Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-12-2021, 06:06 PM
Deactivated Account
some questions about reincarnation

As I'm heading - slowly I hope! - towards the departure lounge my recent thoughts have been on when my next time back might be.

Do you have any thoughts/ideas how long it might be before we return for another incarnation - years, decades, centuries? Do you feel there a typical or average length of time?

What would you like to do, or to be, next time around?
Old 06-12-2021, 06:42 PM
Master

Ah, we are all heading towards the departure lounge, and some of us may find ourselves there sooner than we expect.

But now I am in my sixties I find myself less concerned with making future plans for my life on Earth and more concerned with investigating and preparing for my departure, whenever that might be.

As for how long it might be before any future return to this physical plane, we can only speculate.

Some Theosophical teachings suggest that the undeveloped human being spends little time between incarnations, as they have little to assimilate from their last incarnation and their emotional/mental bodies are insufficiently developed to spend much time on other planes of existence.

Whereas the average human being spends much longer between incarnations as they process whatever they have learned and explore the possibilities of other planes.

And the advanced human being processes much of their learning while still in physical form. They may incarnate again fairly quickly to continue their development or they may be engaged in non-physical work for an extended period.

This is all speculation, but I don't know if there is a typical time between lives. I suspect that it is a Soul decision and such a decision is made with perfect timing.

As for next time round (assuming a linear progression in physical form), who knows? Given the present rate of human development then a future incarnation may offer all sorts of possibilities which we cannot currently imagine. Or given the state of the world and possible climate change, life on Earth in future times may be exceedingly difficult, at least in the short term.

It is an interesting subject.

Peace
Old 06-12-2021, 07:50 PM
Deactivated Account
It's not uncommon to hear individuals say they remember their previous incarnations but whether they remember in sufficient detail to be able to assess how long passes between one incarnation and the next I have no idea - assuming we think in terms of linear time.

Sources that influence my own understanding haven't given any guidance on the subject as far as I'm aware.

I wonder how many individuals who are interested in talking about their claimed earlier incarnations ever consider what they'll do, or be, the next time around....
Old 06-12-2021, 09:25 PM
The common amount of time I have read often is approx 50 years till the next time around.
I do rem 3 past lives. That's neither here or there, started 'having visions' at 24.

I hesitate saying this because saying it a few times I think people must roll their eyes as if I am some goody goody, too good
to be real, making it up...but, I will say it anyway because nothing is truer:
I trust in my Father with my whole being; in the good, the bad and the ugly.
I trust in the Brilliant System He created to handle the entire way back Home, back to Him and a return to Knowledge.
So, I'm fine however we all decide is best for me. Ah, the freedom.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2021, 10:08 PM
Deactivated Account
I hadn't heard the 50 years between incarnations suggestion. It would be interesting to learn how it was worked out so as to understand what details showed the time frame. It's not really important in any practical way but I would find it interesting.

I'm very much planning to choose for myself what happens next time around and don't intend anyone else determining it for me although I'm open to being guided - personal responsibility and all that.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I hadn't heard the 50 years between incarnations suggestion. It would be interesting to learn how it was worked out so as to understand what details showed the time frame.... but I would find it interesting.
It is common we have loved ones and connections or interests here...50 or so years+...and we can be there
to welcome friends when they cross over...and we can chat.
This I have surmised from over 50 years of reading starting at 16, not exp'd personally.
Naturally, with most things...there are exceptions!! Just sayin'...no one has to believe this!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Ah I follow. 50 years or so is your own conclusion from readings.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Ah I follow. 50 years or so is your own conclusion from readings.
Yes, I'm usually pretty clear if something is my personal exp ---or a conclusion from many sources or a couple of books.
So, I do not 'know'.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:41 PM
Deactivated Account
I'd misunderstood when you spoke about remembering 3 previous lives. Mistakenly I thought you'd meant 50 or so years between each of them. My mistake - sorry.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:03 PM
Thumbs up

Have you by any chance noticed I reference Rob Schwartz a lot here?
I don't buy many thick books...but, I had to have one of his 3.
I have never known anyone do better research than the team he went around the world to choose.
Boy, do you ever find out a lot about past lives, the In-between place, and coming back...the Blueprint or plan that we make...and
how we can veer.
Fascinating stuff.
Now, if you are not much of a reader - you can glean a small percentage from the many many interviews with him online...
some interviewers are better than others, LOL.
I would suggest Buddha at the Gas Pump if you are into only one.
I've seen them all,hahahahahaha. I like the guy!

And I love this topic. thanks