Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 21-02-2020, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
There are numerous people who do not believe in duality but claim to be religious. Duality is a man-made concept that many have 'bought' into but does not mean it really exist.
Religion is also a man-made concept...
Old 21-02-2020, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Religion is also a man-made concept...
What does that have to do with getting along with each other?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-02-2020, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
What violent conflict are Christians having with Muslims today in your country? Or are they getting along.
Same goes for all the other permutations.
I just do not 'see' what you 'see'.
People think there can be peace between the religions even though there never has been in the past, and there is none today, but because people think there can be, they don't look at the actual reasons there never has been. We just like idea that the religions will all get along, but because noone is prepared to forgo their religion, they will fight tooth and nail to keep it. Because all things are impermanent, hence impossible to keep, the time to fight tooth and nail will inevitably come.
Old 21-02-2020, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
People think there can be peace between the religions even though there never has been in the past, and there is none today, but because people think there can be, they don't look at the actual reasons there never has been. We just like idea that the religions will all get along, but because noone is prepared to forgo their religion, they will fight tooth and nail to keep it. Because all things are impermanent, hence impossible to keep, the time to fight tooth and nail will inevitably come.

I have 'faith' in mankind.

It starts with 'me' and then another person 'steps up to the plate'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Master
[quote=BigJohn]There are numerous people who do not believe in duality but claim to be religious
Quote:
Duality is a man-made concept that many have 'bought' into but does not mean it really exist.
As far as I know duality could be the fundamental state of existence, or maybe it's non-dual. The spiritual trend is non-duality, but I think people just say words and pretend they have the answer.
Old 21-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Master
[quote=Gem]
Quote:
There are numerous people who do not believe in duality but claim to be religious
As far as I know duality could be the fundamental state of existence, or maybe it's non-dual. The spiritual trend is non-duality, but I think people just say words and pretend they have the answer.
Once more, what does this have to do with "Is Interfaith viable"?

Old 21-02-2020, 09:54 AM
Master
Quote:
What does that have to do with getting along with each other?
You said ' Duality ' is a man made concept....
So is Religion....
Old 21-02-2020, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You said ' Duality ' is a man made concept....
So is Religion....
Once more, what does this have to do with "Is Interfaith Viable"?

Old 21-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Once more, what does this have to do with "Is Interfaith Viable"?
It has to do with whatever you choose.
Old 21-02-2020, 07:26 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think religious sects are strong identification systems, so people will be violent if the religious structure is threatened including killing an dying to preserve it as a form of vicarious self-preservation, and since all things pass, including religious structures, violence is an inevitable characteristic of religiosity..
Perhaps the difference here is between what is theoretically possible and what at present is practically possible. I suppose any species that rises to the top of the food chain must divide itself up into packs, prides, or tribes, and learn to kill each other, lest their populations rise to a level to eat nature out from under their own feet. Most top predator species either hunt and kill each other, or if a social species, then they go to war with one another. Our roots are firmly planted in our animal nature, yet our minds reach up for something higher. I don't know which side will win this tug of war, or how many rounds are played in a match, or even if ultimately it matters to me. The animal side does what it does because that is it's nature, yet the reach higher side must resist its nature to rise above it. It may seem that the reach higher side has a disadvantage, yet the need to evolve and become/realize more than what we are is also a strong motivator. But I suppose if the reaching up side does not believe victory is possible, then it is probably game over before it even starts.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 01-09-2021 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences