Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 29-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
I'm only about 3 hours from Sydney, very close to canberra . This summer has been the hottest and driest we've had in a while. I've already got my first couple of red tomatoes and I didn't plant the seedlings until the Caulfield cup (mid October ).
Monsoonal rains in the top end this time of year isn't abnormal or unexpected.
That's quite weird, because for the past 2 weeks and for the next week, I have been watching the BoM weather forecasts and seeing how right they have been with their temperature predictions and they've been spot on, with their forecasts of between 17-23 C for the Sydney area and 19-26 C for the Sydney suburbs.

I live in the small seaside township of Shellharbour, NSW which is also 2-3 degrees less than in Sydney.

I watched the news tonight and for the next week, it's not getting any higher than 26 degrees in the Sydney Metro and 24 for Shellharbour for the whole week.

The New Year's Eve forecast at midnight is 20 degC with 0 chance of rain.

This is New Year's eve/day, whereby ever since I was a kid, we've always sweltered over Christmas and the New Year, with 2-3 weeks of 35Deg C + almost every day and 26-28 C during the night.

Whatever happened this year? (presuming one doesn't live in South Australia)...and where's all that weather they get 2 days before us that we're not even getting?

I am not getting this either. lol
Old 29-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Ascender

It seems to be cooler along the coast . We had 31 today and last week it was 37 on a few days. I've been rebuilding a deck over the break and the sun has been the killer. I gave it its first coat of oil today and tomorrow plan on starting early to give it the second coat
Old 29-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
It seems to be cooler along the coast . We had 31 today and last week it was 37 on a few days. I've been rebuilding a deck over the break and the sun has been the killer. I gave it its first coat of oil today and tomorrow plan on starting early to give it the second coat
Sorry it took a while to reply, I'm watching the BBL (go 6ers)...anyway, yeah the milder weather seems isolated to the 50km or so coastal fringe, like it should be, however I have been living in Sydney all my life and just moved 80kms south of there a year ago. I can't remember it being as cool as this, but an internet search turned up the year 1956 as being colder than this summer, so that was before I was born.

Good luck with your deck and I hope it turns out nice for you and it doesn't get too hot early on. All the best.
Old 29-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Master
Wild Weather! At least it is not like it was in Noah's time.
Old 29-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Gracey

Been a mild winter so far. We broke our warmest record from 1933.
Old 30-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Whoa! We just got a humdinger storm through last night. It raged all night long, brought tree branches down. Now it is just raining (as per usual!) and the wind has died down. The fields are beginning to look like lakes.
Old 30-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Gracey

We just missed a huge ice storm. Still really mild here...in the 50's. I don't mind seeing as how we had 6 months of winter last year.
Old 30-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Master

Over 3 times monthly rainful here - nearly 4 times. I think. It feels like more than that!
Old 30-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Master
Maybe it is time to build an Ark.
Old 30-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator
I am reminded of a guy who used to walk about my local town telling us prophecies. That was back in the 80s....(when life was kind of 'normal'?) He slept out in a field, didn't want anything else.
He built a small coracle, and used to carry it about and 'park' it here and there.
He warned us that "The Flood was coming". That one day the dry land would be inundated by water and that we had better prepare. He told us that the greed of humanity was causing it.
That was well before any worries about 'global warming'.
He was quite a nice sort of guy even though eccentric. He had gentle ways. But many of us used to laugh about him, and think he was pleasantly nuts.

Now....guess what? He wasn't far wrong. (Look at what is happening in the north of England, and in other areas in the world, and what happened in Somerset England not long ago.)