Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 28-01-2021, 10:16 PM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
Another View...

We are creatures of habit. The word "Christ" is only a title though. Christos, "Anointed One". My belief is that the great one who, on behalf of the creator, sends prophets, messengers to humanity are always given such names. This is unfortunate as the people do not comprehend. The divisions in the world then become wider. And who is this "great one"? I further believe that the paradise of lore is, in reality, a very real series of Earth heavens. They are a necessary part of our planet, just like the mountains and the seas. It is home to souls who come for a brief rest. At the head is a controlling hierarchy whose duties include providing guidance for humanity. Chief among these is one Great soul who has personal responsibility, under God, for teaching humanity. The divisions in religious thought that we endure give us the opportunity to expand out minds towards the happy day when we will finally rise above such things. Yes. Jesus was a man. Abraham was a man. Mohammad was a man. Gautama was a man. Moses, Noah, Adam were just men. And what of others such as Joseph Smith? And throughout history there have been more. Which of these is the Christ? Perhaps all of them, each to a certain time, dressed in different forms. This, I believe, is the very crucial idea which seems to be missing in human thought. In the Tears of Allah the times of one of these are recounted. Each of the messengers from God that the world has ever known also lived in a "story" of his times. And Jesus? Another man with a story of blessings from God, to share. I submit that when Christ returns openly to the Earth he will not be recognized. To reappear as a proponent of one religion only would do nothing but further widen the divide which already exists. Is this good? No. It is quite possible that Christ will reappear in a non religious form. This, will be our next testing.

James
Old 29-01-2021, 09:04 AM
Master
Thanks for the share Bartholomew.This is very interesting.
Old 29-01-2021, 10:31 PM
Ascender

Hello Bartholomew.

I find your opening post a moving expression of your belief in a divine order.
Thank you for sharing it in a beautiful and gentle manner.

and the conclusion your reach in your last few sentences regarding the thought --that for an inspiration to become most readily acceptable universally it must be able to cross as many existing divisions as possible--is sound logic and common sense Imo.

To that end, perhaps we do not need one super hero, but a whole multitude motivated by the realisation of the sort of behaviour now necessary and at the same time brave enough to challenge the behaviour which has manifestly failed.

Doing so is going to ruffle ( already is ruffling) feathers and challenge a variety of status quo.

Speaking personally, the sense of the divine in such realisation lies in the mystery of the loving care which underpins the characteristic of what is now necessary.

petex
Old 30-01-2021, 12:12 AM
Guide
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA and I have a second home in the city of Kherson, Ukraine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello Bartholomew.

I find your opening post a moving expression of your belief in a divine order.
Thank you for sharing it in a beautiful and gentle manner.

and the conclusion your reach in your last few sentences regarding the thought --that for an inspiration to become most readily acceptable universally it must be able to cross as many existing divisions as possible--is sound logic and common sense Imo.

To that end, perhaps we do not need one super hero, but a whole multitude motivated by the realisation of the sort of behaviour now necessary and at the same time brave enough to challenge the behaviour which has manifestly failed.

Doing so is going to ruffle ( already is ruffling) feathers and challenge a variety of status quo.

Speaking personally, the sense of the divine in such realisation lies in the mystery of the loving care which underpins the characteristic of what is now necessary.

petex

The Earth is one of many worlds in our galaxy which are especially created by God as training grounds for human souls. Creation, though, is not something that happened only once. It continues. It is cyclic. New souls are being born all the time. These come to the Earth and begin. But others reach the goal and leave for new challenges too. At any time most souls on Earth are junior in spiritual status. Only a few seniors stay to help. This is the reason that throughout the thousands of years religions remain relevant. They are needed. This is also the reason we don't seem to be able to free ourselves of constant strife. There are other worlds where souls sometimes incarnate when they need a rest from the chaos that is so familiar here.

We humans tend to personalize ideas in a way which usually results in the superheros that you cite. Just as we tend to see God as a man but more so. It's what we do. Our rational minds work best in this area when colored by a little emotion. We are thus drawn to comfort where rewards aplenty are promised us.

A Divine order. Yes indeed. There is a very large planetary hierarchy of souls who maintain the Earth so that it remains suitable for biological life, habitable for us. It is because of their work that this planet is so unlike the others in our system. Here is the source of the loving care that you cite. Within this very large assemblage are found smaller groups working, assigned to specific tasks. Many of these will incarnate again if the need is great enough. This is precisely what happened, what is recounted, in the story of the advent, the work and the passing of the Master soul Jesus. But there were others before him too. Is there a conflict here? Can it not be said that God sent Jesus. Yes. God did. God is the power that energizes the planetary hierarchy after all. Now it remains only to know more about God. What is the nature of God?

