Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 07-04-2020, 09:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus Rose
Hello all!

I've been attempting to add affirmation and manifestation into my life and trying to be more positive about what I want to come my way. However, everyone deals with those pesky days where it's really hard to stay positive, especially if you're battling depression. With depression, you can't just make yourself happy. If anything, you put on a mask and pretend like you are happy. I don't feel like pretending to be happy will manifest anything, especially if I'm not truly feeling it for that day. How in the world am i suppose to affirm and manifest when depression can hit me for multiple days or weeks even? What are some of the things you do to manifest things while battling depression? I would love some insight on someone who has experienced this issue or has maybe even overcame it.

Thank you in advance!

Just my 2 pence worth. I get you. I do. What do I do to fight depression? There isn't one way. When I am with others I am better. When my focus is not on myself. I try to be kind to others in the very smallest of ways. I always leave a sentence with a positive.

It is strange. When I am in work I long for time when I am home, but when I am in work, even though I have less sleep, I tend to be happier. Connection to others has been very important. I teach others happiness.

When I am home I feel that I do not experience bad depression. I have been by myself for 2 weeks now. I am going back to work soon, on Thursday. We sleep has been aweful. I suffer from fibro so I know Wednesday night I will probuably have about 3 hrs sleep. Which will cause me to feel hell the next day. I will pray and ask for stregnth. I usually get it.

All I can say its in the small things. Connect with people in small ways. My thoughts are with you. If you ever need anyone to chat to, private message me and I will try and help. That goes for everyone.

isolation always makes every problem magnify. Talk to someone, smile with someone. Be kind to yourself.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 08-04-2020, 12:20 AM
Guide
Quote:
Hello all!

I've been attempting to add affirmation and manifestation into my life and trying to be more positive about what I want to come my way. However, everyone deals with those pesky days where it's really hard to stay positive, especially if you're battling depression. With depression, you can't just make yourself happy. If anything, you put on a mask and pretend like you are happy. I don't feel like pretending to be happy will manifest anything, especially if I'm not truly feeling it for that day. How in the world am i suppose to affirm and manifest when depression can hit me for multiple days or weeks even? What are some of the things you do to manifest things while battling depression? I would love some insight on someone who has experienced this issue or has maybe even overcame it.

Thank you in advance!

I was sat watching the tv and your post kept coming into my mind, which compelled me to back to the computer. Here is my message.

Have you ever thought that you were right? Because I think you are right. What you are experiencing is a dissonance. But this is actually right to feel this dissonance. Listen to it.

Don't be afraid to think the unthinkable.

What if everyone is wrong? What if every piece of writing that is promoted is incorrect? I Don't mean here. Because people are free to discuss things and all have a different opinion.

What if all those website that promote all this "spiritual teaching" have it all wrong?" For example: http://anewlife.org/

Just thought I would use that one as an example. It could be any million of others just as easily.

If it is true that we are emmersed in world of illusionary thinking, or simply incorrect thinking then it would stand to reason that the produce of this wrongful thinking would create a dissonance. If this is true then a person of truth would feel it in their minds and hearts and ultimatly become depressed. An angel standing within a marsh might look beneath her feet and think, "well this is yucky". Maybe because it is.

Right now I am going through a transformation. I am beginning to believe that all the good vib spiritual knowledge groups have it all wrong. That is how I feel right now, but what if this is true. What if isn't. Can any of be so sure?

I think that even the most secure of us should place all of our ideas on the table of life, now and again, and dissasemble the ideas.

Just one of the ideas that we always nod our heads too is a simple one. We are all equal. But when I look at that statement I do not find it in my experience. I find some people to be extra-ordinary and other people to be rather bland. I am lucky I guess because I find that I am always drawn and perhaps ultimate draw extra-ordinary people to me. But back to my point, even a basic idea, when we take it out and take a look at it proves to be obviously untrue. Or is it?

I would say that I am going through a spiritual crisis, but maybe I should be going through a spiritual crisis. Maybe right now I should be. I should be re-looking at everything. I am sick of going along to get along. Maybe a lot of people are experiencing this too. Maybe I am not the only one. Hands up who are also experiencing this.

Just some thoughts anyway, and where better to think about these things but here?

As ever, I am appreciative of everyones different perspectives. If anyone has any ideas that they want to share. Maybe something good that will help and if you don't want to share openly, thats cool, if not, then private message me. I don't bite. Or if you just want to pass me over, thats also cool.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 15-04-2020, 11:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Good post.

Be entirely concerned with the process and not the result. Think about result for a moment, so that you know your target. Then forget about result and exist within the process. When the process is correct the result is assured.

So focus on process and do not be attached to coinciquence. This is not to say to be uncaring. Not being attached to coinciquence does not mean being uncaring.

The sure way to suffering is result based thinking.

The focus on process brings peace and happiness.

Saint Jerome.

Old 16-04-2020, 01:21 AM
Master

I have noticed that the things which I have desired most have manifested when I happen to be depressed.

