Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Vulnerability

Vulnerability

Definition:- the quality or state of being exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.

There is a verse in the Christian New Testament:- "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I did not wish to open this thread on the Christianity Forum. Personally, if asked to wear a label, I identify as a Buddhist (Pure Land) I'm asking/seeking......am interested in..... broad answers and opinions, even personal testimonies.

How do others see/understand vulnerability? As being good or bad, to be overcome or not. Or whatever.

(Despite the definition, I'm more interested in the emotional side)
Old 30-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Guide
We are all vulnerable. Therefore, friendship is the only choice.
Old 30-07-2021, 04:23 PM
Master
I think it's an important subject in the context of spirituality, it brings to mind a quote by Adyashanti:
Quote:
Reality becomes conscious in anyone who has a moment of deep vulnerability - actually, reality is much more like a hunter, it's just looking for a moment of vulnerability. And the spiritual practices that people engage in, if and when they're done correctly, are ways of establishing a moment of vulnerability within you.
I know I've found this to be true in my own life, it's in moments of vulnerability that love and truth have managed to penetrate my consciousness. Because when you're hardened and defended, your heart is closed off to love, and your mind is closed off to truth.
Old 30-07-2021, 06:13 PM
Ascender
I hate the word ~

christian rescue missions say that they want you to be vulnerable ~ I think it's unnecessary and cruel
Old 30-07-2021, 08:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I hate the word ~

christian rescue missions say that they want you to be vulnerable ~ I think it's unnecessary and cruel

Well, myself I don't see the undoubted existence of the "vulture evangelist" should cause me to suppress my own vulnerability. Unfortunately our vulnerability can be suppressed/repressed from early on. Families often break up when the children are young and counsellors (not vultures) seek to keep the youngsters in touch with their feelings and emotions. The alternative, in effect a denial of vulnerability, can begin to harden the heart, to protect itself from future hurt. Then one blessing of our humanity (as green1 rightly said) "friendship", relationships, become harder to grow and nurture.

Moments of acknowledged vulnerability, as A Human Being has said, offer an opportunity, an opportunity to develop compassion and empathy toward others who are more easily recognised as vulnerable like ourselves. "Compassion is an exchange between equals, not one between healer and wounded." (Pema Chodron)

Thanks to all for your interest.
Old 30-07-2021, 08:23 PM
Ascender
it's nonsense and it's abuse
Old 30-07-2021, 08:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
it's nonsense and it's abuse

Counselling a child suffering emotional hurt from the break-up of their parents is "nonsense and abusive"?

I dont think so.

(I think we agree on "vulture evangelists")
Old 30-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Ascender
actually from my experience counsellors are also the problem

besides now you're talking about vultureism and not vulnerability ~

counsellors have always been vultures they always poison the mind and the situation with some kind of sick college education
Old 30-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
actually from my experience counsellors are also the problem

besides now you're talking about vultureism and not vulnerability ~

Good grief!

Sorry I spoke.

Old 30-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Ascender
people need friends not counsellors ~ real friends

and I feel sorry for anyone who has a fake friend that is a counsellor