Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 17-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Administrator
I have never cried at a funeral because we cannot die we just go on to the after life,or spirit world in my family we always celebrate a life never cry over it,i live in the uk but have NDN heritage i know a lot of people at funerals who mourn always wear black etc.its not for me.

Namaste
Old 17-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have never cried at a funeral because we cannot die we just go on to the after life,or spirit world in my family we always celebrate a life never cry over it,i live in the uk but have NDN heritage i know a lot of people at funerals who mourn always wear black etc.its not for me.

Namaste

I think that's a great perspective! I have never understood why people are so sad about them moving on. I'm sure its sad because we miss them. I understand where your coming from. Thanks for mentioning this!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 18-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit

Namaste

That is a Great way to be. When my Gran passed in Feb of this year, I felt joy for her too, That she is no longer feeble. Thanks.
Old 21-07-2013, 03:14 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith95843
Being only part native american and not part of any tribe nor did I grow up on a reservation I can only express my feelings this way.
I dont understand why our people (Native Americans) dont share there ways with the people who so strongly want learn it. Spiritual people are drawen to it like a moth to a lite

Hi Keith...
Just realised who you were....Recognise the name Bluespirit?

Good to see you!

Deepsea....
Old 23-07-2013, 04:42 AM
Deactivated Account
There is nothing hidden about indian culture. It is there for anyone willing to search it out and/or live it. What remains of it, anyway.
Mostly it is about things so simple that white men are unable to see them.
Obvious things, that become invisible once reverence for nature is lost.

Animal totems are a big pursuit of mine, for example. But what possible use would that be if I lived in Detroit, or London? I'd be better off collecting stamps.

Ha. I've spent more time living like a pre-columbian indian than most modern indians :) Made me terribly skinny and ragged, too.
Old 25-09-2013, 05:27 AM
jaracz

Sharing Apache Traditions

Quote:
Being only part native american and not part of any tribe nor did I grow up on a reservation I can only express my feelings this way.
I dont understand why our people (Native Americans) dont share there ways with the people who so strongly want learn it. Spiritual people are drawen to it like a moth to a lite

I wrote Joseph M. Marshall III, great writer, and in emails back and forth I mentioned that I practice Native American traditions. He thought this was wrong and crazy that someone taught me and refused to interact with me any longer. I see where he is coming from, because I have seen people who have done a lot of corrupt things with traditions they have hand exposure to or have read about.

That being said, an Apache man passed down traditions to a lot of non-Native Americans. A few communities have come out of this. I am in one of them. We welcome folks. It starts with training and a right of passage though. Just like in the indigenous culture, we see men and women as being trained and support each other as trained adults.

Susan
Old 27-09-2013, 11:28 AM
keith95843

hello dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Hi Keith...
Just realised who you were....Recognise the name Bluespirit?

Good to see you!

Deepsea....
Old 27-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Guide
If they don't want to share their knowledge, forget them. They aren't the only ones who don't like to share. Most people into the occult are the same way.

Just follow your own path.
Old 27-09-2013, 11:36 AM
keith95843

thanks for all your comments
Old 27-09-2013, 03:44 PM
deepsea

Quote:
hello dear

Deepsea.