Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Master
The Sainthood and Martyrdom of St. Paul

There is among the Gnostic perspective and teachings a condemnation of St. Paul.
Which is confounding from what we know of him.

We know that St. Paul grew up in the Temple and was extremely zealous for the faith.

When he heard these new teachings about the supposed messiah, he went about rousting and persecuting those people involved.
These new "Christians".

It was on one of these exursions to the city of Damascus when suddenly he was knocked off his donkey, on the ground, and there met Christ.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
There is among the Gnostic perspective and teachings a condemnation of St. Paul.

We know that St. Paul grew up in the Temple and was extremely zealous for the faith.

When he heard these new teachings about the supposed messiah, he went about rousting and persecuting those people involved.
These new "Christians".

It was on one of these exursions to the city of Damascus when suddenly he was knocked off his donkey, on the ground, and there met Christ.

The Apostle Paul is probably the least understood Apostle.

Many claim he abused women's rights and rights to other people
but in reality, he opened the door for others to become Christians
and was the most progressive of the Apostles.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Master
He was directed by the Lord in this experience to a city, we are to understand, to recover his lost sight, and rediscover Christ in the old testament. Which he already thought he knew!

After meeting the ascended Christ, he was directed by him into the city and was blind for 3 days, "and did not eat."
Ultimately spending 14 years (?) in this research of O/T scriptures.
Acts 9:3-9

Meanwhile, his reputation as an enemy to the faithful continued to grow among Christians.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 07-08-2020 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:

These new "Christians".

' He went about rousting and persecuting those people involved. '

Very unchristian.... What happened to ' Love your neighbour as yourself. ' Seems to me that love the neighbor who complies to what you believe is applicable here.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' He went about rousting and persecuting those people involved. '

Very unchristian.... What happened to ' Love your neighbour as yourself. ' Seems to me that love the neighbor who complies to what you believe is applicable here.

Indeed sky, but at that time, he wasn't yet converted and was zealous for the Jewish teachings he grew up in! Thinking the new believers in Jesus were out to corrupt the Jewish faith! There are after all certain verses about blasphemers and those who do so.
So, after all this time studying to find Christ in the O/T, he began his service to the Lord.
Imploring those whom he persecuted to forgive him and confessing Jesus to them.
In contrast to his growing reputation of persecution to the faithful.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Indeed sky, but at that time, he wasn't yet converted and was zealous gor the Jewish teachings he grew up in! Thinking the new believers in Jesus were out to corrupt the Jewish faith! There are aft
er all certain verses about blasphemers and those who do so.

You don't need to be a Convert to treat others as yourself, if he was around today he would be described as a ' Thug '.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Master
Perhaps sky. A religious "thug", for the sake of keeping the Jewish faith pure, and uncorrupted.

Much like the recent communist government, he went about rousting, and having people imprisoned for perpetuating Christ's teachings. Beating them and imprisoning them. Separating family members.

So, directed to one city by the Lord, ultimately he spent 14 years discovering Christ in the old testament.

Regarding the loss of sight incurred by meeting the ascended Lord, one realizes, had developed an eye condition from it, later on in his ministry.
Which after praying about it three times, the Lord refused to heal.
The power of God would be manifest through Paul's physical weakness, in order to defy Ego, and make God's power more manifest to those who would be healed, and saved.

Paul, by the time he was of old age, ultimately started about 14 churches through his dedication to the Lord.
Hardly being able to see, visually.

After doing such service, he was finally martyred, beheaded, on orders from the Roman government.

Last edited by Morpheus : 07-08-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:46 PM
Master
So, what is this vilification of St. Paul, the martyr, who established some 14 congregations... by the Gnostics perspective and teachings?

And, in the Christian Forum?

Old 07-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps sky. A religious "thug", for the sake of keeping the Jewish faith pure, and uncorrupted.

Much like the recent communist government, he went about rousting, and having people imprisoned for perpetuating Christ's teachings. Beating them and imprisoning them. Separating family members.

So, directed to one city by the Lord, ultimately he spent 14 years discovering Christ in the old testament.

Regarding the loss of sight incurred by meeting the ascended Lord, one realizes, had developed an eye condition from it, later on in his ministry.
Which after praying about it three times, the Lord refused to heal.
The power of God would be manifest through Paul's physical weakness, in order to defy Ego, and make God's power more manifest to those who would be healed, and saved.

Paul, by the time he was of old age, ultimately started about 14 churches through his dedication to the Lord.
Hardly being able to see, visually.

After doing such service, he was finally martyred, beheaded, on orders from the Roman government.

Why do you need Churches to dedicate yourself to the Lord ?
Old 07-08-2020, 07:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You don't need to be a Convert to treat others as yourself, if he was around today he would be described as a ' Thug '.
I don't know enough of that man to have an opinion, but I believe that it is a mistake to judge people out of context.

If he were around today he might be an activist for a cause you support or don't, and you'll call him a good man or a thug.

We can be sure that we do something today that will be considered wrong sometimes in the future.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.