Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
the world is a better place among those that practice what Jesus taught. anything evil is the opposite of what he taught and they failed to please him

I appreciate your comment.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 11-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' It seems to me that you use every opportunity to attack Christianity '

Some do find speaking the ' Truth ' as being ' Attacking '.

It's just that you have over 10K posts, and from what I can see most of that has been in the Christianity section, and most of the time you argue against Christianity.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It reminds me of the expression of throwing the water out with the baby in the water.......

Well yes, but that extends to the period beyond ''early Christianity''. The early Christians weren't all saint-like. There were many rioters and vandals, something Christians don't like to admit, instead emphasizing they were put in the arena with the lions..

The culture in Europe changed with Christianity. There were a number of positive developments. There's no need for ritual sacrifice of animals and humans, no more waste of livestock to please the gods. Faith and character became important, not just ritual alone.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Knower

The ritual sacrifice of humans for opposing the dogma of Christianity continued well into the 18th century. Unfortunately no original document or authenticated copy of the Christian scriptures has survived.

This ritual massacre of dissenters included that of the Cathars, who held the Marcionite belief that God the Father of Jesus in scripture was not the Hebrew god. The result is that in the Christian world we have from its very beginnings a situation of Dogma versus Paganism which can never be resolved unless the founder of the religion returns.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untersberg56
The ritual sacrifice of humans for opposing the dogma of Christianity continued well into the 18th century. Unfortunately no original document or authenticated copy of the Christian scriptures has survived.

This ritual massacre of dissenters included that of the Cathars, who held the Marcionite belief that God the Father of Jesus in scripture was not the Hebrew god. The result is that in the Christian world we have from its very beginnings a situation of Dogma versus Paganism which can never be resolved unless the founder of the religion returns.

First, this was incidental and not an every day or every year occurrence. It's only in the imagination of modern people that the Church held everything in an iron grip. Stuff like the prosecution of Cathars was rare, and not the norm. Most people lived ordinary lives without anything crazy like that going on.

Second, so called ''paganism'' wasn't innocent either. Sacrificing lots of livestock (and even humans) to the gods is a waste of food and life. Still happens today in India, they sacrifice hundreds of thousands of buffaloes to a goddess. Where is the outrage on the forums???
Old 11-12-2020, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It's just that you have over 10K posts, and from what I can see most of that has been in the Christianity section, and most of the time you argue against Christianity.

It's nice to know you're interested in reading my Posts and keeping track of the numbers
Some do see to disagreements as arguments.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:48 AM
Administrator
Was the condemnation of man justified?

If not justified, Jesus was not required to ask us to do evil by accepting human sacrifice.

I do not recall any of my many sins ever being bad enough to earn condemnation.

Every sin I, and likely you, ever made, has been forgiven.

For god to condemn me, and most of you, would be unjust.

I am innocent. Are you?

Regards
DL

Hello

I do not feel that there is any one or any power that can condone of condemn our actions, we are born with "free will and free thought" and from there are conditioned at times into the path we might well walk.

Jesus made his bed made that choice to die on the cross he was not forced up on it, but in doing so he might have known full well he would become a martyr to follow.

I was born into the Anglican Church, baptised into it, told to follow the path of the Bible and the teachings but I found that it held two paths of teachings one of Light and one of Dark. God and Satan, whom is to say which path is the right one and which is the wrong one ?

How many times do we stand and tell another country HOW to run things there, to step into stop a conflict that honestly is not ours to judge in. Yet we feel that it is right to do so. Whom plays God in that well we know that its our leaders.....we have little say in it all.

What is a 'sin' I was told living not married was a 'sin' against God, yet for 33 years I did just that then had 3 children for the Govt to say I was "married" for tax law. So blessed that when the time came to set me free I had no court to attend....out and done. So was it the wrong path well "H" no.

I do not go to condemn anyone for what they choose to follow a path in. It is not up to me to assign what I see as Karma to anyone. Maybe there is a Higher Power that does that maybe not, I will find out when my time on Earth comes to pass.

I am the first to admit that I so could commit murder, to take a life, and to relish in how that would feel. Yet I too do not fear judgments more I value the path my Soul might want to follow along when I am done with it.

Lynn
Old 16-12-2020, 07:27 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

If not justified, Jesus was not required to ask us to do evil by accepting human sacrifice.

I do not recall any of my many sins ever being bad enough to earn condemnation.

Every sin I, and likely you, ever made, has been forgiven.

For god to condemn me, and most of you, would be unjust.

I am innocent. Are you?

Regards
DL

Hello

I do not feel that there is any one or any power that can condone of condemn our actions, we are born with "free will and free thought" and from there are conditioned at times into the path we might well walk.

Jesus made his bed made that choice to die on the cross he was not forced up on it, but in doing so he might have known full well he would become a martyr to follow.

I was born into the Anglican Church, baptised into it, told to follow the path of the Bible and the teachings but I found that it held two paths of teachings one of Light and one of Dark. God and Satan, whom is to say which path is the right one and which is the wrong one ?

How many times do we stand and tell another country HOW to run things there, to step into stop a conflict that honestly is not ours to judge in. Yet we feel that it is right to do so. Whom plays God in that well we know that its our leaders.....we have little say in it all.

What is a 'sin' I was told living not married was a 'sin' against God, yet for 33 years I did just that then had 3 children for the Govt to say I was "married" for tax law. So blessed that when the time came to set me free I had no court to attend....out and done. So was it the wrong path well "H" no.

I do not go to condemn anyone for what they choose to follow a path in. It is not up to me to assign what I see as Karma to anyone. Maybe there is a Higher Power that does that maybe not, I will find out when my time on Earth comes to pass.

I am the first to admit that I so could commit murder, to take a life, and to relish in how that would feel. Yet I too do not fear judgments more I value the path my Soul might want to follow along when I am done with it.

Lynn

Atta girl.

I do not like the karma idea. I see it as victim blaming.

I will speak to this. " Jesus made his bed made that choice to die on the cross he was not forced up on it, but in doing so he might have known full well he would become a martyr to follow."

In the myth, Jesus wanted to test the old messianic prophesy and in a sense forced himself top do it.

This is clear when reading of the last super and seeing Jesus pick Judas, his best and most trusted, to do the hard thing and turn Jesus in.

The old Jewish prophesy called for an angel to die though, not a man or the man/god Jesus was turned into by Constantine.

Nice to see you posting Lynn. Missed ya.

Regards
DL
Old 16-12-2020, 07:38 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

As for Christianity, Jesus predicted that most people would pervert his teachings in his name, but not every one would go along with the twisted teachings.

Correct.

IMO, Gnostic Christians like me see the twisted teachings as what Christians follow, like substitutional punishment, while Christians ignore the immoral aspects of that way of thinking.

Jesus said in his right thinking, pick up your cross/responsibility for your sins and follow me. Instead corrupted Christians choose to ride their scapegoat Jesus instead of following and doing the right and moral thing.

What bothers me is that Christians do not care when they follow Satan and ignore Jesus.

Regards
DL