Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Guide
What is the third eye?

What is the third eye? I have seen things in the 'spirit realm', at nightime, black shadows and white lights/blogs, am I seeing this with my third eye? I'm a Christian and been taught NEVER to mess with chakras and things like that, but been questioning alot lately and not sure if what I've been taught is true anymore. After all, I see things in the spirit realm and that freaks other Christians out lol. So could I be using my third eye and not know it?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:08 AM
Seeker

Lightbulb

Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean that you don't have the right to question your beliefs. Who made up those rules anyway?. You must learn to question, pick, prod and most of all explore as much as you can without limiting yourself but rather expand upon them. Don't let your religious indoctrination hold you back from feeding your soul and satisfying your thirst for knowledge. Sometimes it's easy for us to blindly agree and follow what we are being told...learn to decipher and search for the truth yourself. Test it out, experiment and most of all study. You don't want to be blinded by ignorance.

Your third eye is just 1 component of the Chakra system which is based around the 7 major energy centers throughout your body. Their are more chakras as well but you must master the first 7 before you begin to transcend past them onto 8,9 and so one. The third eye is directly related to the pineal gland which is located in the middle of your brain and the third eye is in the front of your forehead expanding out a few inches. For most people the pineal gland is pretty active before the age of 8 (I think) and eventually becomes calcified. The water we drink has flouride which is another factor that plays into the calcification of the pineal gland. If you take the time to study the properties of the pineal gland and of course based on the research...the structure consists of rods and cones which are also found in the eye. Hence the correlation of the pineal gland with the third eye.

You can individually work on each chakra and their are kriyas, chants, and exercises you can do to strengthen, expand and open them up properly so you might want to research and practice to see which would be more suitable for you. I recommend reading up on some books and maybe looking into some crystals to enhance and speed up the process. I also recommend that you learn to use the search feature on this website for it will yield massive amounts of information on what you are looking for.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Çharismo-
Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean that you don't have the right to question your beliefs. Who made up those rules anyway?. You must learn to question, pick, prod and most of all explore as much as you can without limiting yourself but rather expand upon them. Don't let your religious indoctrination hold you back from feeding your soul and satisfying your thirst for knowledge. Sometimes it's easy for us to blindly agree and follow what we are being told...learn to decipher and search for the truth yourself. Test it out, experiment and most of all study. You don't want to be blinded by ignorance.

Yes, I been doing that. I have some types of 'gifts' that are changing and growing within me, and I figure God made it this way so I'm learning to embrace it.

Quote:
Your third eye is just 1 component of the Chakra system which is based around the 7 major energy centers throughout your body. Their are more chakras as well but you must master the first 7 before you begin to transcend past them onto 8,9 and so one. The third eye is directly related to the pineal gland which is located in the middle of your brain and the third eye is in the front of your forehead expanding out a few inches. For most people the pineal gland is pretty active before the age of 8 (I think) and eventually becomes calcified. The water we drink has flouride which is another factor that plays into the calcification of the pineal gland. If you take the time to study the properties of the pineal gland and of course based on the research...the structure consists of rods and cones which are also found in the eye. Hence the correlation of the pineal gland with the third eye.

You can individually work on each chakra and their are kriyas, chants, and exercises you can do to strengthen, expand and open them up properly so you might want to research and practice to see which would be more suitable for you. I recommend reading up on some books and maybe looking into some crystals to enhance and speed up the process. I also recommend that you learn to use the search feature on this website for it will yield massive amounts of information on what you are looking for.

I started taking melatonin to help me sleep and I'm wondering if this is 'activating' the third eye. I was reading a little last night on the topic and I had the sudden urge to ask my husband if he has seen any balls of light lately (he very rarely sees them but keeps it to himself unless I ask him). So when I asked him he said he just saw one. Oblong and bright white, outlined in blue - very brilliant. It disappeared within a few seconds.

So my husband has this ability somewhat, but I want to practice opening that third eye whereas he doesn't really care about that stuff. I spiritually want to function at my fullest potential and whatever gifts I have I want to learn how to use them.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Luna Wolf

Whatever you choose to believe you should feel in your heart/soul. My opinion of the third eye is, or an example would be replaying a memory, what your seeing is your 3rd eye, or the minds eye. Some people that see spirits are seeing them not with there eyes but with there mind eye. Its also believed you are using your universal mind to see them.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 AM
Master
Fish Jesus alluded to the third eye in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
What is the third eye? I have seen things in the 'spirit realm', at nightime, black shadows and white lights/blogs, am I seeing this with my third eye? I'm a Christian and been taught NEVER to mess with chakras and things like that, but been questioning alot lately and not sure if what I've been taught is true anymore. After all, I see things in the spirit realm and that freaks other Christians out lol. So could I be using my third eye and not know it?

Hi Dawn,

There is mysticism in Christianity (charismatics, gnosticism, confessions of the saints...), and there are a few who understand it, but there is no training for it for clergy so you will not likely hear about it in a church sermon unless you're lucky enough to have a really open-minded, interfaith kind of preacher who has had spiritual experiences of their own.

For example...

Jesus is quoted in Matthew 6:22 (King James version): "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

As Sri Vasudeva explains... The "eye" Jesus spoke of is our divine eye or third eye, the eye of spiritual light or brow chakra (ajna/agyia). This eye sees the world differently when awakened/opened and your whole being becomes different. When it’s not awakened, our mind is scattered but the more this chakra wakes up, develops, becomes stable and connects with the "Father" through the crown chakra, the more focused the mind becomes, and peace comes through, wisdom comes through, natural leadership develops, and with it (if the brow is more in surrender to the divine and not succumbing to the temptations of the lower chakras) the ability to create harmony. The qualities of the infinite stream through the crown but it is the third eye, the centre of the ego and a gradually manifesting Christ Consciousness, the chakra point that harnesses the divine power in the human experience - and commands/delegates divine energy to all the chakras beneath it. This is a gradual process that is not complete until the crown chakra is entirely pierced.

