Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-08-2022, 08:49 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanInBoca
What do you think Qabbalah is about?
No clue, though I did have an amazingly disturbing precognition event several years back that destroyed my concept of time and space as absolute, and it transitioned into what can best be described as the waking equivalent of a lucid dream for several weeks.

It wasn't that things were conscious. It's that there are no things, only Consciousness itself. The Shining Light of Pure Knowing was all there was, even though to the senses it appeared as name and form including the mind-body complex that is JASG.

As Swami Vivekananda would say, everything is not. God (Brahman, Source, Consciousness, That, however one wishes to label It) alone is. Basically non-duality from the perspective of Advaita Vedanta.

The problem with trying to convey this is it's like the philosopher of mind Thomas Nagel's paper "What is it Like to Be a Bat?". The answer is only a bat knows.
Old 17-08-2022, 08:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Absolutely not. Nature is predictable. It's called physics.

You're taking one line and not the examples I gave, interpreting 'randomness' differently from where I was coming from.
Old 17-08-2022, 08:56 PM
BryanInBoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You're taking one line and not the examples I gave, interpreting 'randomness' differently from where I was coming from.

In my experience this 'world' is organized chaos
Old 17-08-2022, 09:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
If at a given point in time we had every last bit of information and fully understood all the laws of nature and had the processing power to apply those laws to all the information would anything be random?
Old 18-08-2022, 04:34 AM
Bambo

This is a good thread!!
Old 18-08-2022, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanInBoca
In my experience this 'world' is organized chaos

I like how you phrase it!
Old 18-08-2022, 07:45 AM
BryanInBoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
If at a given point in time we had every last bit of information and fully understood all the laws of nature and had the processing power to apply those laws to all the information would anything be random?

Very good post and good question!
Old 18-08-2022, 07:46 AM
BryanInBoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
This is a good thread!!

It sure gets people thinking unless their thoughts are scripted Thanks!
Old 18-08-2022, 07:49 AM
BryanInBoca

Quote:
I like how you phrase it!

Thanks! Look at the last couple years. Close down the economy for 1 year and everything functioning like normal. Real world, not!
Old 18-08-2022, 08:11 AM
Guide

I have been given the impression of free will and sometimes I may have it but I have always been steered along the right path for me.