In the above paragraph we find Jesus coming to the Earth with a specific task. He prepared. In the desert he struggled with his human nature and finally overcame it's pull. He returned from the wilds now as Jesus the representative on Earth of Christ. Jesus, the Christ. Who is Christ? He is the great soul, under god who heads up the spiritual hierarchy of our planet. This is the reason Jesus was able to correctly refer to the Father or my Father. It is why he was called the son of God. But we are sons and daughters of God. This is why Jesus always called us "brothers".

In the Earth now we are experimenting with a new kind of oneness the cornerstone of which is "standardized thought". This will pass when it has peaked to be replaced by a new age of inquiry, greater than any that came before. But in any time there are contrary airs to manage.

It is the spiritual hierarchy of the planet which generates, nourishes and then finally sets aside the astral and mental plane forms which influence the masses of men. These are designed for the purpose of provoking thought and ultimately wisdom born of experience. But this also ruffles a few feathers as we are seeing right now.

Here is another way to describe it. Many times an angel will visit a man and implant an idea which is then acted upon. Sometimes this results in insights which are recorded then remembered for a long time as being words of wisdom by us all. In this instance a great mass of humanity is being provoked for the same purposes. It is an opportunity, it will eventually result in, mass rather than individual and immediate not delayed acquisition of some new wisdom. The entire planet is now being raised up in preparation to enter the new age. There are many side roads in this attempt. There will be pains along the way as those less capable react in hurtful ways. We may be sure though that the minds in control have wisdom sufficient to the task.

Thanks for the comment.
Old 30-01-2021, 05:26 AM
Ascender

Hello Bartholomew.

I wonder how shall we determine the validity of our beliefs in our inquiries.--either now or in the future "new age of inquiry" you mention?

petex
Old 30-01-2021, 05:37 AM
Guide
Quote:
Hello Bartholomew.

I wonder how shall we determine the validity of our beliefs in our inquiries.--either now or in the future "new age of inquiry" you mention?

petex

We do this, not by waiting for a reply, but by going to where the answers are. This is what we are being trained to do.
Old 30-01-2021, 03:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
We do this, not by waiting for a reply, but by going to where the answers are. This is what we are being trained to do.

bartholomew - I always read your input and understand it completely, just as I understand your devotion to higher things.
But I don't agree in the slightest that we are being trained to do anything - nor do I believe that we are here to learn. We've been kicking this ball for centuries now- it really is time for a change.
13 billion years have passed and we are not an iota wiser and still know nothing.
'Why could that be?' would be a reasonable question.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 30-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Ascender

Hello Bartholomew.

Re " we are being trained to do" by some divine order.

Rather than using a sub section of of a belief in a divine order to validate belief in that divine order as a whole, perhaps the following takes us tothe same place regarding "learning" ?

This is connected with choices, consequences, learning from past and present mistakes.

When we walk away from the way of loving
So do the disharmonious consequences of that behaviour become apparent and begin to dictate the nature, circumstances and remaining choices.
Until eventually we run out of choices--unless we learn from our mistakes and make our way back to the way of loving.

We may like to think of this as finding our way back to the garden, or just plain common sense. Imo.

petex
Old 30-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Hello Bartholomew.

petex

As always we build on what came before. Each of us has access to the storehouse of the souls. In those new times the sources will be even greater than they were in the 18th century or greater than today. How does this happen? The higher, intuitive, abstract mind brings information to the lower, rational mind where it is processed and given external form. And, once again as has been noted, a breeze will ruffle some feathers.
Old 30-01-2021, 08:50 PM
Guide
Quote:
Hello Bartholomew.

Re " we are being trained to do" by some divine order.

Rather than using a sub section of of a belief in a divine order to validate belief in that divine order as a whole, perhaps the following takes us tothe same place regarding "learning" ?

This is connected with choices, consequences, learning from past and present mistakes.

When we walk away from the way of loving
So do the disharmonious consequences of that behaviour become apparent and begin to dictate the nature, circumstances and remaining choices.
Until eventually we run out of choices--unless we learn from our mistakes and make our way back to the way of loving.

We may like to think of this as finding our way back to the garden, or just plain common sense. Imo.

petex

Being aware of any spiritual considerations is not a requirement. As you say we are quite capable of finding our way to what ever goals we set in an ordinary way. One approach is no more or less valid than the other. Indeed being involved with spiritual matters often detracts. This is the reason esoteric knowledge is traditionally hidden. This is supported by the fact that the limit of most people in areas of spirituality is involvement with the practices of a religion. No more is really necessary. You make valid points. Our actions in life are much more important than our beliefs.