Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 14-04-2020, 06:18 AM
Master

I met an indian guru

It's quite a long story but let me put it in few words, I found myself at this beautiful river, I've have never seen such a beautiful river.. the color of the water was of a such blue that I've never seen.. So I was not alone, I was there with somebody else, I think it was a girl. From nowhere, we noticed this indian guru, his face was painted with stripes of white and he had a tiny ball on the middle of his forehead ( I am not sure of this, maybe it was just a colored dot on his forehead ). He was sitting in the lotus position, meditating. He was an ascetic guru, he looked so fragile, his hair was grayish.

He asked me: how many gods do you have? I answered by saying: I don't have gods, I only pray to the Supreme Being, the Creator of all, the ALL!; then he looked at me with a very curious face.

In that river there were 3 gods, 3 beasts, 3 powerful beings, I think he was praying to these 3 gods, so I said to him: We have to give them 3 coins; probably I said this because they required a payment to leave us alone.

Now, I don't know what happened, but we all 3 died, the guru, me and that little girl, now I was seeing our bodies on a big carpet, there were many indian people around us, I think they were mourning our passing away. Now, I could feel that the guru was waiting for his gods to bring him back to life, but nothing happened, then I "prayed", it was more like a knowing that it will be done to me, to the Supreme Being, God, to bring all of us to life, in an instant, I could see my own body to light up from inside, it was this pure white light growing more and more powerful, then we all 3 came back to life and the guru was speachless.. and this is how my vision ended.
Old 14-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Elfin

Hi.. very interesting. For me this would emphasise the fact that even though our "earth" body will die, the beautiful white light of our soul will always live on. But as always , incredible vision...
Old 14-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Master

polytheism explained

Hi ,

We Indians believe in polytheism . But that does not mean that there is no knowledge or awareness of Supreme beings . Like people of many other faith (who do not know their own faith properly ) there may be Hindus who really may not be knowing their religion and their behaviour may mislead others about Hindu believes. So it may be quite in order to explain the structured perspective of Hinduism in Polytheism.

Hindus believe in Supreme being and there is only one in the ultimate analysis. There is no doubt or dispute on this . We use multiple God references mainly psychologically which may be clear from following perspectives .

1. It is very difficult for human mind to concentrate on abstract matter and when there is human form with historical background , it can easily concentrate. This make spirituality practical and feasible for all those who do not have much free time, energy ,aptitude and ability to understand the nitty gritty of spirituality .

2. The people may come from different backgrounds and aptitude and they may like different form of deity for worshipping . That is perfectly ok as long as he/she does not disrespect worshippers of other deity and is honest and sincere in his/her worship.

3. These Gods are kind of Light houses / pole star whose lifespan/function can guide seeker in life . But there is clear understanding that these are 'Avatar' (literally meaning coming down of God from His higher absolute self) , incarnation or demigod meaning a status relatively lower then absolute supreme being. We also worship elements of nature like sun , wind ,water etc also God precisely in this light.

4. We have the functional definition of God also in our scriptures to say wherever and whenever one see light / aura / glory , one can easily deduce that to come directly from God directly . That's how we can appreciate/respect worshippers of other forms of God in Hinduism as well as outside Hinduism .

5. This polytheism is relative to situation of life . e.g. for toddler we tell that your first God is mother then father . This is not to tell and teach that biological parents really have the power of almighty . This is to institute a feeling of respect / gratitude in child which is very much required for his/her holistic development in life . These are the small ways we learn spirituality which can help in case we don't get chance to learn spirituality in structured way.

So polytheism is just a way of thinking to learn / live life holistically in harmonious and balanced manner. It is not at all antithetical to pantheism.
Old 14-04-2020, 05:38 PM
Master
This is the second time someone mentions an indian background,a river and a girl.I can't remember the name of the member and the thread,but just for the record,while in trance,i found my self at a foreign place,next to a river.There was an indian young girl welcoming my presence,saying the warmest HI i've heard.
This happened some years before.
Old 14-04-2020, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
This is the second time someone mentions an indian background,a river and a girl.I can't remember the name of the member and the thread,but just for the record,while in trance,i found my self at a foreign place,next to a river.There was an indian young girl welcoming my presence,saying the warmest HI i've heard.
This happened some years before.

What does it mean? This was a strange vision.
Old 15-04-2020, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
What does it mean? This was a strange vision.
I don't know.Seems like some visionary landscapes are not just the fantasy of the individual.