Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 07-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Donna

When your psychic knowing kept you or someone you know safe

We often hear people tell how they heard a voice tell them not to go when the light turned green that ultimately saved them from collision and I can say I have had a quite a few intuitions or precognitive visions that have proved helpful. I thought I'd share a few here and invite others to do likewise.

Avoiding the Great Dane

I used to walk my dog, Bella, at a headland where the land undulated and curved around bush that would obscure the vision. We often encountered a great dane off leash and it would be a mad dash for his human to get it leashed before it came at Bella. On one occasion, the human failed to leash the dog in time so I scooped Bella into my arms and turned my back on the leaping dog. I heard him snap at my ear as I did so. The owner was really shaken up and apologetic at his dog's actions. Interestingly, I sensed that dog coming every time after that attack so I could take evasive action before it came too close and it was never again a threat.

The next story I journaled because it was such an unusual experience for me. I don't really feel anything like it has happened since.

The Snake – waking life journal

When I walked Bella through the native gardens/forest today, I noticed a few crows and currawongs. They stayed close, watching my movement ahead of Bella, who was engaged in sniffing. They essentially moved along with me, which, if you know birds, isn’t as out of the ordinary bird behavior as one might think. When I looked behind and saw Bella picking up speed to close the gap between us, I quietly warned a currawong on my left to watch out. Animals understand this kind solidarity. More than once I’ve distracted my leashed beast, having exchanged eye contact with the terrified bunny crouched in the grass and Bella thoroughly enjoys leaping at swooping magpies during the nesting season but they know I’ll control her when their babies are learning to fly and they always leave me alone.

On our return trip, Bella chose to walk along the dry creek bed across an expanse of mown grass while I walked sensibly in the shade of the trees. Then I decided to join her. While she was chewing on grass, my mind meandered along a logical sequence along the line of threats to Bella from worms to fleas, to ticks and then snakes. I decided it was snakes that posed a real threat to her wellbeing and, naturally enough, within moments I spotted a substantial red bellied black, so I leashed her, watched for awhile and we removed ourselves from danger.

Walking back across the field I began to realize that I knew this scenario was about to unfold and when I traced back the origins of that feeling of that awareness I know it began at a subliminal kind of level with the birds. This is not at all logical and it’s not something I would bother trying to share with people usually because I don’t expect them to get it. Logically one can say it’s summer here and I encounter the red-bellied snakes on my walks at least a few times a year and, so, it was due. That’s true but it seems that it’s only when I get these feelings that I need to stay close to the dog that these things occur and that the reason I need to be close to the dog is too readily apparent before the occurrence takes place. It’s a lot like the knowing that occurs in dreams, really, where the information feels apparent in the environment itself.

Back up on the path we encountered the council forestry worker who was watering recent native under-plantings. We greeted one another and I announced, “Fair sized red belly black down in the dry creek bed,” to which he replied, “I love this schoolroom.” Me too.
Old 15-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
We often hear people tell how they heard a voice tell them not to go when the light turned green that ultimately saved them from collision and I can say I have had a quite a few intuitions or precognitive visions that have proved helpful. I thought I'd share a few here and invite others to do likewise.

Avoiding the Great Dane

I used to walk my dog, Bella, at a headland where the land undulated and curved around bush that would obscure the vision. We often encountered a great dane off leash and it would be a mad dash for his human to get it leashed before it came at Bella. On one occasion, the human failed to leash the dog in time so I scooped Bella into my arms and turned my back on the leaping dog. I heard him snap at my ear as I did so. The owner was really shaken up and apologetic at his dog's actions. Interestingly, I sensed that dog coming every time after that attack so I could take evasive action before it came too close and it was never again a threat.

The next story I journaled because it was such an unusual experience for me. I don't really feel anything like it has happened since.

The Snake – waking life journal

When I walked Bella through the native gardens/forest today, I noticed a few crows and currawongs. They stayed close, watching my movement ahead of Bella, who was engaged in sniffing. They essentially moved along with me, which, if you know birds, isn’t as out of the ordinary bird behavior as one might think. When I looked behind and saw Bella picking up speed to close the gap between us, I quietly warned a currawong on my left to watch out. Animals understand this kind solidarity. More than once I’ve distracted my leashed beast, having exchanged eye contact with the terrified bunny crouched in the grass and Bella thoroughly enjoys leaping at swooping magpies during the nesting season but they know I’ll control her when their babies are learning to fly and they always leave me alone.

On our return trip, Bella chose to walk along the dry creek bed across an expanse of mown grass while I walked sensibly in the shade of the trees. Then I decided to join her. While she was chewing on grass, my mind meandered along a logical sequence along the line of threats to Bella from worms to fleas, to ticks and then snakes. I decided it was snakes that posed a real threat to her wellbeing and, naturally enough, within moments I spotted a substantial red bellied black, so I leashed her, watched for awhile and we removed ourselves from danger.

Walking back across the field I began to realize that I knew this scenario was about to unfold and when I traced back the origins of that feeling of that awareness I know it began at a subliminal kind of level with the birds. This is not at all logical and it’s not something I would bother trying to share with people usually because I don’t expect them to get it. Logically one can say it’s summer here and I encounter the red-bellied snakes on my walks at least a few times a year and, so, it was due. That’s true but it seems that it’s only when I get these feelings that I need to stay close to the dog that these things occur and that the reason I need to be close to the dog is too readily apparent before the occurrence takes place. It’s a lot like the knowing that occurs in dreams, really, where the information feels apparent in the environment itself.

Back up on the path we encountered the council forestry worker who was watering recent native under-plantings. We greeted one another and I announced, “Fair sized red belly black down in the dry creek bed,” to which he replied, “I love this schoolroom.” Me too.

Thank you for sharing Donna. I warned my son that he could get into an accident one day, as he was a relatively new driver, just before he left for work. Being a teen at the time, he blew me off. Later that day I received a call from a car dealer saying they had my car in for repairs and asked if I would approve the charges. I asked why my car was there. They said my son had it towed there. He had gotten into a minor accident and was so distraught, not wanting to hear a lecture from me, that he had it towed and went on to work. I was just so glad he wasn't hurt. And of course I did lecture him on not calling me. All ended well, though after that day I began paying more attention to the gut feelings I get.