Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 07-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Snake - Hostile or evil force of the astral plane - considering the red color, probably a sexual connotation.

Snake with open hood is more to do with kundalini.

Sometimes serpents indicate energies simply, not harmful ones; but more often it is the other way. Golden serpent is normally a good sign.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Knower
I read a story once about a great rainbow serpent, who awoke and journeyed great distances. When tired it would coil and sleep in certain spots. Upon returning to where it came, it called out to the frogs 'come out.' the frogs slowly emerged as water was held in their bellies... the snake hit them in the stomach and from the from the frogs spewed forth water which filled the paths that the serpent traveled creating rivers, where the serpent rested, the water pooled giving birth to lakes ponds and oceans. Where the water touched came grass and trees. And with that all the other animals came out and found their place among the trees and fields and desert. Some of the animals were gifted by the great rainbow serpent human form. Giving rise to tribes and from the form from which they were changed became the tribes totem animal.

I'm not Native American but this myth holds a lot of symbolism pertaining to snakes and thought I might share it with you.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Suspended
What Tribe is this story from?
Old 07-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
What Tribe is this story from?
aboriginal austraila?

I am weary of wikipedia as a refrence but a google search of rainbow serpent it is what first came up. I would include a link but cant get my tablet to paste it.