Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 23-02-2024, 08:07 PM
Master
[B I have so many cards of turret and information cards but I practice on myself I have done family at Christmas in 2022 and those sore spot on the raidens the readings I picked up was put on
The ones I've done myself a lot of them come true]
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [/b]

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 23-02-2024, 09:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Miss Hepburn, the link here goes to a free Tarot course by Joan Bunning. She has been using the Tarot for decades; it covers everything, and it is good for beginners in my opinion. At minimum the linked course will be a good reference and a good starting point for beginning Tarot practice; plus it is free.

http://www.learntarot.com/course.htm

I used that website a lot when I first started using tarot cards a long time ago. It's excellent. I have recently bought a second Rider Waite deck from Nicky Alan. They have QR codes on the back of each card, one for the upright position and one for reversed. When you scan the code it takes you to a short video that has an explanation of the possible meanings of the card. If you want to learn tarot I think you're better off using your intuition for each card first, and get a feeling for what the cards are saying to you. Then look at the interpretations from someone like Joan Bunning. I don't go in for cleansing etc. or even keeping the cards in a special place. I seem to get a connection When I shuffle them and the relevant cards pop out.
Old 29-03-2024, 03:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Learning to read using the Tarot has been very difficult for me. I keep getting in my head way to much. Oracles cards have been easier for me because I don't get lost in "the correct meaning" of the card.
Old 30-03-2024, 04:02 AM
Master
Knower, I too started using that website decades ago when I first began tarot practice. I found it very helpful, and I do agree that intuition is more preferable then trying to know in our heads what the cards mean.

I use the Rider-Wait deck Major Arcane for spiritual development, as is taught in the Kabbalah, and readings with the full deck to peer into my own path. I did not start reading other people’s cards until I had a firm grasp and connection with the Tarot; and that connection came from me just reading my own cards.

In the occult tarot as practiced by the Rosicrucian’s, Eliphas Levi, the Kabbalah, and others who used the Rider-Wait deck; on Key-10 The Wheel of Fortune, the letters ROTA appear on the wheel, which refers to the rotation of life. ROTA is a rotation of the letters TAROT; little simple things like this fascinate me.
Old 30-03-2024, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspirit
Learning to read using the Tarot has been very difficult for me. I keep getting in my head way to much. Oracles cards have been easier for me because I don't get lost in "the correct meaning" of the card.
It does help to get a Tarot deck that you really resonate with. So artwork that works for you.

Also in the beginning of learning Tarot it can take some time to become more intuitive with reading as you still have to learn the basic interpretations of all the cards.
If you persevere, just enjoy it, it will get easier and more intuitive.

In order to speed that process up it helps to for instance draw 1 card a day for at least a month.
ANother one, pick a card that you feel represents you, then go 'in' the card and explore what the scenery and potential other people make you feel, do, think etc. etc.

You can also do that with a card for a partner (if you don't have one pick another person you're close with, friend, family), and do the same thing. Add to that feeling how they make you feel, act, think and so on.

Such short and fun exercises can greatly help become more familiar and intuitive with Tarot.
Old 31-03-2024, 01:42 PM
Newbie ;)

FairyCrystal, thank you for the wonderful suggestions. I really like the ideal of "going 'in' the card and explore the scenery. I've never heard that suggestion before but that is actually something I can do. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2024, 02:17 AM
crystaladdict99

Biddy Tarot is a great resource!
Old 01-04-2024, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windspirit
FairyCrystal, thank you for the wonderful suggestions. I really like the ideal of "going 'in' the card and explore the scenery. I've never heard that suggestion before but that is actually something I can do. Thank you!
You're welcome! It was one of the exercises in the Tarot book for beginners that I bumped into years ago.
It helped me tremendously to really get going with it.

Another one -that will take quite some time, you'll have to do several sessions to get it done, but oh-so helpful!- is to go through the cards, suit by suit, and write your own interpretations, feelings, thoughts for each card.
So you make you own Tarot book so to speak.

What that helps with is to get a good feeling for each card and really acquaints you with the deck. I enjoyed doing it and was well worth the time it took!!

The more you do fun and playful exercises like this, the more you'll develop a feel for the cards.
All the while pulling 1 daycard is very good too, as the interpretation tends to alter as it's just for the day.
By the end of the day you go over what you wrote down, see if it was correct, if not, see what it DID mean.
Cards don't lie. That's another thing to remember. Cards are never wrong. Doesn't mean you can always interpret it correctly, and that's okay too.
But doing this with daycards broadens your understanding of the resp. card, so doing that simple exercise daily helps bring in depth in your readings later on :)
Old 01-04-2024, 02:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaladdict99
Biddy Tarot is a great resource!

I've heard of Biddy Tarot. I will check out their website. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2024, 02:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal

The more you do fun and playful exercises like this, the more you'll develop a feel for the cards.

Somewhere along my Tarot journey, I forgot to make the learning process fun and playful. I bet my intuition will engage more it's I'm having fun with the process.