Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 13-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
In a way though, however big or great anyone of us conceives God to be, if you put the God together that we ALL conceive to be IT will be greater.....
You got that right!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Who is everyones God?

Surely that would be the SUM of all Gods put together. The Sum of human spiritual and religious belief, experience and practice.

That God would be VAST!

More than anyone of us could comprehend.
Why?

There is beauty in diversity. Trying to homogenize god is never fulfilling because our experience of the divine will always be manifold. The plurality of spiritual and religious experience is what gives it it's beauty and appeal. I think we can never truly know what 'god' is, we can only guess. But there's no question that whatever it is, is either a plural, or so vast and unknowable that we cannot conceive of it as a monad.

I think many people emphasize the monad of divinity because they dislike the more chaotic nature of the henad (oops, too much Neoplatonsim for someone- meeee!). But neither can exist without the other, the unity ties it in together, while diversity makes it beautiful and capable.

Or something. I've clearly had way too much garlic bread to be posting tonight.
Old 14-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Maiya

But it is possible to stop all the guessing and simply accept your own personal view of God. The peace that follows can be wonderful.
Old 14-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Master
My own personal view of God has undergone some major upheavals and left me in a lot of pain.

But I do see what you are saying.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Maiya

I hear you. Been there many times.

Many of my discoveries ended with, “Oh well back to the drawing board.”

But the quest goes on…and on…and on.

Best wishes.
Old 14-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Neville

Scrub that, Iv'e not got my reading glasses on. I accidentally read the thread title as Everyone's Cod.

Don't mind me , I'm at a funny age .
Old 14-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Master
I just realised, from what Neville said, that the thread title can be interpreted two ways.

One is: Everyone IS God.
Two is: The God of Everyone.

I actually meant it in the term of number two. Is that how you saw it?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Maiya

God is everyone and everything.

I’m afraid some people may take offence but we are God; we are creating and recreating this reality.