Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-04-2021, 05:15 PM
Master
sky123, please re-read what I wrote.

On August 25, 2005, the Holiness the Dalai Lama, spoke these words at Leh, India as reported at https://www.dalailama.com.

As for the Vishuddha Symbol, I never said it had anything to do with the Dalai Lama. It is the symbol for the Throat Chakra. As for me, I see absolutely nothing 'wrong' with using that symbol.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:58 AM
Knower
Smile

thank you, big john and sky, for everything you teach me. That means a lot to me. I wish you all the blessings in the world, sending you love energies, that been a great pleasure and tremendous honor.
for those who preserve life, their own life will be preserved as well, and no life is better than the other all life is equally important, and all lives are one, entwined and connected we all are, by the power of love.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-of-light
thank you, big john and sky, for everything you teach me. That means a lot to me. I wish you all the blessings in the world, sending you love energies, that been a great pleasure and tremendous honor.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-of-light
I believe that not only related to Buddhism, but I figure I ask here,
what are the temples incense called ? ( you know I heard stories on incense that can burn for an entire day) what is the long duration incense called? and the place they stand on?, I love incense and that part of my spiritual practice every day however, It always runs out fast. Thank you kindly in advance.

I re-read your post and was amazed that one of the questions dealt with long burning incense. The long burning part raised my curiosity.

I make incense and find it to be interesting. I have bought some of the extremely long burning incense which are about 3 feet tall and about 1" or more thick! I have never seen any of those incenses for sell in the USA.

If you should try ordering on-line, in the Far East, they are commonly known as Joss sticks.

The incense I used to make, would burn for over 1 hour. I recently checked the burn time on what I make now and is about 15 minutes. I drastically improved on the smell but forgot completely the burn time. I suspect the culprit is the oil I use for cutting my 'mixture'. It retains the smell while increasing the volume.

As for commercial packaged incenses, I find the Tibetan/Nepal incense to have some of he longest burn times followed by the Japanese.

In the Far East, you can buy some of the resins used to make incense very cheaply. Sometimes, I burn those resins on charcoal tablets.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:46 PM
Master
Something related to incense you might want to consider is the various Sages used for smudging.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I re-read your post and was amazed that one of the questions dealt with long burning incense. The long burning part raised my curiosity.

I make incense and find it to be interesting. I have bought some of the extremely long burning incense which are about 3 feet tall and about 1" or more thick! I have never seen any of those incenses for sell in the USA.

If you should try ordering on-line, in the Far East, they are commonly known as Joss sticks.

The incense I used to make, would burn for over 1 hour. I recently checked the burn time on what I make now and is about 15 minutes. I drastically improved on the smell but forgot completely the burn time. I suspect the culprit is the oil I use for cutting my 'mixture'. It retains the smell while increasing the volume.

As for commercial packaged incenses, I find the Tibetan/Nepal incense to have some of he longest burn times followed by the Japanese.

In the Far East, you can buy some of the resins used to make incense very cheaply. Sometimes, I burn those resins on charcoal tablets.

thank you so much for the information big john, Unfortunately, I need go out so I can't talk without delay something very critical, I will respond more when I am back, I just want you to know that I am honored you share with me this knowledge that great privilege, have amazing day/night and both see you later on.
for those who preserve life, their own life will be preserved as well, and no life is better than the other all life is equally important, and all lives are one, entwined and connected we all are, by the power of love.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:25 PM
Knower
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

I have never made incense before that sound fun, like chemistry lessons,
but I heard you need to wait 10-12 days and put it in the sun to dry out,
when you think on burn time of top 1 hour 12 sticks maybe that just 12 hours,

I think maybe the ordinary satya in that can be good for regular meditations, but for rituals and unique meditations or events to make your own incense is a key part, mostly when doing experimenting with rituals you develop or channel the information from an unknown source,

I had sometimes been doing a rituals I have absolutely no idea where it came from or a spells but that worked.
and that includes speaking an unknown language I learn to tune on, words that just come out, but when you try to rethink what you said,
no memory to recall it as if you never say it but you know you speak something you just can't remember what,
all you know is what you want the ritual or spell to do then it's just came out of nowhere what to do and how.