Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 09-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Deactivated Account
spiritual healing

responses please

As I understand spiritual healing, the healing energy comes from the world of the spirit (or whatever description you use) via a physical being, the 'healer' or 'healing medium'. (or whatever word you favor)

Again I understand healing is personal and the energy is directed towards a specific individual, that energy reaching the person's spirit its benefit to the physical body is the consequence when all works well.

What, then, are we to make of entreaties for healing intercession for the whole world or anything else large-scale?

Or for intercession to bring about the defeat of something threatening the wellbeing and lives of large numbers of people - cancers for example, or the coronavirus that's brought about the current pandemic?

If I'm right that healing is meant for the individual how do we square an approach that seeks to be broad-brush in its approach to sickness causing agents?
Old 09-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Master
It has been done.
By the Maharishi group.
Not so much to heal an illness but rather to stop violence and war, and is well documented.
It was suggested, if one million continuously meditated, all wars and violence would stop.
One million of 7.5 billion is is not many.
Look up: Maharishi effect
Old 09-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
It has been done.
By the Maharishi group.
Not so much to heal an illness but rather to stop violence and war, and is well documented.
It was suggested, if one million continuously meditated, all wars and violence would stop.
One million of 7.5 billion is is not many.
Look up: Maharishi effect

It's an interesting notion but not quite what I'd asked about.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Master
Generally speaking people do not get ill when they are in a very high vibration, as in very well aligned with themselves.
When you are in the state of being -and not for an hour of course, but as a way of life- the genes that can bring about illness like cancer, or other things that make you vulnerable to contracting something- are down-regulated. They basically become totally inactive, they aren't read anymore.
The ones that promote health, strong immune system, and so on are up-regulated and these are the genes that are being read now.

When you live in stress -like most everyone in this society- you aren't totally living in that right state of being. It takes focus, determination and devotion.

Healing works in a similar way. It's basically helping the person to become aligned with their own higher self, their positive and happy self. This will heal.
This is what Jesus did too. He didn't see the sick person before him, he saw them through the eyes of the Divine, the eyes of Love. He saw someone whole and healthy as they actually were. That incredibly high energy immediately connected that sick person with that and he got healed.

Helping to heal the world is also done by spreading love. Helping to change the world and make it a better place without violence etc. is also done by spreading love. Love is the highest vibration there is and by doing a group thing you can create an enormous powerful wave of Love to send somewhere.
Some are still deeply embedded in fear and anger, so it will take time to get through to them, and I do think we may have to accept we cannot get through to some people. But then we can eventually get through to the ones around him, which is enough.

You can not send healing to someone and have them miraculously cured, or achieve a lasting effect. It won't 'hold'. Healing only comes from the inside of the person themselves. You can help them by enveloping them in a higher energy, but it's up to them to allow this in, or not.
Sometimes you can send someone love (which is healing) and leave it around them, around their aura, readily available for them to absorb it when they choose to do so.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Generally speaking people do not get ill when they are in a very high vibration, as in very well aligned with themselves.
When you are in the state of being -and not for an hour of course, but as a way of life- the genes that can bring about illness like cancer, or other things that make you vulnerable to contracting something- are down-regulated. They basically become totally inactive, they aren't read anymore.
The ones that promote health, strong immune system, and so on are up-regulated and these are the genes that are being read now.

When you live in stress -like most everyone in this society- you aren't totally living in that right state of being. It takes focus, determination and devotion.

Healing works in a similar way. It's basically helping the person to become aligned with their own higher self, their positive and happy self. This will heal.
This is what Jesus did too. He didn't see the sick person before him, he saw them through the eyes of the Divine, the eyes of Love. He saw someone whole and healthy as they actually were. That incredibly high energy immediately connected that sick person with that and he got healed.

Helping to heal the world is also done by spreading love. Helping to change the world and make it a better place without violence etc. is also done by spreading love. Love is the highest vibration there is and by doing a group thing you can create an enormous powerful wave of Love to send somewhere.
Some are still deeply embedded in fear and anger, so it will take time to get through to them, and I do think we may have to accept we cannot get through to some people. But then we can eventually get through to the ones around him, which is enough.

