Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Administrator
Crow - Valued to Me

Hello

I have always had a strong connection to the Crow. It is an Animal Familiar to me that has always been with me.

Yet the experience at home with a family of them has been rather different. They bonded to my husband, and he would put food out for them from time to time, and they take it. I put it out NO WAY.

Well this year after 3 years with the same family Mom / Dad I am permitted to feed them. To the extent that one will sit on my mail box within inches of me and watch me lay out the food on a bin and fill the water for them.

Trust is a huge thing. I have earned that I guess. Only took 3 years. LOL

Lynn
Old 04-08-2020, 08:36 PM
Administrator
I can totally understand that the crow has always been with me they follow me around,my sister in law buried her mother in a village about 8 miles from here there is a few big trees there,
the crows are very protective when they have eggs and they will dive bomb anyone who walks past.
i could walk past they did nothing my sister in law was dive bombed.
once they trust you they can be tame

Namaste
Old 04-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator
Oh how nice to see this thread. Lynn.

I have a special bond with a Crow too.
It was some time in 2016 when I noticed a Crow following me, from tree to tree as I walked on the lane.
I stopped and said hello, and the Crow started to talk to me (by using a series of beak clicks)
So in answer, I clicked my tongue and nodded my head in the exact same way.

It began to visit me in my garden and we had the same chats. Sometimes there would be a gentle "brrr" before a little caw, or before a beak-click.

Winter came and I started to offer a tiny treat in the morning. At first I tried cat food. It came to check it out, peck at it, but didn't seem to like it much.
So I bought Hovis sliced, and cut half a piece, and spread it with chicken or beef paste. The Crow loved that!

It visited me all winter and the next Spring.

I called the Crow "Koori" (which means "black fellow" in an Australian native language.)

But when he/she turned up with a fledgling in 2017 I guessed it wasn't a fellow but a female. Still I called her Koori though.
She had no fledgling the following year but a new one in 2019 (a noisy skriker I called "Georgie". The noisiest Crow in the world! He's gone off now though.)

She still visits, and comes just for a chat at times. She has got used to there being no food offered except in the morning, so those visits are just for friendship it seems.

I have been grateful for that Crow's friendship.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:18 PM
Elfin

Hi Lynn..... Trust can be a big issue !!!.... Bit to see that trust is just wonderful...
Old 09-08-2020, 11:29 PM
Administrator
Hello

It was too cute this AM the Crow was by, but this time was looking in the window for hubby not me. Did not stay for food more looking in.

When I was in England the Crow's would follow me everywhere. My Avatar is a picture I took in England. I swear this Crow could hear the dead could. He/She went from grave to grave listening.

It is very hard to take a picture close up of a Crow as even if your camera is in silent mode they can "hear" the shutter go down. They can hear the leans zoom in and out.

Grows too are like Racoons they will wash their food before they eat it at times. So I make sure I put water out too when I feed them.

Lynn