Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 02-06-2023, 05:20 PM
Experiencer
Red face Reiki is not for everyone

Reiki can be dangerous for certain people i was born an hsp in those days these words like empath, hsp did not exist normal people think you were unhinged this would lead to believe other individuals wanting to learn reiki could be become susceptible to attack from negative feeding entities

mentioning no names or family just the whole family was disrupted
by unknown happening ill just mention she was a she having accidentally bumped into me and told me her story i realised she had a negative entity after completing her 1st level in reiki from what i remember of my training up to level two.

id wake up in the night feeling like something was watching me also feeling drained after practising on one another at the classes this ladies life was turned upside down by these goings on in here house including her kids were having experiences i said did you do any protection ritual before had she did not answer me because im hsp my newly replenished energy after a chakra clearing suddenly plummeted,
her negative vib had an effect on me so i edged away slowly, it was that i did not want to,help but the damage had already been done who knows what she attracted negative entity or even demon maybe demon as they can create a lot of disruption who know what affect it had on there minds all i know is that masters have given this form of healing up, because they were attacked.

i personally have only given reiki to animals on the odd human who was amazed at what i diagnosed her past physical treatment's were probably that's why i steered away from it, i must admit spiritual healing is the best but you have to have an empty shell and be cleansed for this too happen so guys be safe or you may regret it

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 05-06-2023 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Made spaces for easier reading that 'block' of words.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
i must admit spiritual healing is the best but you have to have an empty shell and be cleansed for this too happen so guys be safe or you may regret it

That sound ominous, Did something happen to you? Or did someone tell you to take care.
I wonder, because even though I have had a rocky road when it comes to my relationship with healing energies I have yet to find fault with the Reiki energy as such. In other words Reiki translated as spiritual energy is just that.

Connecting to the spiritual / spirituality if you like is as natural as breathing.
Reiki at some point aimed to be nothing more then that. Only after It became wide spread as a system for hands on healing did people add on a lot of stuff which although somewhat spiritual aren't for everybody.

Or so Reiki research seems to find.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:15 AM
Master
Also well meaning practitioners that 'heal' others without asking are in reality energetically attacking them (yes, I speak from experience having been attacked that way). Most think Reiki energy can be wasted but never does any harm. This is NOT correct. Energy needs to be in form compatible with the (energetic) body to be helpful and not harmful.

Further, some want to be or need to be in a 'non healthy' (or energetically unbalanced) state for a purpose (like learning a lesson). Fixing that is not doing them a service.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:24 AM
Knower
I'm confused now. I realize that Reiki has been added onto, diluted changed etc according to the prevailing belief system of the time. In it's origin however it was and is a spiritual system of self discovery, healing and meditation. In my view there is no difference between Spiritual energy or experience and Reiki energy or experience. Reiki or japanese in general I believe is a context dependent language, which means the Kanji used for Reiki can be interpreted in different ways according to the context in which it is used. I choose to believe that it was meant as spiritual energy of spiritual chi as opposed to other forms of chi prevalent in Chinese medicine.

I won't go inot that as it is another discussion. However when you wish somebody well. Pray for them or send them a little light or Reiki. It's just that. No Reiki practitioner heals another. We allow healing to take place.

If done correctly in my view there is no desire for the other to heal, only to allow life to commence peacefully and harmoniously.

If you were energetically attacked that was not Reiki even though the attacker may have used that word.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsquotl
If you were energetically attacked that was not Reiki even though the attacker may have used that word.
Oh. Good to bring that up. :)
Quote:
Briam: "Reiki can be dangerous for certain people i was born an hsp in those days these words like empath, hsp did not exist normal people..."
What on earth is hsp?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-06-2023, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
In my view there is no difference between Spiritual energy or experience and Reiki energy or experience. [...] I choose to believe that it was meant as spiritual energy of spiritual chi as opposed to other forms of chi prevalent in Chinese medicine.
ALL of the 'healing' sessions I have witnessed (all in USA) were the sending of chi energy to the person to be healed with the intention that chi is good for the body and ought to heal whatever miladies exist. This is also confirmed by several Reiki masters including my father.

Quote:
I won't go inot that as it is another discussion. However when you wish somebody well. Pray for them or send them a little light or Reiki. It's just that. No Reiki practitioner heals another. We allow healing to take place.

If done correctly in my view there is no desire for the other to heal, only to allow life to commence peacefully and harmoniously.

I don't know what else to call "send them a little light or Reiki" without permission.

If I send you some unwanted water (towards your body) because it's good for your body's health, what would you call it?
Old 06-06-2023, 04:27 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I don't know what else to call "send them a little light or Reiki" without permission.

Actually the part after what you quoted was more significant. No Reiki healer heals another. This means i.m.o. that the Reiki practitioner is not sending anything. he/she is merely providing time and space for healing to take place. Anyone with a chinese medicine background will dispute the fact that Chi is inherently good for the body. Chi is just a name for force or vitality. It can be thick and sticky and make you ill, as well as nourishing and warm and soothing. Chi like everything else in life can be unbalanced and cause illness. As well as move, dissipate, heal. Chis is usually accompanied by other words that say something about the quality of Chi.
Quote:

Parental Qi: Our parental or yuan qi is the qi that is inherited from our parents at conception.
Pectoral Qi: Pectoral or zong qi is qi that is produced by breathing.
Nutritional Qi: Nutritional or ying qi is derived from eating foods
Defensive Qi: Defensive or wei qi is responsible for protecting the body from illnesses. It is the yang of nutritional qi, meaning that it is also derived from eating foods, but serves a different purpose

Where is the line drawn? Prayer? That's asking for some entity to help Is that a psychic attack?
Telling someone "I hope you are ok?" AFter they fall. Is that all right?

