Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Experiencer
Do we choose when we go?

Hi
I posted prior regarding the fact that I have been thinking about death a lot lately. I was wondering if we decide when we 'go'?

Maybe we decide before we incarnate. I wondered what was the general consensus around this??

If we do decide a time and age to die before can this be changed/reversed if we choose it??

Thanks!
Old 24-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Master
Na, I think life is full f surprises, and so called death is one of the surprises.
Old 24-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Knower
For most cases I believe our soul/higher self decides when we have accomplished all that we need to accomplish from this life and that its time to move on.

Old 24-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOverMatter
For most cases I believe our soul/higher self decides when we have accomplished all that we need to accomplish from this life and that its time to move on.

Even though I am only 31, I feel I have accomplished everything from this life. I have grown so much after a very troubled upbringing. If I am being honest with myself if I left now I wouldn't be leaving much behind. But at the same time I would prefer to stay :P
Old 25-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Knower
There are always experiences both positive and negative that we can learn and grow from. Experiences with oneself and experiences with others. Life on earth presents unique opportunities for a soul's growth.

Old 25-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Aidan108

My personal belief (and personal preference!) is what MindOverMatter describes where we 'leave' once we've accomplished what we've done in this world and finished our journey
Old 25-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Henri77

Matt the site founder left at 29.
Many teens, children leave "early" after learning-accomplishing their role.

Most of are not meant to know when, yet many say it's been scheduled before we arrive with our full agreement.
Old 25-11-2012, 03:32 AM
Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Matt the site founder left at 29.
Many teens, children leave "early" after learning-accomplishing their role.

Most of are not meant to know when, yet many say it's been scheduled before we arrive with our full agreement.

Which can then put suicide into a different light. If physical death occurs by agreement then is the exit method irrelevant?
Old 25-11-2012, 04:08 AM
TheLegendaryDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip
Which can then put suicide into a different light. If physical death occurs by agreement then is the exit method irrelevant?

Sometimes suicide is not part of the original agreement. Depending on the person, suicide may have prevented the soul from learning potentially important lessons that were in the original agreement, and so they would have to live another life with the same circumstances over again. Some people have gotten a second chance and have been able to learn those important lessons after being revived (so to not have to go through another life to do so), but some aren't so lucky.

I can't remember who, but a while ago I watched a YouTube video where the experiencer was given an option: to "go back" and have those needed experiences, or to "stay" and go through it all again.
Old 25-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Knower
I see suicide as unnatural and not honouring life and I don't think its ever part of a soul's agreement. Suicide meaning taking one's own life because of sadness/depression/difficult life. Of course there are exceptions like when one is old, dying in a hospital and wants to get it over with quickly.