Miss Hepburn, but I don't think it is possible to be separated from the oneness. Sure, we have the freedom of imagination and to worship what we love to worship, and we can split everything up into countless factions for our enjoyment and play, but I don't think we are ever separate from the Everything and all.
Old 13-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
A thought provoking post to be sure, Miss Hepburn, but I don't think it is possible to be separated from the oneness. Sure, we have the freedom of imagination and to worship what we love to worship, and we can split everything up into countless factions for our enjoyment and play, but I don't think we are ever separate from the Everything and all.
I'm sorry, did it sound as if I was saying we could ever be separate from the Everything and all?
It's all a Dance, right? A Lila.

Ramamkrishna sees the Creator as the Divine Mother - some see Him as Vishnu- some worship, some don't - some see "Him" as a "Father", some as a man called Jesus - some as a 'Friend' like Hafiz - some as their Higher True Self--- I see no problem with any way we look at a facet of the Diamond in the Sky metaphor that is "God".

My choice is to worship and open to the Grace and love.

In a few months I may be posting something
differently regarding my relationship to the Divine.

It is a choice, for me/us, how we approach the Divine -
I see all ways are good!
(Well, maybe seeing the Divine as wrathful is weird - but on
an individual's Path - even that has it's place.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Master
Funny, how these moments don't last...for me.

Okay... consider this.

In this moment you are God experiencing itself as You just as you are, however well camouflaged our forms may be.

You are in love with the bliss nature of the divine, but there is also the silent pure awareness of all that is.

Some people discover or cling to one of these more than the other, but both are True.

Who else could you be, considering there's only one Source?

Xan

Old 13-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Master
Mayflow: I don't only want to taste the Sugar, I want to be it.

Some say the whole creation came about because Sugar wanted to taste itself in many different expressions... eh?

In fact, the massive denial that we are all sugar in essence, no matter how it may appear, is the illustrious "illusion".

Xan

Old 13-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Shabby

Sugar is matter.....I would also rather taste sugar than be subject to decay.
Old 14-12-2011, 04:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
speaking of ramakrishna, has anyone read `the great swan` by lex Hixon, its a beautiful book about rama krishna one of the most beautiful books on spirituality i ve ever read., well worth a read.

Hi peteyzen,

I have not read the Hixon book, but usually people have positive things to say about it.

Another one that comes to mind if people want a good introduction is Christopher Isherwood's, "Ramakrishna and His Disciples".

~ J
Old 14-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
~J,

I can't believe you just put the entire Gospel link for us!!!!

Thank You!!!
I mean, I have it and sev other books - not to make you jealous, but I have the
thickest book by Swami Chetanananda
on his life I got for maybe $2 at Goodwill!!!

Hi Miss Hepburn,

No jealousy, not because I've conquered that, but because until now, I've never heard of Swami Chetanananda (wiki'd him - going to look at his stuff).

But I have heard of God providing the right book at the right time - and at the right price! (haha, the jnanis call that, "opportunity favoring the prepared mind", or some such nonsense!)

Me too re: the 'Gospel' and Swami V's. The Gospel blew me away when I was younger - could not put it down once I picked it up. I think it should be required reading for seekers...well, at least for this one it was.

~ J

Old 14-12-2011, 04:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Sugar is matter.....I would also rather taste sugar than be subject to decay.
I was just going to say something similar but you said it first lol.
Old 14-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Master
Sugar is matter...

Ahhh but divine sweetness is not, nor subject to decay.

Xan