Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Master
Fish Making a great idea better

As a reader and one who has gotten readings I am happy that attention is being drawn to keeping this space pure for readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I wouldn't hang out there either waiting for a reading unless you made a prior arrangement to meet somebody there at a specific time. If someone wants to offer a reading, they can offer it to people in the other rooms, forum, etc. and then they can go to the reading room.

I think this is a great idea but in practice just to meet the people who can read and want to read or be read is hard to do in the other rooms where conversation tends to be more light hearted or cynical. Hanging out in the reading room says "I'm here and available for this". I wouldn't discourage that.

Quote:
With the Reading Room it would be nice if Members that are doing a Reading in PM Mode would state that so that other Members know that is why they are in the Reading Room.

and

Quote:
...just now I went to PM Mode for a Reading but was in the Room
It is simple to state your in "Private" and that will give others the respects needed.

Great idea! Why not put a sticky up about this on the room so newcomers know? "Private reading in progress please do not disturb" or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
not so long ago there were readings going on in the Reading Room all the time and readers and readees often allowed for quiet polite observers. i used to enjoy watching readings take place b/c it was interesting and sometimes edifying. i wonder why that changed.

I think this also has value and if content gets too personal, switch to PM mode. I love promoting options/choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Point taken. It's also very distracting when people start reading in the general and spiritual chatrooms.
I'm thinking it can be distracting when people chat about general things during a reading in the reading room. In that case, I just turn off the sound and focus on the PM chat during a private reading. I think some things can't be policed too much and if you do it turns people off using this service at all. Having said that, when a core group know the norms of the chat room, they will automatically step in and respectfully let the interruptive person know why we don't do this or that.
Old 27-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
As a reader and one who has gotten readings I am happy that attention is being drawn to keeping this space pure for readings.

I think this is a great idea but in practice just to meet the people who can read and want to read or be read is hard to do in the other rooms where conversation tends to be more light hearted or cynical. Hanging out in the reading room says "I'm here and available for this". I wouldn't discourage that.

and

Great idea! Why not put a sticky up about this on the room so newcomers know? "Private reading in progress please do not disturb" or something like that.

I think this also has value and if content gets too personal, switch to PM mode. I love promoting options/choices.

I'm thinking it can be distracting when people chat about general things during a reading in the reading room. In that case, I just turn off the sound and focus on the PM chat during a private reading. I think some things can't be policed too much and if you do it turns people off using this service at all. Having said that, when a core group know the norms of the chat room, they will automatically step in and respectfully let the interruptive person know why we don't do this or that.

I'm also pointing out that reading in the other rooms is disruptive to people who want to chat. This means not only should people not reading not be in the reading room, but people reading should not do so in the other chat rooms (unless in whisper, where it makes no difference).