Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2021, 03:41 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Considerations 108 …

The Greatest War …
- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
one might perceive that I am constantly trashing the mind. That is NOT the case. My main point is … this is how powerful a tool the mind is … and additionally … it takes on a “life” of its own … mainly for survival of its own beliefs.
- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

I see it as, you are sharpening the Mind tool.
Which I appreciate and am Grateful.
I receive many things from your writings even if I do not respond.
Old 29-11-2021, 03:50 PM
Master

Thank you ImthatIm …

May your path continue to grow more clear and bright.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 06-12-2021, 02:18 PM
Master

Considerations 109 …

Nothing is automatic …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

One of the great lessons to learn can at first be considered very elementary … but turns out to be quite illuminating in its more broad understanding. It takes very little observation to learn that everyone has a different opinion about most everything. It’s still easy to believe … that everyone else thinks and believes along the same broad lines within rather narrow variations … that we each individually do. We often personally feel that all others are more-or-less “like us.” Though we might tend to accept that this is just slight difference among individuals because of personal quirks … this more often than not turns out NOT to be the case.

Truth be known … in the beginning … nothing is automatic. I mean this in a literal sense. Everything is learned … and every learned viewpoint has a starting position and is built upon forever. All levels of all facets … all depths of all topics … all perceptions and understandings of life around us … all learned … one step at a time … to either a greater or lesser degree.

Is it any wonder that the path takes so long?

About the only thing that could be “automatic” in the Lower Psychic Worlds is decay … or death … as the progression from birth / manifestation … to maintenance or continuation … to death / decay … is the way of life in these worlds. The only way to stay out of decay is to constantly and continuously re-design … or revise … or build / develop forward … which is why I often bring that approach up. To always “build forward” is to take great steps in staying ahead of the game … and is the true methodology to viable expansion of consciousness.

If one “does nothing” … decay will follow … eventually. Nothing stays the same … for long.

Since everything is learned … one of the facets that Soul all shares … is potential. All … have potential. All … do learn … eventually … at their own pace and interest.

As stated above … everything comes from some previous state … and is developed. This gives rise to the old adages of “As above so below” or “As the inner goes the outer.” We learn from the inside out … via the senses of the physical body … sight and hearing being the predominant facets. Every finer detail of every facet is learned from the bottom up … so to speak … from “darkness into light.” Simple observation does not mean that we learn anything from just observing something. We learn … when we gain.

Mind will constantly gather data and analyze / compare / judge / define towards what we each believe to be the “better” outcome.

Perception … is a facet of consciousness. So is intuition … so is clarity … so is depth of … so is recognition or realization. In the beginning … how many lifetimes do we spend in being manipulated and conditioned by opinion and authority.

Slowly we realize … that negativity closes or narrows the consciousness while positive words enlarges. We begin to choose. It is not a quick process until one desires and develops the passion to intentionally re-design … through revision. Building on this premise … we additionally learn that a wandering mind dissipates consciousness while narrowness of focus builds or enlarges.

Additionally … we discover that when and if we choose to drift … with little intentional design to our lives … the path in front of us disappears into an endless sea. We learn not to care … we just ride with the current … and this turns out to be a necessary stage in development. One can spend hundreds of lifetimes just letting life happen around us … but Soul was not created to play such a vague or incapable role in LIFE. This takes a while to learn. If we sit in silence and wait … very little will happen considering growth or development … save for the practice and training the mind to slow down a little.

LIFE is continual succession of opportunities. We take advantage of them … or we don’t. It is always … our choice. Sadly … most are blind to these opportunities as we constantly perceive through the habitual choices of mental habits and viewpoints. We tend to see things as they seem … via these habits … and not as they *are.*

So very much of our valuable learning is to discover new ways to use old data or information. We have been told the same basics forever … different words to convey the same concept making it appear new or unfamiliar. It is often NOT a matter of discovering new or secret information … it is more a matter of building beyond what we know or accept to be true at the moment. When considering such developments … if our new premise restricts or confines … it could be considered as suspect. If it enlarges or broadens … it just might be beneficial. To test it out in our daily life can offer constant adventure.

The best place to start … is right where you are … now. One can question or ponder … “IF” what I believe about so-and-so came from a higher stance … or principle … what would that higher principle be? It goes back to the blueprint analogy … and individual idea is developed and finally put on paper and then materials are gathered and the item is constructed. Where are you in your own personal beliefs using this approach? Take small possibilities … choose the better for actual probabilities … and test them out … quietly … without fanfare. What is my viewpoint … and what would be the greater cause that gave rise to this viewpoint?

The old adage of “walking into greater consciousness” isn’t that far-fetched. Using the above … or any related approach … one can sense how building into the greater is viable and valuable. Even the act of “pretending” is a viable approach. Pretending … with enough belief … will become real in your world. It is wise to use common sense and not pretend to be a millionaire when that lifestyle is clearly out of reach … but … the step of pretending can be a great preliminary step … depending on where Divine Spirit wishes to lead.

Words … are cheap. Reading words … using words … saying words … are cheap. The human state of consciousness has the uncanny ability to procrastinate. The magic comes in DO-ing … designing the inner acts and actions at first … and letting them build into your outer life on its own time frame. The pace of life is much slower on the physical. New designs can take weeks, months, or years to come about … and in that waiting game comes fabulous lessons of stamina, patience, persistence, focus, discipline, determination … all these … and more.

In the end … these are the true lessons to be learned. Dismissing all outer events that tell you your goal is foolish and will never happen … and holding to your inner design no matter what … will take you far in all areas of life … on all planes of existence.

More next Monday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

A 90-post index is found at thread post number 370 … page 37

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 07-12-2021, 02:55 PM
Master
QUOTE 465 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Words … are cheap. Reading words … using words … saying words … are cheap. The human state of consciousness has the uncanny ability to procrastinate. The magic comes in DO-ing …
The magic seems to come from UN-do-ing.

"Be still and KNOW ...." (Psalms 46:10)
Old 07-12-2021, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
The magic seems to come from UN-do-ing. "Be still and KNOW ...." (Psalms 46:10)
Ah, the classic action in inaction. One of my favorite things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-12-2021, 03:53 PM
Master

DO-ing … as in … revision from the old to the new. Build forward. The “know” part comes after you have done the preliminary work of devising / discerning just what it is you wish to *know* yourself to be.

The “action in inaction” comes from laying back and doing the inner work. One can daydream while awake … but the laying down ( or sitting ) of the physical body and doing the inner work with focused attention is key. A secondary key … make it most pleasant. You are building … yourself.

The actions to problems do not come from the same state of consciousness that created them. The “undoing” … is the undoing of the old habits / viewpoints. We form habits … and then habits form us. If you do not consciously form good habits … you UN-consciously form detrimental ones.

And so … the laying down of the physical body so that you can focus completely … and the revising … forward … towards the beneficial … and doing that over … and over … and over … until the new “habit” replaces the old. Most habits take a bit of time to revise. Changes rarely happen overnight. In this … one learns … discipline / devotion / patience / determination / dedication … to name a few.

In summary … as I have often said … it is much less what you have left to learn … but *much* more in what you have yet to give up.

Live … in the new.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 11-12-2021, 10:03 AM
Happy Birthday, zorkchop

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-12-2021, 02:09 PM
Master

Thank you Mizz H.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:45 PM
ImthatIm

Happy Birthday zorkchop.
I am Grateful you have entered my Path.
Old 13-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Master

Considerations 110 …

Revision …

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

In both recent and previous posts I have alluded to the practice of “revision” and it is clear this is neither a common nor firmly understood practice. Revision is both a routine that you will do … even up to and within true Self-realization … God-Realization … and you will continue into mastership … and begins the incursion beyond mind into the world of Spirit.

Revision reveals the heavily wasted effort in the practice of “stopping the mind” and believing that this mental silence does any more than providing a short respite from the constant mental chatterings we are all are prone to.

As an example … let’s take any of the incredibly common fears that most all of us have … to one degree or another … such as fear of heights / the dark / confined spaces / spiders or insects / failure / public speaking … the list goes on. An individual can be an absolute expert at stopping the mind … but when you “come back” … these issues will still prevail.

Revision … begins correction and control.

One absolute cardinal rule of revision … this is done *only* for your own personal viewpoint and is *not* done to revise the perspective of anyone else. If you do … you will pay … and that’s enough said about that.

