Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 25-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Andarras

Question My first shamanic journey

Hi all,

I listened to a drumming mp3 that is designed for shamanic journeys. Nothing happened for the first 5 minutes or so then suddenly I saw an image flash for a split second. It was an old yellowed tattered photo of a wolf. Just an image. Then I found myself going into the forest following a wolf. From this point everything was kind of in pieces not necessarily smooth and flowing but it seemed natural.

My purpose was to become more attractive to women, be more assertive and in control.

I vaguely remember seeing a bear, but then I met this older man who I think gave me advice on being a man. The wolf then howled into the sky and I did the same. I felt powerful and free, and then my howling caused the ground around me to lift up like from an earthquake.

Next I found myself on the beach with a naked women (at least I 'feel' like she was naked, I have no visual recollection) and I think my spirit guide was telling me what I had to do and when I did it wrong he would whack me in back of the head with a stick.

What does this all mean? I'm guessing me howling and causing an earthquake is a sign of freeing myself from my constraints and accessing my true power.

Thanks!
Old 25-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Ciqala

Hehe it sounds like your spirit guide has a good sense of humour, and that is always good.

Keep trying and you will find your answers.

Wolves are exceptionally loyal, and loving animals. If you tame them, they are even more loyal to you than dogs are. You become part of their pack!
I used to be a part of an Attemak ranch, sled dog school, there were about thirty wolf hybrids, and I also raised my own wolf dog whom I named Warrior.
When you live with them in the pack for so long, you learn a lot.
They teach you a lot about relationships.
Your vision could have been showing you how to become the Alpha Male in order to win over females.
The Alpha Male and the Alpha Female are inseparable and mate for life.
The Alpha Male isn't aggressive either, he's truly chosen by the rest of the pack because of his leadership skills and kindness, not because he forces his way into the ranks. All the females want him, because he has a truly shining personality and is very assertive in a polite and charming and kind way. Despite common myth, he's not violent. No wolves are violent unless truly pushed into it (and the mother wolf will do anything to protect her young), they are natural peace keepers. And also, naturally skittish, timid and shy around strangers.

There is always one big and bad wolf in the pack, he sort of serves as the punisher, the one who keeps the rest of the community in line. All of the other wolves usually fear him and he is known to pick fights. For sled dogs, this type of dog is always put in the back to keep the other dogs motivated onwards.
While the Alpha Male is in the front so they know to keep going. The coolest thing is, we used to pair up on each side of the lines, a male dog and female dog beside him, because it kept them in balance.
Old 26-01-2013, 07:06 AM
MysticalPuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

Hehe it sounds like your spirit guide has a good sense of humour, and that is always good.

Keep trying and you will find your answers.

Wolves are exceptionally loyal, and loving animals. If you tame them, they are even more loyal to you than dogs are. You become part of their pack!
I used to be a part of an Attemak ranch, sled dog school, there were about thirty wolf hybrids, and I also raised my own wolf dog whom I named Warrior.
When you live with them in the pack for so long, you learn a lot.
They teach you a lot about relationships.
Your vision could have been showing you how to become the Alpha Male in order to win over females.
The Alpha Male and the Alpha Female are inseparable and mate for life.
The Alpha Male isn't aggressive either, he's truly chosen by the rest of the pack because of his leadership skills and kindness, not because he forces his way into the ranks. All the females want him, because he has a truly shining personality and is very assertive in a polite and charming and kind way. Despite common myth, he's not violent. No wolves are violent unless truly pushed into it (and the mother wolf will do anything to protect her young), they are natural peace keepers. And also, naturally skittish, timid and shy around strangers.

There is always one big and bad wolf in the pack, he sort of serves as the punisher, the one who keeps the rest of the community in line. All of the other wolves usually fear him and he is known to pick fights. For sled dogs, this type of dog is always put in the back to keep the other dogs motivated onwards.
While the Alpha Male is in the front so they know to keep going. The coolest thing is, we used to pair up on each side of the lines, a male dog and female dog beside him, because it kept them in balance.

Oh that's so beautiful, I'd love to observe wolves I feel so drawn to them!

As for your first Shamanic Journey, I just had mine last week too :)

Have you ever heard of the Book "Women who Run with Wolves?" I sort of agree with the sentiment of the alpha in bot sexes. To be the best you can be, and attract someone who vibrates at your own frequency...

