Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 06-03-2021, 05:23 PM
Knower

Just What IS the Zohar Actually? Some New Thoughts

I have been testing and am truly becoming more convinced and actually quite stunned into something I believe I have discovered. No, in all serious liklihood it is not new, at least not new to the Kabbalah rabbis, but something has opened up in me that is a possibility I have never before entertained. All I can do is share generalities at this point. Because that is all I know, but some pieces of the puzzle are fitting in astonishing ways.

I have this last year truly put forth the magnificently difficult effort of reading and attempting to grasp what Leonora Leet has shown in her books on the Kabbalah, focusing on her three books "The Kabbalah of the Soul," "The Secret Doctrine of the Kabbalah," and "Universal Kabbalah." I am not going to sugarcoat it, they are exquisite, though difficult to grasp.

Her conception is the Kabbalah is based on Sacred Geometry. Not just any kind however, but a very specific kind. The question is, just why is the Tree of Life in the Kabbalah the shape that it is? Who made this up? 10 circles and connecting lines? Why is it called the Tree of Life when it doesn't really look much like a tree after all? The fact is, it is not made up at all, but becomes manifested by very logical and coherent processes in the geometry of hexagrams! She discovered upon actually doing the work, going on her journey of drawing geometric diagrams and expanding them, testing them, permuting them (much like the Sefer Yetzirah and the Zohar explain one is to do with the Torah itself - a hint, a really good HINT), that the Kabbalah Tree of Life is actually embedded in the geometry of hexagrams.

It arise perfectly naturally as one expands hexagrams! Now that is intriguing, especially to an artist, but also to a mathematician! Her discovery led her also to realize the Star of David, also called the Seal of Solomon, the Menorah and its structure, the Cube of Space, are all discovered in the geometry of hexagrams, and in point of very fact, hexagram construction indicates that the story of the creation of the universe is embedded in Genesis with the base of the hexagram as its unit!

Genesis has nothing to do with the scientific view of how the universe came about, its basis is not on how it actually happened but is described being grounded in and tied in with geometry of triangles and hexagrams and the diatonic musical scale of Pythagoras. And it is absolutely perfectly fitted and internally coherent to that paradigm. All of the wrangling of science refuting the Bible and creation is a red herring, because that is not what Genesis is grounded on. It is not meant at all to be literal physical, it is meant to proceed forward from the diatonic and harmonic musical scales, coupled with geometric expansion using hexagons and hexagrams. And she shows this in exact and explicit detail. Nothing is missing, everything fits, there are no contradictions.

Through her vast explorations (in her books The Secret Doctrine of the Kabbalah, and Universal Kabbalah) of the ever expanding geometry of hexagram construction, and the purposeful mythological explanations, as second order truths, not fake and made up stories (she explains this in her books) the geometry of hexagrams and her startling discovery of what she has termed "The Sabbath Star Diagram" and "the science of expressive form" she has actually discovered a very powerful new model which can be used in chaos theory and what that model indicates about our universe. It is very interesting indeed.

In the first chapter where she sets up showing how she made her discovery, she shows how the Zohar, through a revelation from Elijah the prophet to one of the rabbis, indicates a concealed geometric form, not the Tree of Life, but something even greater, which the Zohar only hints at, which has to do with the universe, our place in it, and the reason for creation in the first place. It is this sacred concealed diagram that the Zohar says is the key to truth, universal truth. Leet believes her Sabbath Star Diagram is what the Zohar was talking about, which the rabbis never explicitly revealed as such, either verbally or visually in the Zohar.

Now for something that has been dawning on me as I am making my way through Daniel Matt's magisterial translation of the Zohar. Leet only had access to Matt's first volume of the Zohar when finishing her last book, and then she died, very sadly. As I am reading, many, many descriptions, elaborations, and explanations of the rabbis in the Zohar are, in very point of fact, very astonishingly similar to how Leet was describing her advancing the geometry of the hexagrams. In fact, I now personally believe the entire Zohar is the full explanation of the Sacred Geometric expansions of the hexagrams as they are expanded all the way out to infinity, and the stories told in the Torah and scriptures are the elaborated mythological explanations of the Sacred Geometry. Leet explained this is the logical consequence of what she had done, and the Zohar is doing the exact same thing only using the stories of the Torah to explain the geometrical materials instead of the Kabbalistic ideas Leet uses, though she does include many of the biblical stories also, just not to the extent the rabbis in the Zohar use.

