Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-08-2021, 11:37 PM
Pathfinder
Collective consciousness.

Hi everybody,
Here's a thought on our collective consciousness, how did we get here?
How are we doing as human beings living together?
I put my point in this little video:
https://youtu.be/guvZbgVV9HA
Blessings to all.
Old 21-08-2021, 10:39 AM
Lorelyen

Nice hearing what you had to say on this but I suspect collective consciousness is a pipe dream. Humanity (thanks to the overpopulation of the world) will be gone long before international agreement could be reached on a common culture which would generate norms to which all could subscribe (and the renegades, not). I suspect future wars will be about resources. There'll be no agreement about sharing as 'economic imbalance would thwart that.

Given the problems that humans now face, there's too little time to come to a cultural commonality. In 70 years the EU hasn't managed to create a one-size-fits-all European. Two big religions in the world are sworn enemies but haven't moved at all toward reconciliation. Now, it's too late to do anything to stall further climate change and we can't even predict where we can get a crop to harvest. And here in England no one can walk the streets safely at any time of day (unless you live in a more expensive, elite area) thanks to the abject failure of politicians of all hues.

I suppose I see collective consciousness as the idealised society: its members share values and orientations, a common appreciation of good and bad, with a means to persuade deviants back into the fold. But the way the woke world is going, individuals are slowly forced to move away from social norms rather than create them. Political correctness has SO suppressed freedom of expression that a substrate of anger underlies the community and nihilism is rife, so the safety valve blows in small acts of destruction and violence.

It's a saddening situation and all the 'ordinary' of us can hope to do is set an example by act and deed, not word. And I mean it - be actively good in ones own definition of the term. At least like this, communities can acquire that 'collective consciousness'.

I've had to be careful here as political discussion isn't allowed but one can't help approach this without reference to politics in general since they're the power of the world.
Old 26-08-2021, 04:12 AM
Ascender

Thinking along the lines that:-

Maybe we already have a collective consciousness but do not choose to connect with it because we have come to depend upon lifestyles and systems which do themselves depend upon us not making that choice.

This is not necessarily either intended nor sinister, but a consequence of that dependence.
Old 26-08-2021, 04:57 AM
Master
Most on this planet come from a collective consciousness and will return to an altered collective after they leave this level of existence.

On this level of existence the spirit/soul individually will choose which path of development they will take, and if they follow the light, they will attempt through forgiveness and compassion to reach a state of unconditional love.
At this state they will return to a collective.
This is for most not for all.
I know, humans have the tendency to gather and be part of a group.
After all there is not only the consciousness of the spirit/soul at play, but we need to consider the consciousness stream of the planet as well.
Old 27-08-2021, 02:09 PM
Master
I don't view the collective consciousness as the idealized society, but more like the true face of tyranny. Nature is about differentiation. Human society is about differentiation. Different natural environments create different cultures, allow species to diversify and evolve. The focus on one this one that - one political system, one currency, one culture, one set of beliefs - stifles the competition, individualism and creativity that nature is all about.

Today's EU is another centralization project like the Roman Empire or the later Holy Roman Empire. It sucks, and different cultures and ways of living get bashed and ridiculed for not tagging along with the pipe dream of us all having to be the same. I notice a similar pattern in technology, economics, agriculture: a deliberate planned development towards efficiency, towards one system, or one crop or production for a region. It makes people more dependent on that one system. What if things go wrong? What if, for example, the world would no longer need Malaysia's palm oil? (not to mention the terrible landscape that such policies create).

Centralization, one system, one spirituality, one consciousness. Yeah, it's not like all of this ever goes wrong... but it always sounds so convincing and beautiful to a lot of people..

What does 'collective consciousness' mean to you? We all share thoughts and feelings? We might just get there with future tech..
Old 28-08-2021, 01:45 AM
Ascender

Perhaps we might consider collective consciousness as diversity choosing to identify as being part of the whole?
Old 02-09-2021, 04:34 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Perhaps we might consider collective consciousness as diversity choosing to identify as being part of the whole?
The whole is God, who is all that exists and in who, all exist.

