Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 18-02-2014, 06:33 PM
anonymous_1

Vision quest?

What is a vision quest, if i may ask ?
Old 18-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Guide
I go this from Wikipedia:

A vision quest is a rite of passage in some Native American cultures. The ceremony of the Vision Quest is one of the most universal and ancient means to find spiritual guidance and purpose.

Hope it helps
Old 24-02-2014, 05:45 PM
anonymous_1

Why is it called a vision quest?
Old 28-02-2014, 05:49 AM
MooseAtoZ

To my understanding, when on a vision quest, one takes a spiritual journey to find guidance and/or purpose, as mentioned above. It can be a grueling and daunting journey--or quest--to find the vision that will determine the course of one's life. Hence, 'vision quest'.
Please understand, I'm no expert, neither am I a shaman. But I do hope this insight is helpful anyway.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:59 AM
jerrygg38

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_1
What is a vision quest, if i may ask ?

My answer is part of my unified understanding of the spiritual world. It is different than the ordinary point of view. I see the vision quest as an effort to reach beyond the physical body and into the spiritual dimension. The spiritual dimension is a higher light speed dimension.
The religious prophets went on their own vision quest. Moses climbed a mountain looking for the spirit of God. Indian tribal leaders smoked various plants to bring their body and mind upward toward the spiritual world.
Some people throughout history went into caves, the desert, and deprived themselves of food and water on their quest for spiritual enlightenment. Some people just inherited a gift that enable them to readily reach the spiritual world. Often they were schizophrenic or bipolar people whose body chemistry enabled them to reach into the God-center portion of their inner mind and then outward into the spiritual world.
What they found was their own souls. Unfortunately they came to believe that they reached the God of the Universe. However they only reached themselves. Their souls exist within the lower mind of God but this level of God is a long way from the Godhead.