Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 30-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Experiencer
Is it correct to have pet animals especially birds??

Hi frnds,

Is it to correct to have birds and other animals as pets.............
aren't we taking their right to live life in their own way in their nature.
Though we love them and they us back......i had pets and they were like a family.
we take care of them,play with .... enjoy with them....
BUT......is there something wrong??

I feel like adopting a parrot or love birds but then i feel...am i doing right??

what do u guys think??

Thanks & Regards,
Whitelotus
Old 30-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Sybilline

Personally I think it’s okay to get birds as pets, and by that I mean I won’t freak out and preach if my neighbor has one, but personally I don’t want one myself. I find them so boring. At least in cages. Most of them don’t even like getting touched. They don’t even show a quarter of the affection that dogs do.

I suppose it’s not cool to keep them in cages. But I still don’t find myself making too much of a big deal out of it. Maybe someday, it will socially unacceptable and will be considered animal cruelty. Right and wrong really just depends on each person, and then collectively, as society.

Dogs on the other hand, have been bred to become human partners, for more than a thousand years. Unlike cats, dogs are more likely to die when left astray. They aren’t as good as hunting, especially if they were once owned (ie, not born on the streets, as most dogs in countries with weak animal welfare laws are). Plus they really are sociable beings so I think that’s okay.
Old 30-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Guide
Look after them,give them respect-food water-love.
Yes,this is ok.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 30-07-2012, 09:02 AM
amy green

To me, the sight of a bird in a cage always makes me sad and ashamed of the human race. It is a creature designed to spend most of its time in flight! Aviaries are a little more humane.

I guess the key question is are they able to adapt back into the wild/natural environment...if not, they will be attacked by other wild birds.

Old 31-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Sybilline

Hi Amy,

Just sharing, when I was a little girl I thought chickens were flightless birds. So when I told my mom about it she laughed, and she told me they can’t fly as high as most birds but they can fly well above roofs of tall single-story houses. I was so surprised when she told me that. She said the reason I don’t see chickens fly, is because I always see them locked up in cages.

Soon after that I became more observant, and we moved to this small house where we had a neighbor who had a few chickens, just roaming free (a.k.a free-range chickens, but we call them “native chickens”), and sometimes I do see them on the rooftops though I never caught them in flight.

I am just sharing because of what the food industry does to chickens, it is sad to think that they can fly, but they don’t know how to, because they are always locked up.

One day I might build a proper aviary, a huuuge one, and attempt to breed endangered birds.

Who knows…
Old 01-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Experiencer
thanks everyone.......
I am certainly not gonna keep him in cage...................I once had a parrot who came to our home as he was .... chased by eagles...we saved him...and he lived with us...cage was his little home...but its door was open...so he used to roam around home...... and watcj TV(His favourite passtime) and loved us a lot....

but as he left..............i miss him a lot and feel like adopting birds....
i will definitely ... not put them in cages..... forcefully ...it will be just their own place and ...they can roam around and do wherever they want............
Old 01-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Master
I said this in another thread gis week. I told my kids they could have a caged bird after they stayed in their rooms for a whole month continuously.

I think that is fair If you want to deprive something its freedom you should do it to yourself first.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Master
Caged birds live longer and happier in most cases.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Sybilline

Longer I would agree. Happier... I wouldn't know.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Longer I would agree. Happier... I wouldn't know.
You haven't met my little bird, the thing is with us, is that we think how it would be like in a cage, when a bird wouldn't have such thoughts, its just happy to be feed and watered and of course loved, that's a lot more than most humans get in life.