I was thinking about this the other day and I realised that the depression arises when I am grieving the perceived loss of the experience that I desired.

What has occurred before this depression has been the conscious surrendering of that desire.
Old 16-04-2020, 08:51 AM
ant

The trick is to not to get stuck in one 'reality'.

We can perceive as we 'think' and ground ourselves in one reality,

IF we choose one.

Fact is,we have the ability to switch and ground ourselves elsewhere.
Old 16-04-2020, 11:26 AM
Lorelyen

If you're affirming from a depressed state I think it's inevitable there'll be good and bad days. Don't particularly fight the bad days...find whatever you can to distract yourself until that spark happens when you think, "Oh right, I should be affirming...(whatever)" then try to pick up again. The good moments may be just that: "moments" so take advantage of them. Getting a result will take longer as you won't spend as much time drilling a desired manifestation into your subconscious but it's important not to let go. Allow for that.
And don't be put off by a more complex affirmation sometimes taking a long time to get a result.
Old 16-04-2020, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello all!

Thank you in advance!
I overcame it very easily. I realised I want all to be well. And simply focused on the thought "all is well" consistently enough, and often enough, that the focus becomes singular. The energies of that thought expands, and other thoughts that are like unto it simply are drawn to it. And more and more, the experience is that "all is well." And all physical manifestational conditional evidence simply happen in full alignment with this central focus on my central thought of "all is well" that I keep focusing upon, more and more consistently. And this will never happen unless you focus on it, consistently, steadily. Instead of focusing on trying to change conditions. and giving all of your power to conditions, instead of learning how to be a deliberate conscious co-creator of your true self, coming into alignment with your own soul, by focusing on thought that is conducive of the alignment, such as "all is well."

You cannot manifest physical conditions, because physical conditions do not exist. And if you insist that they do, you cause discord between your energy and that of your own source/soul, or greater non-physical consciousness. And the resultant feeling that indicates the discord between your thought and that of your greater non-physical consciousness, and its greater knowing, as it holds steady to all of your ever expanding desires, feels like negative emotion. Because your soul will never join you in those thoughts of "I have to have a physical condition in order to be happy." And that is why you feel negative emotion, when you focus on thoughts that deviates from your own greater knowing of your own ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness. And as a result, also more conditions will show themselves that match that state of resistant/discordant energy motional thought patterns, that match the way you feel emotionally.

And as you continue to focus on a thought like "all is well" you come back into harmony and alignment with your source and soul, and all of your desires simply naturally and effortlessly manifest, 5 billion times per second, without even having to do or try anything. It is simply your natural state of being, of joy and well-being, freedom empowerment.
And then as your life is awesome again, you will become conditionally oriented again, forgetting that you create all of those conditions, through your soul and alignment with your own soul, that every emotion also indicates your alignment/misalignment with your own soul. And then as you make conditions more important, you become depressed, which forces you to focus again on what truely matters. To come into alignment with the source of all of your conditions. Not trying to change conditions, but allowing them to be a perfect match to all of your ever expanding desires, through thoughts which are conducive of the alignment such as "all is well."
Old 11-05-2020, 08:11 PM
Pathfinder
I would say with depression that it is often for a reason, that it stems from somewhere either in you or things about your life. It depends for most people, sometimes just the impending air of futility to some things about the way of life is enough to do it. The Spiritual process eventually leads to what is called a personal death. Dark night of the soul is one area of going through the stages in our lives. If you find yourself in depression, you must wade the waters and find the root of the source and ask, why. Within why, we begin to see insight, provided it is that we take the time to listen to the self. There is a lot to manifestation, words and thoughts do have power, especially when we become more awake and are aware of our own energy and ascension.

With depression there are reasons, and often to avoid bitterness, seclusion, and everything else it can lead to, we must look to bridge and heal what is damaged, or come to terms with our past. We may not be able to change what is done already, yet one can still transform the current moment into the future. Alchemy works with material and spiritual matters. Sometimes, mixing and changing situations either within or outside of yourself is considered magic in itself. I would say if you wish to climb out of depression, you need to stop being and living for others, and take time to address yourself, not in a way of forget everyone else for now, but if you spread yourself to far, eventually your going to break. It is imbalanced to be all for others, some aspect of selfishness is needed in order to preserve the self, and preserving ourselves and taking care of that, is on the way to climbing out. You can't always manifest without stepping forward and creating the change by your own hands and work. Begin to let go of doubt, we are stronger than we think.

If you ask me, self defeating logic and mentality will manifest a harder life for you, I think of it like, I lead where the rabbit hole goes, however, I must take the steps that I speak. Words alone, are hollow.
Old 23-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Like others have said, it would be wise to first understand the cause of your depression. It's not an easy journey, but if depression often gets in the way of your manifesting abilities, then it's worth it to reduce it as much as possible.

Another approach to try is to manifest not feeling depressed, or manifest feeling happy, or manifest some small achievable thing that can shave off your depression even a little bit. It doesn't have to be a big thing. I think when you are battling with depression, wanting to achieve big things and then failing will make you more depressed.