That's attractive, trust me. If you're the best you can be you will attract many.

Beware though...
Old 27-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Andarras

I listened to the audio the other day but didn't really get much of a journey. But then this morning, it was pretty cool.

Again the wolf appeared, but it didn't seem to have much significance, kind of just flashed into my head every now and then. But I met an old man, I can never actually 'see' what he looks like. And he was telling me some advice, like 'men need to lead, to fill my heart with love and remove the rotting garbage from my head, women seek their guides for answers to men as well, women feel rejected when guys don't fulfill their masculine duties. At least that was what I managed to claw together afterwards. I could barely remember any of the conversation (is this a good sign, in that it's not a conscious conversation but going directly to my subconscious?).

The weird thing is sometimes I get muscle twitches. My right foot twitched, then my whole left leg. But then at the end it felt like someone had squeezed my right foot directly under my little toe. To the point that I actually came back to the room because I thought my housemate had snuck into my room and tried to play a trick.

I also got this effect that does sometimes happen. I don't know how to explain it. It's like normally when you close your eyes you just see black like the darkness is right in front of your eyes. But then it feels like the darkness gains depth, lots of depth and it usually freaks me out. But I continued my journey and I kissed the girl that my spirit guide was using to teach me something and it had this ethereal quality to it.

I also now recall sitting next to the girl on the beach. My guide then whacked me - I think I may have not come across assertive, I think I went up in a needy way and asked if I could join her. But then I saw myself sit down and said something like 'Hey, thought I would join you. You don't have a massive boyfriend out there (motioned to the water) that's going to get upset if I talk to you?' (I would never normally assume it's okay for me to join the girl, always felt like I needed her approval, and I would never ask if she's got a boyfriend. So interesting things to consider.

When I started getting the lessons with a girl, the first time I assumed it was being forced by me. But it's always at the beach, and I don't actually like the beach so why am I seeing this visual at the beach? And I always magically end up at the beach. I never see the journey from the forest to the beach. I think I may see forest at the edge of the beach but I don't see myself coming out of the forest.

Any thoughts? How does this work? I gave my spirit guides the request of 'I want to be more assertive and confident around beautiful women'. So will I start to see subtle shifts in my personality from what my subconscious is learning?

And is there ways to make it even more powerful? Does a journey require conscious control? As in do I guide the journey, or let it unfold? If I just let it unfold, can I add thoughts or ideas to the mix? Do I simply communicate them in the conversation with my spirit guide?

Thanks!
Old 28-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarras
When I started getting the lessons with a girl, the first time I assumed it was being forced by me. But it's always at the beach, and I don't actually like the beach so why am I seeing this visual at the beach? And I always magically end up at the beach. I never see the journey from the forest to the beach. I think I may see forest at the edge of the beach but I don't see myself coming out of the forest.

It sounds to me as if you're going from "lost in the woods" or the forest, to "life on the edge". I'm not sure about Native American traditions, but edges are very significant in European folk spirituality: bridges, doorways, weddings, dawn and dusk, were canny places and times. Beaches are edges, and special things can happen on edges. There is some spiritual mystery in the open and deep ocean, I believe, but most sea life will cluster at the shore.

Quote:
Any thoughts? How does this work? I gave my spirit guides the request of 'I want to be more assertive and confident around beautiful women'. So will I start to see subtle shifts in my personality from what my subconscious is learning?

Perhaps. I find it fulfilling when insights are made conscious rather than left subconscious, but the backburner's a warm place too.

Quote:
And is there ways to make it even more powerful?
Does a journey require conscious control?
As in do I guide the journey, or let it unfold?
If I just let it unfold, can I add thoughts or ideas to the mix?
Do I simply communicate them in the conversation with my spirit guide?

I'd say it's just as powerful as it needs to be right now.
No, unless that's the lesson. (You'll know in your heart if it is)
Let it unfold.
Yes, you can fold those in, and let it unfold again.
Yes, unless you don't. (You'll know in your heart when not to)

The bear followed by the wolf sounds very Norse to me. It's like the Berserker and Úlfhéðnar warriors (bear skin, and wolf skin.) So, that could be the assertion. However, attraction is a two-way thing. That could be represented by the duality of the beach and the lessons from the naked woman. Happy journeys!