The Zohar is the fullest exposition and explanation of the Sacred Geometry of the hexagram and expansions of the hexagram which helps explain the Kabbalistic doctrines of the Four Worlds, the ten sephirot, the 22 paths connecting them, etc. The reason the Zohar is so cryptic is we do not have the geometry in front of us being explained in the written Zohar, we only have the second order of truth being told using the stories of the scriptures as that explanation of the geometry. But Leet does show the geometry.

I am discovering that the Zohar, with the idea of geometry in mind which Leet has so powerfully and logically demonstrated is now making much better sense. The reason one was not allowed to read the Zohar without a teacher is because they were involved with not only drawing out the geometry, but explaining it, and one needs to see it in order to grasp it as it is explained. The language in the Zohar in many, many, many places is geometric language of explanation of drawing lines, connecting points, and seeing entire pictures of completed steps. It is precisely when they are talking this way that the cryptic aspects begin to occur, cryptic, because one is not aware that a geometric picture is what is being explained to them, in the form of stories about oh say Adam and Eve, or Abraham, or King David, or the heavens, etc. But Leet shows the geometry with many of those same stories in her vast writings on this.

To put it blunt: The Zohar is the explanation of the Sacred Geometry of the Kabbalah Cosmology and Cosmogony.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:19 PM
I am loving this - you're doing the work then posting it for us!!!
Pls, continue!!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am loving this - you're doing the work then posting it for us!!!
Pls, continue!!!!!

HEY! That is exactly what good friends are for lovely one.......
Old 06-03-2021, 11:48 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholarly Tarot

HEY! That is exactly what good friends are for lovely one.......

I also am intrigued by the attribution of Tarot Cards onto the paths of the Kabbalah Tree of Life as well. Perhaps some Jews won't think it correct, and that's fine. I rather think it is yet another layer which expounds further meaning to those outside Judaism. I have been through 3 initiations of Tarot Cards this last year, and everyone of them was so incredibly fascinating to me! Richard Roberts initiation in his Tarot Revelations was refreshing. Paul Foster Case's initiation in his True and Secret Order of the Rosicrucians was very deep, very profound, and remarkable. And Jason Lotterhand's Thursday Night Tarot is always a delight because he is so down to earth, yet deeply profound. Robert Wang's analysis The Qabalistic Tarot (not really an initiation, yet it kind of is) also is insightful. Let's see.....that's four isn't it? Well......I never did say I was good at math - Lol!

Since there does seem to be some connections with the Tarot and the Tree of Life, it always intrigues me when the various esoteric systems can be put together for an enlarged picture for us... the Jewish esoteric texts are always delightful to try and fathom. Good ole intellectual/spiritual stuff that needs a lot of brain power, just my kind of esotericism!
Old 13-03-2021, 04:57 PM
Experiencer

Yep. Emanations, sacred geometry, and intonation. It's why things like the LBRP work.

It seems clear that the stories were never meant as literal accounts, and many Jewish people have tried to explain that. It's just that they are never going to be heard by people who want to believe otherwise.

And many will always be afraid of Tarot and Kabbalah, as they see these things as occult and view the occult in a negative way.

Thanks for listing the books you have worked with. I have The Fool's Journey by Stephan Hoeller and I thought Lon Milo DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah was really fun, if not all that scholarly.
Old 16-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
Yep. Emanations, sacred geometry, and intonation. It's why things like the LBRP work.

It seems clear that the stories were never meant as literal accounts, and many Jewish people have tried to explain that. It's just that they are never going to be heard by people who want to believe otherwise.

And many will always be afraid of Tarot and Kabbalah, as they see these things as occult and view the occult in a negative way.

Thanks for listing the books you have worked with. I have The Fool's Journey by Stephan Hoeller and I thought Lon Milo DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah was really fun, if not all that scholarly.

Yeah, I was probably one of those who was originally sort of stand offish of the occult. But once one grasps it simply means what is not seen all the time, that is hidden, with nothing sinister or evil involved I began to grasp the idea. Quite frankly, God is occult if you want to actually say it like it is. That is, God is hidden. Well yeah........ ok, is that wicked though? The universe out past our naked eyesight we never see without a telescope is occult, that is just not seeable, but that has nothing to do with being sinister.

So, I think all we can do is continue sharing the good and the interesting and allow folks to see that it has precious little if anything to do with evil as such... Thanks for your thoughts, very much appreciated.