St. Teresa of Avila wrote about the chakras in her biography of spiritual experiences The Secret Castle. She used Jesus' terminology of "mansions" for "chakras" (she wouldn't have known the Sanskrit). When Jesus also said, John 14:2 (King James): "In my Father's house are many mansions," he means that the house is the body-temple, the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit (Kundalini).
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Seeker

Thumbs up

I thought I'd add more to what has been posted.

Uma, I was actually about to post about Gnostic Christianity as well but you did it so eloquently for me.

Their is a surrounding mysticism in regards to all 3 of the major religions but it's something that many never take the time to explore nor understand.

Judaism has the metaphysical/mystical/spiritual aspect of it called the Kabbalah which is based around the Tree of life and the book is called the Zohar.

Islam has Sufism which is also based around energy centers called The 7 Lataif.

And of course with Christianity you have Gnostic Christianity which Uma elaborated.

The original Chakra system was actually established by the Hindu's roughly 4000 years ago and since then has expanded into other aspects of the religions.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 AM
mattie

No Need To Be Fearful Of Our Energies

Christianity often teaches that working w/ our innate energies is satan’s territory. This is as outlandish as our circulatory system being satan’s territory. Although Christianity acknowledges nonphysical energies such as angels & our spirit, oddly, nonphysical energies in general, outside of those specific categories are to be feared as satanic. Organized religion also teaches us to fear spirits w/ the disinformation that these are more powerful than us & we are vulnerable to them. ROFL. These various fear based teachings are designed to convince us not to connect w/ our inner energies & the Universal ones, staying reliant on the church for our spiritual connection. Fear, Fear, Fear- We can safely reject any teachings that are based in fear as not being enlightened including those which are presented as religion’s dogma.

Organized religion has tried to convince us to be scared of working w/ our energies. It is in their interest to do so as when connect w/ their own energies & the Universal ones they find that organized religion really doesn’t hold much interest for them anymore. The churches are acutely aware that they need to keep the flock loyal & tithing to continue to exist. Many have found that organized religion isn’t necessary to connect w/ one’s spirituality, but this is a subjective choice.

We increasingly perceive energies in many ways as we expand our consciousness.

The melatonin isn’t activating the 3rd eye. It might help one connect w/ one’s spiritual team a little better just by helping us get enough sleep & deep sleep.

Rather than focusing on opening the 3rd eye (6th chakra) it is more useful to deal w/ the overall components of expanding one’s consciousness. It isn’t like we mechanically open the 3rd eye or any other energy part of us like a chakra & this automatically imparts expanded consciousness. This is actually opposite of how it works. As we expand our consciousness we naturally have our energies unfold (kundalini). Expanding one’s consciousness is accomplished by many things such as moving past fear, developing empathy, appreciating how we choose our thoughts & emotions & mastering these, connecting w/ one’s own energies (HS), then the Universal ones.

24 results for ‘3rd eye’ @ multidimensions.com-
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...dimensions.com

17 results for ‘6th chakra’ @ multidimensins.com-
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...dimensions.com
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Master
Charismo,
I can't speak for Gnosticism. I'm sure you would have a lot to share.

Matti,
Just to add that there are many beautiful things in religions too but also corruption (you mentioned fear but also power-lust, greed, ignorance...). In essence Christianity is a guru-worshipping religion that emphasizes the paths of bhakti (devotion) and karma yoga (selfless service). Those who practice any one of these with sincerity desiring to be one with Christ, will eventually go through all these chakra opening experiences, because it all starts with the intensity of one's desire, the intensity of one's seeking. Eventually though religion needs to be left behind because the remainder of the journey is so individual and internalized, and Christ becomes who you are, what you express in your being.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Seeker

Thumbs up

Organized religion isn't necessarily bad. The purpose of following an organized religion is to be better human beings...PERIOD. When you involve power structures, heirachy's, chain of commands or whatever else term you want to use is when you begin to have issues. When people have their own agenda's and motives is when religion becomes contaminated and riddled with fear and ignorance. Human beings are hard-wired for survival so in a way the Law of nature is at work so you can't really blame anyone for the corruption that unfolds because in essence humans will look out for themselves before anyone else.

However, religion CAN be used to control the masses and sustain loyalty with fear-based tactics however, that is not the purpose of religion. Ignorance is the root of all misinformation and I tell you a lot of priests, mullah's, imams, and rabbi's are very much rooted in misinformation. No one takes the time to actually study their book whether it be a Christian, Jew or Muslim but rather absorb someone else's teachings or believe what they are told. Yes the internet is a good place to start but I urge everyone to read books and thoroughly research because anyone can type up an article and proclaim themselves a PhD.

But the cool thing is that as individuals we have a CHOICE and many times we fail to exercise that power and dig for the truth ourselves.

As for the third eye, it's mentioned in many scripts and even the Egyptians had the knowledge that it pertains to the soul.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Guide
Thank u all for this information. My husband and I left 'church' 4 years ago and have since embarked on our path to know Christ and serve the Creator/God. We are still shaking off some teachings we used to hold dear. We have seen the control and greed from those in the pulpits, that's one big reason why we take ourselves away from organized religion.

We desire to live in abundance, in health, and live a life helping others who are less fortunate and downtrodden. So exploring this realm and opening up to it I believe are keys in advancing in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Jesus is quoted in Matthew 6:22 (King James version): "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Yes, I never understood that verse completely until NOW. Thank u UMA!!