Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-04-2021, 05:33 AM
Master
So far, the Tucson shows are only a fraction of what they were last year. In many cases, prices are soaring!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-04-2021, 09:36 PM
Master
Most of the shows have ended.

It is amazing how prices went up as the shows progressed a long.

One major dealer who deals in Selenite, did not get his shipments in time for the shows. Selenite is pricey, that is if you can find it.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-04-2021, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Most of the shows have ended.

It is amazing how prices went up as the shows progressed a long.

One major dealer who deals in Selenite, did not get his shipments in time for the shows. Selenite is pricey, that is if you can find it.
Pricey??? And difficult to find???
Selenite is one of the most common crystals and not expensive.
Hearts of approx 6 cms diameter are around E5, a 10 cm diameter bowl E10 etc.
Granted, there are rare types that are more expensive like Naica selenite, but normal selenite is very affordable.

The crystal shop I usually go to can't travel to the US now, but they purchase via other means and keep getting new shipments in.
Today they posted about arrival of the most gorgeous crystals from both Madagascar and Brazil.
A photo of a deep golden citrine had my mouth water.
I may go over this weekend on Sunday :)
I think they're doing quite well even though they missed their largest purchase at Tucson.

Prices that could go up is of jewelry as they get much from the UK and since the Brexit that now means customs.
Apart from that, the only thing I've seen that's gone up quite a bit are the crystal angels. But then I'm comparing with what I paid in 2016, and I don't know if that went up gradually or quite fast in a short time span.
Old 24-04-2021, 04:19 AM
Master
Interesting?

Rose Quartz Hearts went from 18 dollars a kilo to 25 dollars a kilo.
Selenite Hearts were 1/2 dollar. Now...... they can not be found.

10 cm diameter bowls were 2 dollars, now they are 5 dollars.

Being the Tucson shows make up, collectively, the largest Crystal, mineral, gem, etc. shows in the World....... they are a sight to see. I have been going for over 25 years and still have not been to all of the shows.

At the shows, Moldavite was much in demand followed by Selenite. The dealers selling Moldavite were generally sold out within a day or two.

Old 24-04-2021, 10:08 AM
Guide

Isn't there also a higher demand in crystals? It seems more and more people are interested in them and I can imagine the demand for Moldavite going through the roof. Especially as it's rare.

I'm pretty sure the Covid-19 situation adds to this greatly. A seller told me that shipping got harder in the sense that there are bigger delays.
Old 24-04-2021, 05:09 PM
Master
You are spot on.

One big dealer said when they were 'shut down', they sold to individuals on the internet. They claimed they were doing 30,000 packages per month. This also eliminates the brick and mortar middleman. I wonder how they were able to develop such a huge customer base and how they were able to get together a shipping department to handle all of that.

I also noticed a lot of people buying product to sell on-line. I never noticed that before.

Old 22-07-2021, 02:26 AM
Master
In Colorado, the Fairplay Gew Show begins tomorrow (7/22/21) and runs for 4 days. Should be interesting to see how this venue turns out.

Old 22-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In Colorado, the Fairplay Gew Show begins tomorrow (7/22/21) and runs for 4 days. Should be interesting to see how this venue turns out.
Are you going to visit? It's been ages since I've been to a gem show. Really feel like going again but there aren't many big ones in the Netherlands.
Old 22-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylmar
Are you going to visit? It's been ages since I've been to a gem show. Really feel like going again but there aren't many big ones in the Netherlands.

You’re right, we have a mineral show in The Hague (Rijswijk) twice a year but you probably know that. It’s tiny compared to those in the US but nevertheless interesting. I have found some wonderful crystals there, crystals I won’t easily find in shops, like Swiss and Italian clear and smoky quartz, deep purple Brandbergs from a vintage collection, interesting types of amethyst and Lemurians that differ from those in the average crystal shop. Prices are also (much) better.
Old 23-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Master
I've been to the Int. Min. Fair in Rijswijk once, right before I discovered Lichtpuntje. I think either 2009 or 2010.
I'd heard much about it. But I was disappointed that half of the hall was doll houses and only half crystals.
I didn't see anything much I really liked either, and everything was so dark, including the stands. You couldn't really see the crystals colours very well and for me the visual is part of intuiting a crystal. The lighting was badly done.

Then there was one stand that was lit up like you wouldn't believe, beautifully done, and it stood out like a sore thumb with its crystals: high quality ones!
That's where I bought some nice things, and then suddenly my eye caught 2 medium sized crystal skulls. First I was attracted to a very light amethyst one, but then got hit by the other one: a very light smoky quartz crystal skull.
Very affordable, and I even got a good discount?!
I had to buy it, no matter what.
He's now my dearest crystal skull, ever since that moment, and turned out to be a Leandro! I guess they didn't know or they'd have asked much more for it.
My only regret is not getting the light amethyst one, but I couldn't afford both. Just the cost of petrol, entrance fee, the one skull and a few other small thingies, was an arm and a leg for me.

Not sure if I'll ever go there again even though your post is very inspiring.
But in a way I'm reluctant to pay an entrance fee to where I intend to spend money. Feels counter-intuitive.
Now E8 is very doable but still.