Or even seeing someone hurt and telling a 3d person " I hope he/she is okay" would that count as a psychic attack?
In the language used we could call the examples above as sending well wishes, or sending hope, expressing our hope.
In the same way I feel Reiki can and should be used.

Back in the day when my discernment wasn't all that good yet I took offense by people praying for me as I felt God messed up and I didn't need anyone to ask his help on my behalf. I later realized that the simple act of someone telling me they prayed for me meant I was worth a little more than I gave myself credit for. Whether or not God exists and actively intervenes. The person praying for me is sending out some of his or her energy on my behalf. That alone is healing. ( no god or entity needed)

Everything we can misconstrue about the workings of thoughts, energy and healing we will at some point. Continued study, clear use of language and an effort to understand each other may come a long way.

So instead of me ranting on about the perceived differences between Prayer or Reiki or Chi-heaing I wonder. What happened to that made you conclude you were psychically attacked with Reiki? And also, I do really hope you're alright after that..
Old 07-06-2023, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
So instead of me ranting on about the perceived differences between Prayer or Reiki or Chi-heaing I wonder. What happened to that made you conclude you were psychically attacked with Reiki? And also, I do really hope you're alright after that..
I was NOT psychically attacked. I was energetically attacked, more dumped on to be accurate.

A well meaning but naive Reiki practicioner standing near by evaluated that I was not fully healthy and could use some healing. Without permission or even warning, they sent me 'Reiki energy' which was mostly chi. Note that low level Reiki healers don't do much more than send the energy at you. What use you make of the energy is up to you and your body. I have fairly robust protection which simultaneously alerted me and countered the foreign energy. I yelled at them to stop. They protested that they were trying to help. I let them know that this was unwelcome and would have made any problems worse.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi, I'm new here. I write very simply because my english is still bad. So please don't be surprised.
I have gained a lot of experience in my life on the subject of Reiki or other forms such as prana, various types of yoga, etc.

There are different religions, therefore there are different gods and therefore there are different spiritual healing methods.

As a result, most people also believe in a god who is now being worshiped in their country.

According to the Internet, there are over 10,000 different religions, from small groups to the very large, widespread ones.

Now people should ask themselves, are there really 10,000 different gods or just 5 big gods?
Everyone worships someone else's god and nobody wonders why?

Even then, common sense would have to say something is wrong here.
Can there be different gods?

Every religion lives according to different regulations, has different rituals, even makes sacrifices, etc.

What are people supposed to think of that?

Now what is correct? Which god is the right one? Which god should man worship?
Which healing method is the right one? Which healer can I trust?

It's funny and if you think about it for a while, you realize that something is wrong.

My opinion is the following:

Every religion, every sect leads to addiction.
There can be no different gods. There is no god at all and there are no archangels or anything like that.

Whoever worships a god does not accept any personal responsibility.
When I worship someone, I am unable to solve things myself. That means I have low self-esteem.
When I worship someone, I open my own door and let an alien energy come right up to me.
This energy doesn't have to be negative. But she will control and manipulate them over time. It depends on what status they have in this game.

If I practice Reiki, Prana or any other kind and have not learned them freely, then I am also in a strange dependency.

I've attended such courses myself in the past and quickly noticed something. Each direction has only accepted its own practices. Other opinions or suggestions for improvement were not accepted. Even after the exercises, great Reiki or Prana teachers were honored and worshiped in a way. In the end, the courses and cleanings only cost me a lot of money. I also had to close all doors to myself again, since I had opened them for healers. Therein lies the great danger.
Millions of people are addicted to different religions and their gods. All are no longer free.

If you go to a healer and ask him to heal you, here's what happens. They open their door and the healer gets free access. If the healer is manipulated, occupied or externally controlled, then the being that controls the healer gets access to them.
After a treatment you can feel positive and also become healthier. This is exactly what creates trust in the healer. This is exactly how they get occupations, complete takeovers and external controls.

No healer can really heal them. A healer can only give you hints how to heal yourself. If a healer lays hands on them, they've already lost.

Man can only heal himself!

For this he needs no god, no religion, no talisman or even esoteric bells and whistles.

True self-healing costs no money and requires no religion or gods.
Only when people live a free spirituality can they heal themselves in the long term.

Unfortunately, hardly anyone knows what free spirituality is.
Old 07-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I was NOT psychically attacked. I was energetically attacked, more dumped on to be accurate.

A well meaning but naive Reiki practicioner standing near by evaluated that I was not fully healthy and could use some healing.
Thank you for explaining. Seems to me you've met someone you understood to be naive but well meaning and set yourself a strong boundary. And made sure he or she understood hoe and what you felt.
Semantics aside. I think you handled that admirably.

The issue about asking for consent or not is one that is frequently debated within the Reiki community. At least in circles I am part of. Funnily enough many a practitioner who let themselves be guided by "intuition" say they don't see any harm in letting Reiki flow without checking consent. Also wouldn't "send" energy without asking..

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 07-06-2023 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences