Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 19-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Guide

Very strange for some people to idealize the animal world when many predators are ripping apart their prey to shreds, group animals are trying to reach the top ranks through attacking tribal leaders or small animals growling at each other’s throat

Hatred is a thing of biology made from evolution to allow us to function. Animals have no intellect to be able to perceive kindness for large communities of people they don’t directly meet, much less whole countries or people worldwide.

Not to say that animals can’t be deeply kind to those close to them, or even work in loyalty in a small community such as dogs helping the blind find their way around or cats licking traumatized children to calm them. This is very wonderful considering their biology may allow for senses or skills human beings have, but their empathy is disadvantaged in that they can’t find ways to support a very large community as a group.

They can’t think of solutions for poverty. Can’t think of ways for different cultures to work together. Can’t think of ways to solve global warming, or be able to write something that would reach a lot of people together.

I’d say each species has their pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses. We’re all just different, not higher or lower than the other.
Old 19-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Master
So called "kindness" as well as "hatred" are man made concepts, used to describe behaviours. It's problematic with humans to describe such loaded terms for human behaviour (if you want to be strictly scientific about this) let alone nonhuman animals.

Growling and ripping prey apart got zilch to do with "hatred"..
Old 19-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I don't know if they're capable of hating a certain person or individual, but I think it's possible for them to hate/dislike certain things. For example, my dog absolutely HATED getting wet even though his kind was bred for swimming. But I assume most if not all animals operate merely on instinct instead of human-like emotions.

Yes my dog "hated" water too. Now that was a strong dislike I suppose. And not a true hatred. Probably more based on fear, like a phobia....I don't know. She fell in the river once and was so high on adrenalin because of it. She could swim because she swam to the bank where I hauled her out but she was shaking all over.
Old 20-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Experiencer

Hate doesnt exist in the animal kingdom. Animals act out of fear, protection of territory/young, desire to breed, and hunger. The dont hate they act out of a basic need to survive. When their needs are met they feel content, satisfaction, love, and happiness.
Old 28-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Guide

I sympathize with you people’s perspective on animals, but let’s respectfully agree to disagree. I learn this information from biology books on animals’ emotions, and you people are very strange with how you see survival and hatred as mutually incompatible.

Hatred is a part of survival. It’s part of fear. It’s part of anger. It’s an evolutionary attitude towards members outside its tribe, or to hurt them. Human beings developed hatred for similar respects. I mean this as politely as I can but in my perspective, boy does all the above sound overly idealistic and without anything to back it up.

Human beings evolved from ancestric animals. Where do you think the emotional part of the brain comes from? At least when human beings are inside airplanes, they sit in an organized manner even if they dislike each other, even if they come from different countries. If you put monkeys and apes in an airplane, they will try to rip each other’s throats.

Love will not exist if hatred doesn’t exist. We don’t know light without darkness. We don’t know calm without fear. We don’t know harmony without anger. If an animal can love, then so it will know how to hate, or else we don’t need to distinguish between love and hate in them at all.

At the very least, I know pet dogs who always seem to bark at other people’s legs in anger. If you call this love for their owner to protect them, then you’re acting as if love and hate are mutually incompatible again. Have you ever hated someone because they hurt someone you love? It can exist at the same time.

Then there’s hate for activities. Hate for certain food, textures, and smells. Hate for all kind of things. Why would hate for other animals be a far stretch? Why would human beings be the only ones who would hate?

Does increased intelligence mean you’re automatically evil? Are dolphins and crows filled with more hatred because they’re smarter than cows and pigs? Are ants less filled with hatred because they’re not as intelligent?

Sure, I mean this in the context of how human beings define intelligence. Sure, animals have a lot of intelligences different from ours, so what makes our particular type of intelligence evil?

Why the separation of human beings and animals in the first place. Human beings are animals. There’s no true man made structure and nature structure. Our buildings are the same kind of artificial as nests birds make or hives bees create.

What a funny thing for human beings to see themselves as higher or lower than nature. We arenature, and I don’t get all this practice of hierarchy for different Earthly species.
Old 29-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Master
There's like and dislike, stuff we and animals avoid and stuff we find attractive. Both 'hate' and 'love' are loaded terms..
There's nothing ''ideological'' about accepting it as such..
Old 11-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Ascender
Yes, animals can love and hate.
We see from their interactions with us and with themselves.
They also grieve as well.

Human ego likes to think that we are so much more emotionally superior than animals and that we are the only animal specie to have such emotions.

Underminding animals such way protects us from feeling guilty when we kill them, use them, and eat them.
Old 20-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Master
Sure, I can imagine a dog hating his owner for abusing him. He'll only be as friendly as he's treated.
Old 21-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Knower

Hate is only a very strong fear. Animals fear just fine, it is a survival mechanism. The expression of hatred is the top-most rung in the fear ladder. Think about everything you ever hated... it boils down to a lack of control or lack of knowledge (I.e. the unknown). And we instinctually fear what we can't control.

So animals are going along fearing and not fearing. I easily imagine things that have shown themselves to be something greatly feared are, in fact, hated by that particular animal.
Old 22-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowers
Hate is only a very strong fear. Animals fear just fine, it is a survival mechanism. The expression of hatred is the top-most rung in the fear ladder. Think about everything you ever hated... it boils down to a lack of control or lack of knowledge (I.e. the unknown). And we instinctually fear what we can't control.

So animals are going along fearing and not fearing. I easily imagine things that have shown themselves to be something greatly feared are, in fact, hated by that particular animal.

Empowers makes a great case when talking about fear turning into hate when it is heightened. My dog was viciously attacked by another dog when I walked her on our usual route one day. After surgery and healing I thought it was time to get back out there and walk our route. I was very wrong. My dog wasn't emotionally ready to revisit the location to which she was attacked. I wasn't either. As we approached the area my anxiety level went up as I had flash backs. I suspect the same thing was happening to my dog because when we reached that specific location she pulled back and tried to get out of her leash and not go any further. At that point I knew that she was suffering from PTSD and both hated that location, but maybe even me for taking our usual route after the incident. After that, she never had the same enthusiasm to go for walks with me anymore. She only got excited to go if my spouse was coming with us. Instinctively she knew she couldn't trust me alone to keep her safe in her world. I didn't before, so why would she think I could fend off another attack? Eventually she became withdrawn and vicious acting herself.