Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Insightful

Let's not forget that Jesus is just an archetypal myth.
DL

There you go. This is the Christian forum. What do you want here? To share that Jesus is just the myth.
That He never appeared in the flesh as long prophesied?

And, you are the aberrant farce.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Master
There you go.
This is the Christian forum. What do you want here? To share that Jesus is just the myth.

That He never appeared in the flesh, as long prophesied?
You can glibly quote the atrocities, of people who opposed the Jews, can't quote the prophesies?
As sky said, "well you weren't there so..."

And, you are the aberrant farce.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-08-2020, 07:49 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Yet often those who wish to rule over the people do so by appealing to the heart. who is less ready, the rulers or the people?

The heart???

Politics and religions are con games.

The people will elect the best liars.

You have all been dumbed down for good reasons, to our owners.

Regards
DL
Old 19-08-2020, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
The heart???

Politics and religions are con games.

The people will elect the best liars.

You have all been dumbed down for good reasons, to our owners.

Regards
DL
You claim Politics is a 'con game'.
Does that mean you believe in anarchy?

and do you really believe you are one of the elitists who knows too much as compared to the rest of us which you apparently seem to refer to us as dumb?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You claim Politics is a 'con game'.
Does that mean you believe in anarchy?

and do you really believe you are one of the elitists who knows too much as compared to the rest of us which you apparently seem to refer to us as dumb?

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6DfJVjEMlc&t=4s

Regards
DL
Old 19-08-2020, 10:41 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?
And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.
That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.
In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

This link speak to theistic evolution.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...953166/?no-ist

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive. Our default position is to cooperate or to do good. I offer this clip as proof of this. You will note that we default to good as it is better for survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBW5vdhr_PA

Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?
And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Regards
DL

One can falsely reason until they die. But in the End--What God thinks and does will be reality. One can get on board or not.

Weighing it in the balance is---- 70-100 years of unrepented sinning---or trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of life in happiness. Bad( evil) not occurring.
Old 19-08-2020, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
LOL!

The person in the video even goes after Gnostics.

So much for your elitist position and for calling us dumb!

Is that the best you got?

Name calling?

Why not name calling and throwing rocks?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-08-2020, 04:19 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
One can falsely reason until they die. But in the End--What God thinks and does will be reality. One can get on board or not.

Weighing it in the balance is---- 70-100 years of unrepented sinning---or trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of life in happiness. Bad( evil) not occurring.

Only a real *** hole will ignore that your own scriptures say that the vast majority of us will end in hell due to no cause of our own.

Your **** wad god has denied non-believers what they require to believe and that is the prick you want me to adore.

No thanks. I will let you follow that satanic garbage god.

Read your bible, for a change and see that all I say is always the truth and the proper moral position.

Regards
DL
Old 20-08-2020, 04:22 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
LOL!

The person in the video even goes after Gnostics.

So much for your elitist position and for calling us dumb!

Is that the best you got?

Name calling?

Why not name calling and throwing rocks?

From a religionist whose religions used inquisitions.

You are as bright *** a brick, and your lack of a decent moral sense says it all for your intelligence.

That is why you run like a child from moral discussions.

You and Satan are on the greatest terms.

Regards
DL
Old 20-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
From a religionist whose religions used inquisitions.

You are as bright *** a brick, and your lack of a decent moral sense says it all for your intelligence.

That is why you run like a child from moral discussions.

You and Satan are on the greatest terms.

Regards
DL
LOL!
What are you smoking?
My religions does not use inquisitions: never has!
I challenge you to prove that!

and claiming I "lack of a decent moral sense says it all for your intelligence." is about the funnest thing anybody has said.

Are you high?
You surely write as if you are!