But the slow gaining of control and correction of ones personal lifestyle and perspective is the outcome of this entire process … and indeed certainly can become an entire lifestyle in and of itself. It can be quick to do … it can be as detailed as you wish … most revisions can be further revised … the procedure itself is a practice in growth.

I have suggested the wonderful offerings of Neville Goddard before … in another post … web site … https://www.realneville.com/text_archive.htm … and this is a superb site for more than that of revision. You can quickly scan through more of his works for the important parts … and one gains the more they consider what he offers. His writings are great first steps beyond the mental realms … although they are not offered as such. He makes a lot of his points via Biblical scripture but the suggestions he makes hold true beyond the scriptures.

The recipe for revision takes longer to describe than to actually do … once one engages in it a few times. Once again … the most difficult part is finding the time and place where one can be alone and without interruption … and can quiet the mind long enough to become interested in the revision itself which … is somewhat of the secret of the practice. Become interested in the actual act of revision. Become IN-volved in the revision. As suggested before … this is to *your* benefit that you are doing revision at all. It is best to *feel* your revision and not just “picture” it. Not “feel” … as in emotion … but “feel” as in … how it would actually be to be involved in the action. Live it … for the moment of revision. Emotions can be of assistance too … if you have some control over which emotion to feed into the scenario.

Basically … during the waking hours … and yes … even after awakening from a troubling dream … you find yourself reacting in a way you wish you hadn’t in and during the actual experience you simply react in a way you wish you hadn’t. You get angry at a person when you sense you shouldn’t have … you push away an experience that you sense probably could have been to your benefit … you simply make a mistake somewhere … anything where you personally reacted in a way you regret.

Later … find your quiet spot … go inside and relive that experience … right up to the point where you act unfavorably … in your estimation. At that point … revise … make it better … see yourself acting in a more beneficial way to yourself … for yourself … for your understanding and awareness. Revise it … daydream it … make it complete … make it thorough … make it fabulous. You can do this … “come out of it” … and then go back in and do it again … just to make it more real … more “practiced.” On ending the revision … you can devise a statement of your own feeling of gratitude … such as “I give the new me to LIFE. Thank you.” Gather the inner scenario into a real present to yourself and to LIFE … and turn it loose … “give it to God” so to speak … and then exit the revision and continue on with your life.

Admittedly … if you are facing a long-standing habit or practice or viewpoint … revising it once is not going to wholly spin the habit 180 degrees. Again … you will do this over and over and over … you can do this on most anything you wish … or you can focus each revision on a specific troubling area. Slowly … slowly … you gain control.

One thing to remember … and is the backbone of the entire practice … this does “not” mean that you will not encounter the scenarios that trouble you. Not at all. LIFE will not stop bringing these scenarios into your personal experience. What it will eventually do is at least give you a choice. You will slow your immediate reaction long enough to perceive that you DO have an inward choice … remembering “Hey … I use to act that way … now I can act *this* way if I choose to do so.” Eventually … you will simply live the new and more beneficial viewpoint … as the new habit replaces the old … one at a time … one step at a time … baby steps or otherwise.

It took a long, long time for most of our habits to become established. Mind … loves habit … for all the wrong reasons. Habit is the human state of consciousness way of life. You are now re-directing your own lifestyle … your own reaction to what happens to you in your daily life … and in the dream world if that is your choice. Take the dream up to where it all “went wrong” … and revise it … and then turn it loose.

These are the basics … and there are more advanced procedures. The basics can … and will … carry you far. Make it fun. Make it exciting. Make it … you.

The Neville site can give you more examples and depth of technique than what is offered here. The serious student will search on their own.

You can carry this out once a day … five or ten times a day … however it works for you. There is no one specific technique for this. There *is* some benefit in doing this at mostly the same time each day … as mind will eventually learn ( habit ) that during the allotted time it will eventually be more cooperative. You adjust it to what you want and how you go about it … how sincere you are … according to discipline and personal honesty. Start small … start simple … until you prove its worth to your own personal approach. It all adds to the whole of what you are.

More next Monday.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

A 90-post index is found at thread post number 370 … page 37

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Closed Thread