Excerpt from the link provided below .. . . . . Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this apparent material universe at the time of the Big Bang, was, according to the most popular theory of the creation of this universe, pure electromagnetic energy, which, In my Opinion, was spewed out of a WHITE HOLE, in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, or, according to scientific measurements (180 million trillion, trillion degrees Fahrenheit), which electromagnetic energy has been converted to that which we perceive as matter, only to be-reconverted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch, when all will be ripped apart atom by atom, subatomic particle by subatomic particle, as the universal bodies fall as fire into the Great Abyss, or Black Hole that is connected to a White Hole at the end of an Einstein Rosen bridge that connects the two.

The first law of thermodynamics is the same as the first law of conservation and that is, that energy can neither be created or destroyed. If energy cannot be created, then it always was, and If it can never be destroyed, it always will be. Therefore, according to this law, energy must be eternal, having neither beginning or end. Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this apparent material universe at the time of the Big Bang, was pure electromagnetic energy, which, in my opinion was spewed out of a ‘WHITE HOLE,’ in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, which has been converted to that which we perceive as matter, only to be re-converted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch.

If you believe that a universe of mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, [in Kantian terminology, an end-in-itself, self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”? Then you must accept that it is the eternal energy, which has neither beginning or end, that has become this material universe and has developed a mind that is the compilation of all the information gathered by all the diverse life-forms that ‘it,’ [The Eternal Energy] has become, the collective consciousness of all that it is.

Every living thing within this apparent boundless cosmos, are merely information gatherers for the eternal energy which manifests itself as this living universe and is all that exists and is, ’The Great Thought,’ the collective consciousness of all that exists. At any given point in time, you are no more than inches away from a spider, fly, ant, or any other of the many information gatherers of the eternal, who is all that exists.

Jeremiah 23: 23-24; “I am a God who is everywhere and not in one place only. No one can hide where I cannot see him. Do you not know that I am everywhere in heaven and on earth?

He has eyes and ears everywhere throughout the universe that is he.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Ascender

Thinking about thought takes into a great puzzle--i think!?

Not that such should or need deter us--i think!?
Old 02-09-2021, 01:11 PM
Administrator
My thoughts are more in line with Lorelyen

Namaste
Old 03-09-2021, 06:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Frye
Hi everybody,
Here's a thought on our collective consciousness, how did we get here?
How are we doing as human beings living together?
Take a good look around you, how many people 'out there' can you look at and think "Yeah, I'd be comfortable in being in a consciousness collective with you." How many people are happy being in a collective consciousness with themselves?

How much of what you are conscious of do you actually express? Yes it's a Spiritual forum so obviously that's expressed, but what of your deepest fears and secrets, your hurts and pains and all the other stuff you keep hidden away? And what do you think the guy you're standing next to in the supermarket is hiding, can you really deal with that if his consciousness becomes your own?

And considering that your unconscious is some 90-95% of your total, can you deal with the scary monsters that lurk in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
The first law of thermodynamics is the same as the first law of conservation and that is, that energy can neither be created or destroyed.
Don't forget entropy and that all systems eventually descend into chaos, they've been doing that since the moment of the Big Bang. Civilisations have come and gone, religions have come and gone and belief systems the same. Even today's Spirituality shows signs of entropy.

There are so many things I've read about that make me wonder if the cavemen had a more collective consciousness than we have today. There were 22 symbols found in caves right across Europe that science has yet been able to decipher, yet how many European languages are there? Gobekli Tepe was built over ten thousand years ago, and the purpose is hotly disputed. Even so, the people that built it had a reason even if we can't figure it out, and they also had a reason for burying it. I can only marvel at the logistics of building then burying such a structure, given that it was built during the hunter-gatherer period. But so many people put so much work into a single construction for a single purpose, and today we can't agree on what Spirituality is in a forum. Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
[The Eternal Energy] has become, the collective consciousness of all that it is
Variation of a theme that doesn't quite work. Consciousness is not energy and energy is not consciousness, energy is formless until consciousness gives it form. If you read the first view verses of Genesis you'll soon begin to wonder if God was a quantum physicist. The energy was void until God's consciousness formed it into the heavens and the earth. Consciousness is both fundamental and emergent, meaning that consciousness is where it begins - the forming of the heavens and the earth - and 'ends' - where we are today, although it's more of a 'what we have so far..