Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-09-2021, 09:20 AM
PureEvil760

Being Kind

Is being kind productive?

If a student is wrong, should the teacher just be kind and tell them they are right anyway?

The part of you that takes offense to what I say is the same part of you that is your own enemy. The world is a mirror reflection of yourself. I only love and forgive, this allows me to speak freely but also makes me blind to what is offensive to others. Real peace doesn't come and go like dead leaves in the wind. Real peace is invincible.

If your peace can be shattered in a moment by any small thing is it peace?

People get offended by me because I attack their ability to even get offended. It is actually hyper-goodness.

I've seen people have complete meltdowns right in front of me while I'm just watching, completely confused as to why. It's evil feeling threatened and fighting to maintain control.

Being kind to that evil, letting it keep it's control just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 20-09-2021, 01:36 PM
Lorelyen

I get the idea of your post, sort of, but it doesn't read like the thoughts of someone whose life is their spirituality.

One engages with people. Sometimes they need a shoulder to lean on, sometimes one does the leaning. It's all in a day. Occasions to beware are being disadvantaged in some way or taking advantage.

If someone does something I don't like, that's my problem but it doesn't mean I won't avoid the situation if that seems best.
Old 20-09-2021, 02:33 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with Lorelyen

Namaste
Old 20-09-2021, 03:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If someone does something I don't like, that's my problem but it doesn't mean I won't avoid the situation if that seems best.

This is too vague a statement. We are always in relationship with others when "being kind" is the response under discussion.

Avoidance is not an option if your wife/husband, with whom you are stuck every which way, does something you don't like on a daily basis. A neighbor from hell is another example. Your donkey of a boss. Oftentimes, it is not your problem. You are perfectly sane, and it is the other person who is smug and condescending.

People are preternaturally obnoxious. This is why we are into spirituality.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:12 PM
Master
Taking kindness as an aspect love, in my view, the thought of kindness is not kindness. Any considered response, even if considerate, is not our reflex instinct, hence at best, good manners, a compulsion of etiquette perhaps.

The challenge is to shift our core, slowly, slowly, slowly, moment by moment by moment until we vaporise, metaphorically speaking. We accept all as they are. That does not in any way mean we should allow ourself to be bullied or slighted. Say no to trauma bonding.

The best self appraisal I know of is contemplating on our responses to dream images. The refinements we choose to implement in our waking state, through mindfulness ultimately reflects on our reactions in dreams when our guard is lowered, so to speak.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Say no to trauma bonding.

Trauma bonding is a good way to put it. We are all trauma bonded to each other in various degrees. The love/hate relationship is amazing.
Old 20-09-2021, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEvil760
If a student is wrong, should the teacher just be kind and tell them they are right anyway?
This seems to be a very limited idea of kindness, reducing kindness to never upsetting anyone.

The teacher is there to teach. If a student is wrong then the kind teacher will point out the error of their thinking and show them the correct approach. But the kind teacher will do so in such a manner that the student is not made to feel stupid. Unfortunately there are plenty of unkind teachers.

Peace
Old 20-09-2021, 08:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This seems to be a very limited idea of kindness, reducing kindness to never upsetting anyone.

This is what kindness has become and there is need to get with the program.

Pointing out error is deemed crude. Don't say a thing if you can't say anything nice. Be the all-compassionate one. You are either an empath or a sociopath.
Old 20-09-2021, 09:45 PM
Lorelyen

Ayar415 Post #4

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
"If someone does something I don't like, that's my problem but it doesn't mean I won't avoid the situation if that seems best"
Ayar415:
This is too vague a statement. We are always in relationship with others when "being kind" is the response under discussion.

Not sure what you're querying. If I don't like something it's obviously my problem and if needs be it's up to me to solve it. One can pre-emptively avoid problems if able to anticipate them. There always is a solution.

Ayar415:
"People are preternaturally obnoxious. This is why we are into spirituality."
You must speak for yourself with that.
Old 20-09-2021, 10:02 PM
Madamedude

Ayar, you're letting outer circumstances make your inside world.

Lorelyen, you're weird ! Cold on the outside, warm on the inside.