You can not send healing to someone and have them miraculously cured, or achieve a lasting effect. It won't 'hold'. Healing only comes from the inside of the person themselves. You can help them by enveloping them in a higher energy, but it's up to them to allow this in, or not.
Sometimes you can send someone love (which is healing) and leave it around them, around their aura, readily available for them to absorb it when they choose to do so.

That's a lot of words but I'm unsure it deals with what I'd asked about - spiritual healing.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
That's a lot of words but I'm unsure it deals with what I'd asked about - spiritual healing.
So what I described is medical healing? You know, the Western medicine healing?
Old 09-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
So what I described is medical healing? You know, the Western medicine healing?

I couldn't follow what you were saying - my fault but I WAS asking about spiritual healing and wasn't sure that's what you were writing about. I'm not very bright.....
Old 11-09-2020, 07:26 AM
Deactivated Account
not totally surprised

I guess I'm not totally surprised this enquiry generated little interest but with so many registered members listed on SF I'd rather hoped I would find at least one or two.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:39 AM
Experiencer

It seems you are asking several things. The ones that come to mind are: "What good is prayer?" and "If God can heal anyone why does not God heal everyone?"

There are collective imbalances within humanity. These are impersonal energy patterns that are invisible but have effects that manifest outwardly in individuals or groups. So the idea is to heal the collective imbalance and in doing so there will be less likelihood for suffering to manifest in anyone.

God has given sovereign freewill to everyone. However due to the persistence of energy in this shared reality, we are held in a balance between this chaos just described and our ability to project our freewill. So we may appear to be helpless. We can choose non-chaos but we don't always see it when it is overshadowed by the chaos.

The imbalances are called by many names. Eckhart Tolle calls it the pain body. Jung called it the shadow self. Christians call it Satan. It is the disowned energy that is unconscious and manifests as chaos until it is raised into awareness. The energy dissipates all by itself as awareness is reached and energy is withdrawn. That would be the healing success.

When our attention turns to the symptoms and reactions then that adds to the feeling that we are helpless. When this happens just breathe and allow inner peace to coexist with the memory of the outer symptoms. That is how you own the moment. Try to avoid indulging in the thought that the outer memories are somehow permanent. That is the illusion.

God does not heal us without our participation. Consciousness and awareness are always in play. Prayer is another way to allow the awareness to arise by deliberately turning our attention inward to a form of peace such as God presence. So request for intercession is a helpful way to direct our attention toward peace.

Just because you are still aware of problems in the world does not mean that your prayers are for naught. It just means the effects are not obvious to you in the current moment. This is where faith is needed. The essence of spirituality is to act in terms of an unseen reality. Based on either faith or knowing.

When we heal ourselves we heal others. When we heal others we heal ourselves. When we turn our attention to God an opening is created for all to be healed.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
It seems you are asking several things. The ones that come to mind are: "What good is prayer?" and "If God can heal anyone why does not God heal everyone?"

With great respect the questions I actually asked were prefaced:

"As I understand spiritual healing, the healing energy comes from the world of the spirit (or whatever description you use) via a physical being, the 'healer' or 'healing medium'. (or whatever word you favor)

Again I understand healing is personal and the energy is directed towards a specific individual, that energy reaching the person's spirit its benefit to the physical body is the consequence when all works well."

So the questions that came to your mind were not those in mine.

Quote:
Just because you are still aware of problems in the world does not mean that your prayers are for naught. It just means the effects are not obvious to you in the current moment. This is where faith is needed. The essence of spirituality is to act in terms of an unseen reality. Based on either faith or knowing.

Again I was asking what I did in the context of individual spirit healing. You are talking about something I hadn't asked about.

Quote:
When we heal ourselves we heal others.

I didn't ask about self-healing.

Quote:
When we heal others we heal ourselves. When we turn our attention to God an opening is created for all to be healed.

WE don't heal......

In all my points I totally acknowledge your beliefs.