Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Pathfinder

Abusive bad and angry parents in the afterlife

If someone had emotionally and physically abusive bad parents (very rough parents from the child perspective) that would often scold (shout) and beat-up their children.

What would happen when the children will go into the afterlife, will they meet their bad abusive parents there, or anyone that harmed or would harm them? Would the parents or anyone else still be angry, rough, bad and abusive?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:52 AM
ant

Why not live 'now',in the present rather than entertain your thoughts on 'what if's'.

Just saying...
Old 12-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Administrator
Not so easy to do some kids are traumatised by their past counselling is needed in some cases.
no you do not need to have any contact with your parents in the spirit world if you don't want to

Namaste
Old 12-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
If someone had emotionally and physically abusive bad parents (very rough parents from the child perspective) that would often scold (shout) and beat-up their children.

What would happen when the children will go into the afterlife, will they meet their bad abusive parents there, or anyone that harmed or would harm them? Would the parents or anyone else still be angry, rough, bad and abusive?

If one is abusive in this life, this does not mean he or she will be an abusive spirit, on the other side, what ever we might call the other side. There are different "levels". Often our greatest enemies are our greatest friend on the other side. Only very close friend will play difficult roles to us. This does not mean there are not very negative spirits who have not evolved and are stuck, which means they come with this messed up mind set into this life and are perhaps working to get out of their own mess. If someone is in a vicious cycle, it is not easy to get out of it without help.
If you don't want to run into them on the other side, perhaps work on yourself now. Letting go, forgiveness are the key, for yourself and for them.
Every situation, or event has the potential to teach us something.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:39 PM
Master

I agree with Native. It isn't a matter that they aren't abusive in the spirit world. What matters is you don't want anything to do with them in the spirit world. NO you do not have to have anything to do with them.

I am in a similar situation and though I have healed and moved on I do not want anything to do with those who abused me. And I don't have to. Being in their presence is not part of healing.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan

Some thoughts based on my beliefs about the after-death state:

When we die we go to an astral realm which corresponds to our own vibration where we are surrounded by others of a similar vibration. For the average person, such a realm would not include those who were violent and abusive, as these violent abusive people would be on a lower astral realm.

Our after-death experience includes a life review, where we see our entire life from a higher perspective. This includes all that we have done and the consequences of our actions. We also understand why things happened as they did, and we may realise that there were perhaps karmic reasons why we had angry abusive parents who were there to fulfil particular roles in our life.

The angry abusive parents who have died will also have experienced their own life reviews, where they see what they have done and the consequences. They may be filled with remorse and regret at how they behaved while on Earth, and they may want to see you and apologise.

Whatever astral realm we go to after death, we continue to learn and change, and as we change so we can move to higher realms. This also applies to angry abusive parents and others who may have harmed us. After death, if we do meet those people who harmed us, they may be quite different.

And there is a big difference between being a vulnerable child on the physical plane, dependent on the adults around us, and being a mature adult on the astral plane. We have the power to make choices, and maybe one of these choices will be to forgive angry abusive parents. And we can choose to forgive them now, while still on Earth.

Peace.
Old 13-03-2019, 03:51 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Every situation, or event has the potential to teach us something.

I am a very slow learner.
Old 13-03-2019, 08:47 AM
Master
A tangent off, but in the same idea...

A few nights ago my elder and I were chatting about afterlife. Where do you go?

My elder said we go where ever we believe we will go. So, if I believe I will go to the diner and have pie. That is where I will go.

I suppose it is like setting my intentions? But on the idea we create the landscape of our afterlife “reality.”

Who will be there? I do not know who else would choose the same landscape. The Grand Canyon or Disney World might be a bit crowded. If a lot of people allow themselves or believe they can choose this.

Would a person who harmed me show up at the diner? I do not know.

When we die would we become our “beautiful self,” shedding off the past physical body and karma that was worked through this go around.

Would we even recognize the “beautiful self” or soul of anyone that we met during our earth bound time? Would I meet souls of a similar vibration or would I meet others who love diner pie?
Old 13-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Burntfruit

I have my own story of an abusive parent who I have since forgiven.

In fact I hope this parent will meet me when I pass over.

I believe forgiveness is one of my lessons in this 'semester' of life.
Old 13-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Newbie ;)

I fully agree with linen53, as I had very extremely bad experience with my parents in terms of humiliation , ignorance and even theft of my dues.

Anyway, I did PLR session and found that it was to balance bad karmas to what I did to them in past births; however through an Adept advice forgive them and under his guidance I was able to cut my Silver Cord linking our Group souls to finish our karmic account here in this birth as my dad was really evil and I deliberately didn’t retailiated- though could have.

Now even if I come across them in After life, I too will not like to interact to restart karmic circle with these evil souls. Interestingly my dad soul comes in my dreams and is always sheepishly guilty but I even in my sub conscious stage ignores him