Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Determined
Clearly not, baptism is not essential for salvation.

OT saints were saved by faith, without baptism.
Many were saved in the NT without baptism.
The thief on the cross was saved without baptism.

Trust Jesus for Salvation, people are saved by faith in Christ without the water works.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." Acts 16:31 KJV

As is so, a belief that is widespread. But allow me to present to you this small case; we see Philip preaching to the prominent eunuch who is taken by the word and says he believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. It did not end there, he ordered the Chariot to be stopped so that he could be baptized.

Baptism for what? We look at the particular scripture the eunuch was reading, and we look further into this and see there is a first Adam and a second Adam. The eunuch is so to say, cut of from the Adamic line which he came into through physical birth and grafted into the Christic line through a spiritual birth.

Adam, with an immortal form finds himself later with a temporary form. Jesus with a temporary form, breaches death and attains the immortal form. We wish to disassociate from the temporary and connect to the eternal.

If you do not believe in these words, then at least believe in the actions and practices of the Apostles. If there should be a way, let it come from the Holy Bible.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I was 'high' many times in my life...Cosmic Consciousness, transcendent altered states (no drugs)---
But, I received the Holy Spirit,
realizing later I was slain in the Spirit...when
I went to an altar call in a Charismatic Church and
was Baptized in the Holy Spirit...not realizing I had received Gifts!

We see cases in the Bible of people being baptized by the Holy Spirit before they were baptized. Paul and team Cornelius are cases. And Jesus Christ tells John the Baptist that it is fitting to fulfil all righteousness, or in other words it is right to fulfil the scriptures. Jesus Christ himself is a fulfillment of the scriptures, and we know that a servant isn't greater than they're Master.

It is very possible to have been baptized by the Holy Spirit, but it is also possible that one having been baptized with the Holy Spirit has made a detour away from the road they were supposed to take, and not know that the Anointing had left a long time ago.
Old 29-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
To my understanding, nobody gets 'called' to be a Christian. Some people are just easily fooled and I used to be one of them.

that is how it is supposed to work and why Jesus spoke in parables so that those who could hear him spiritually would recognise their nature. if you bring up being fooled, that is a secondary question related to the first but separate
some people do get tangled up and its totally understandable what you said, its just there is a calling
Old 29-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
So you say that the "moment zero of creation" is happening at this very moment, all this process being governed by cause and effect?

if that's what Sky means I think she's right on this completely, but there is a personality involved. Christianity declares God has a personality. What that is like is totally open to debate, but it does declare it and isn't compatible with the headless 'force' type deity popular in the new age which seems to deny personality to the divine
Old 30-09-2019, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
So you say that the "moment zero of creation" is happening at this very moment, all this process being governed by cause and effect?

Yes, that's how I see it.
Old 30-09-2019, 04:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
if that's what Sky means I think she's right on this completely, but there is a personality involved. Christianity declares God has a personality. What that is like is totally open to debate, but it does declare it and isn't compatible with the headless 'force' type deity popular in the new age which seems to deny personality to the divine

Are we not the ' personality ' of the divine.....

Individuality in oneness...
Old 30-09-2019, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
that is how it is supposed to work and why Jesus spoke in parables so that those who could hear him spiritually would recognise their nature. if you bring up being fooled, that is a secondary question related to the first but separate
some people do get tangled up and its totally understandable what you said, its just there is a calling

Parables are used by many Enlightened Masters for various reasons, they are easier to remember, Parables sound better than telling it like it is, you can get away with making statements that could get you into trouble. A storyteller who made the stories more interesting always gets the most followers. I don't think there's any hidden meaning like recognizing your nature....
Old 30-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Parables are used by many Enlightened Masters for various reasons, they are easier to remember, Parables sound better than telling it like it is, you can get away with making statements that could get you into trouble. A storyteller who made the stories more interesting always gets the most followers. I don't think there's any hidden meaning like recognizing your nature....

the gospel of thomas says explicitly recognising your divine nature is the same thing as salvation through the interpreting of his parables. isn't this quite similar to what you are saying, while at the same time disagreeing with?

Regarding 'personality' and the sum of parts, either God has the personality of a bowl of porridge, or is sentient and personality endowed like all other beings. the new age tries to hide this unappealing view in all sorts of mumbo jumbo but that's what they are saying, God is a bowl of porridge
Old 30-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
the gospel of thomas says explicitly recognising your divine nature is the same thing as salvation through the interpreting of his parables. isn't this quite similar to what you are saying, while at the same time disagreeing with?

Regarding 'personality' and the sum of parts, either God has the personality of a bowl of porridge, or is sentient and personality endowed like all other beings. the new age tries to hide this unappealing view in all sorts of mumbo jumbo but that's what they are saying, God is a bowl of porridge

I do love a Bowl of Porridge
Old 30-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes, that's how I see it.

So going further.. an act of unconditional love brings us closer to that "primordial state" of complete oneness and an act of evil, mantains the illusion of separation creating more and more suffering, it's like denying the very nature of things.

You know, I've seen that when we do acts of unconditional love, even the smallest thing like opening the door to someone, there's a inner state of joy that transcends everything, it's like our beings are lifted to a higher reality, one of complete unity.I felt this joy many times and it was incredible, this is why one of my life goals is to help as many people as I can... sadly I am not able to achieve this as this moment.

So going even further.. the law of cause and effect decides everything, it's not that the Maker is hiding from us, it's us who are hiding from the Maker.It's all a matter of choice, do you chose love or do you chose separation?

The problem is that we may chose love but this does not stop others from hurting us... The evil of man knows no limits, our history is full of blood shed...

For the very reason I look at Christ, He showed a love that rarely you see in the real world, He prayed, while being on the cross, for the very same people who put Him there... There was a time when I felt that I should return evil with evil, but now I am changing myself, it's incredible but is very difficult because you look at the world and you see people doing things that are very bad.. even your own family acts just like the world... and you ask yourself, how, how can I see beyond the evil of man?