Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-05-2022, 02:18 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
The one not finding one is the self. The only self.
Ultimately speaking, yes. An analogy often used is the eye cannot see itself directly, but the very fact it does see confirms its existence. It doesn't need to see itself to know it exists. By the same experience and reasoning Advaita posits Consciousness is self-evident and Self-revealing. Kinda like Descarte's "I think, therefore I am".
Old 03-05-2022, 02:43 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexagon222
Interesting about the shift in perspective. Could you elaborate a little on sense of doership?*
The best way I can explain that type of shift in perspective is by analogy to a lucid dream. In a mundane dream one is the dream character and it's all very real, as real as waking reality. When one becomes lucid the dream is realized for what it is. It's liberation from the dream's narrative. It's a pretty radical shift in perspective. From that perspective doership isn't really a thing either. It's absolutely clear the dream body isn't real and the dreamer is doing nothing as a dream body.

Funny thing about lucid dreams and I wonder if anyone else can relate. My best reality check is hands and fingers. There's that fraction of a second before lucidity when I'll be looking at a weirdly deformed hand and it's usually the fingers. Too long, short, fat, thin, no thumbs, no nails, etc...
Old 03-05-2022, 03:05 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexagon222
Could you elaborate a little on sense of doership?*
Effortless meditation techniques like Do Nothing are good for working with doership. You're not attending anything and only let go of doership when it arises/is noticed.

https://deconstructingyourself.com/d...editation.html

"Even though the meditation is called Do Nothing, you’re actually doing a little tiny bit of something: you’re paying attention to the feeling of doing something.

You’re simply noticing when you feel that you’re doing something and letting go of that."
Old 03-05-2022, 03:43 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The best way I can explain that type of shift in perspective is by analogy to a lucid dream.
Funny thing about lucid dreams and I wonder if anyone else can relate. My best reality check is hands and fingers. .
Yes I totally get that shift in perspective. I've used a similar lucid dream analogy to describe my own experience before. *It's been a long time since I've had an actual lucid dream. I'm trying to remember how I know when I'm dreaming. Sometimes spontaneous, sometimes things don't appear right and I can tell, not sure about the hands. Sometimes when I realize I'm dreaming the dream ends abruptly and there is blackness and then I'm stuck in sleep paralysis, fully conscious and unable to wake up, not the greatest feeling. Other times I try to explore and fly, talk to people see what they say.*
Old 03-05-2022, 03:48 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Effortless meditation techniques like Do Nothing are good for working with doership. You're not attending anything and only let go of doership when it arises/is noticed.
https://deconstructingyourself.com/d...editation.html
Really good article, thanks!
Old 03-05-2022, 04:29 PM
The Admin has requested we quote other posts only up to 3 sentences...you can always ref to the Post #.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-05-2022, 05:23 PM
Knower

Hi Miss Hepburn, you're moderator now! Sorry, I got sloppy.
Old 21-05-2022, 09:27 AM
Experiencer
We live in a reality governed by duality. Part of it is ego. It is the anchor that keeps us tied to the 3rd/4th density level of consciousness.
Old 21-05-2022, 01:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Vel..
We live in a reality governed by duality. Part of it is ego. It is the anchor that keeps us tied to the 3rd/4th density level of consciousness.
True. Part of how and why it works. Not only is ego an anchor, objects themselves act as anchors that tie us to this dimension. It isn't duality but proprieties of and between objects and brain see each other and confirm reality. The need of ego. Maybe duality is not reality but something that we are tied to to. Anchors job, confirm reality.
Old 21-05-2022, 02:51 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Vel..

Good quote Vel and so true.